Ubi's inaccurate shutdown listing

sn4pper92

4 minutes ago, sn4pper92 said:

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/article/multiplayer-and-online-services-availability-in-ubisoft-games/000064576

Just found this on Ubisofts website.

The servers are still online at the moment. 

I am not sure how long they will remain online. 

Ubi's whole forums did a revamp recently and they lost the original, accurate data for their announced shutdowns and decided to keep this completely inaccurate and misleading article people keep "discovering" and reposting. This is not foreshadowing an imminent shutdown, this is revealing incompetence.

This link is already being discussed in several other Ubi title threads here.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Ubi's whole forums did a revamp recently and they lost the original, accurate data for their announced shutdowns and decided to keep this completely inaccurate and misleading article people keep "discovering" and reposting. This is not foreshadowing an imminent shutdown, this is revealing incompetence.

This link is already being discussed in several other Ubi title threads here.

Thanks for sharing this.

This was the first game where i am affected by this list. As far as i know Ubisoft announces a deadline some month before closing servers.

But is thinks its definitely time for cleaning up this game^^

13 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Far Cry 2 is still offline. Don't know if the servers will ever be back up.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is up and working. Same with Rayman Legends.

Far Cry 2 was announced. So i think this one will be down forever. AC Brotherhood and Rayman have not been announced yet, although they are on this list. 

So let us hope Ubisoft will behave like before and announce its shutdowns about 2 month before. 

Edited by sn4pper92

6 minutes ago, sn4pper92 said:

Far Cry 2 was announced. So i think this one will be down forever. AC Brotherhood and Rayman have not been announced yet, although they are on this list. 

So let us hope Ubisoft will behave like before and announce its shutdowns about 2 month before. 

Far Cry 2 wasn't announced. It went down when all the other Ubisoft games went down several months ago. Many took 2-3 days to come up, FC2 for Xbox eventually came back up and Ubi announced all FC2 was back up, but FC2 PS3 never came back up. Some Ubi support have forwarded tickets to the engineers that it was announced it was brought back up, but has not been restored.