A few questions

visighost

Enjoying the game so far. A few questions for anyone who's finished it:

-Does Progression for blueprints and familiars carry over on Darkness Invasion mode or do you need to gather the required amounts prior to NG+

-What's the purpose of the well where you can drop money behind merchants?

-Is the familiar tier list on Steam fair? Reproduced here:

Spoiler

S Tier: Taloncrawler, Mech Unit Mk 404, Water Spirit

A Tier: Demon Lord, Mandragora, Knight of Eternal Frost, Firebreather, Swashclucker

B Tier: Abaddon, Crystallized Frost, Reaper of Pumpkins, Trickster, Witching Crow

C Tier: King Octo, Shun, Hellish Boxer, Nightmare

D Tier: Ghastly Sharpshooter, Mad Pharmacist, Windblade Overlord

-I read the axe is favoured weapon... But I'm a bit concerned with close proximity. I've used the following strategy up to now: position myself so I can hit the mob/boss. Shoot/hit at range until they're next to me. Blink just within range for a free hit. Repeat and hope I have enough blinks to last. Anyone has anything smarter to recommend?

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 01/04/2022 at 2:26 PM, visighost said:

-Is the familiar tier list on Steam fair? Reproduced here:

Hide contents

S Tier: Taloncrawler, Mech Unit Mk 404, Water Spirit

A Tier: Demon Lord, Mandragora, Knight of Eternal Frost, Firebreather, Swashclucker

B Tier: Abaddon, Crystallized Frost, Reaper of Pumpkins, Trickster, Witching Crow

C Tier: King Octo, Shun, Hellish Boxer, Nightmare

D Tier: Ghastly Sharpshooter, Mad Pharmacist, Windblade Overlord

I appreciate this thread is super old, but I've only just started playing the game. 

The familiar tier list looks about right (although there's a few I'm still missing). Personally, I think the most OP familiar is the Black Monolith, which was in the DLC. One of its attacks is a high damage laser, and the other creates a vortex that pulls creatures into it. The latter is incredibly useful; not only does it drag enemies away from you, smaller enemies seem to die immediately when they get sucked it.