Game constantly crashing/corrupt save on PS5

PJs_Banana

Has anyone else had issues with this game failing to load after playing it or failing to load from one level to another? The only way that I've been able to fix it is by deleting my save file. But I can't seem to get through all the levels without it having this issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah I keep getting a black screen, I think you'll need to clear the main game and start "+mode" in one go. If you know what you are doing and are skilled at the game, think its about an hour. The problem is the ability to do so isn't always easy.

Right now this is a gamble if you have to restart the whole game which might be 30-60 minutes lost. I don't think this game is terribly hard though, I would assume a couple hours for the plat. I am trying to get it while constantly corrupting lol

My guess is it will never be fixed as this is still a problem, so choose wisely if you buy.

EDIT: I was able to find a way to get the data back even if you crash. I am not 100% sure if this works without first uploading the saved data to the cloud, but it might.

This is on PS5

1. Upload data to cloud

2. Load game, black screen, therefore corrupt

3. Go to saved data management in settings

4. Go to PS4 Saved data (It is a PS4 game)

5. Find the data

6. Press the icon with the pencil and and lines, this will show you components of your saved data

7. Select the main data (higher file size) but LEAVE the autosave

8. Load game and it should load

This worked for me once as of now, though I am not sure its reliability or if I got lucky or whatever...

Edited by Pronaxic
Found Something

• 1 year later...

It's constantly freezing for me on PS5. But also, not sure if I just suck or it's another PS5 issue, but when are you supposed to press :cross:? No matter if I press slightly before the circle, on the circle, or slightly after, it only counts it 50% of the time. As a result I can't get even get past the first song (barely got through the tutorial even).

Guess I'll have to pull out the PS4 to see if that resolves either of these issues.

The input issue is also a PS5 issue. You need to be pretty much frame perfect on PS5 but on PS4 it's really forgiving.

Edited by Milktastrophe