Constantly Crashes When I Try To Start It Up

So I have no idea why it’s like this, but recently I wanted to play this game again on the PS4.  When I put the disc in the system and updated the game, I start it up and the game crashes on the loading screen, this happened multiple times and I have no idea what to do.  I deleted the game and reinstalled it onto my PS4 but it still didn’t work, still the same crashing issue.  So is there something wrong?  It’s not a save file issue is it?  I know Repentance was released for it a while back, it’s not like some incompatibility issue? 

12 hours ago, Eternal21 said:

Did you just delete the game, or did you also make sure to delete saved data?

No I had it on the 4 for a while, it was just recently I wanted to go back to it.  I don’t want to delete the save cause I don’t want to go through the trouble of unlocking everything all over again.  XP

I don’t think it could be that.  I hope.

My guess is, it's corrupted save file, which is why the game crashes.  You can test it by backing up the saves to USB, so you don't lose them, then wipe them off your Playstation (and off PS+ backup if you have one), then try to start the game.

Edited by Eternal21

• 1 year later...
On 1/4/2022 at 8:54 PM, RuinousOne25 said:

So I have no idea why it’s like this, but recently I wanted to play this game again on the PS4.  When I put the disc in the system and updated the game, I start it up and the game crashes on the loading screen, this happened multiple times and I have no idea what to do.  I deleted the game and reinstalled it onto my PS4 but it still didn’t work, still the same crashing issue.  So is there something wrong?  It’s not a save file issue is it?  I know Repentance was released for it a while back, it’s not like some incompatibility issue? 

Hi, same thing keeps happening to me. Did you ever figure out what the problem was?