Please do not skip this game

Trumpet_Boi_208

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Ok, so I'm currently suffering through this game for the platinum.

The game starts out fun, Squid is genuinely funny and has lots of lines reacting to your actions and where you die, but dude, there are 61 levels that you have to complete (twice!) and the game wears very thin after 5,000 deaths. 

Like, it was funny at first that a totally random spike pops up right where I'm about to land or a mine suddenly appears where I need to jump, but when you have absolutely no chance to succeed because the game just spawns traps in the only place you can go, it gets pretty old pretty fast. The game devolves into dying thirty or forty times per level just trying to figure out a semi-secure path, only for random shit to mess up a run repeatedly. There is skill involved, precision platforming is key, but luck plays WAY too big a role. Completing a level is more a relief than an accomplishment. If the platinum only required getting the Easy levels done and one water drop per level, I'd be much happier. Having to complete all 61 levels twice is made unfun by the blatant unfairness of the game. 

So be aware before you start. It starts out fun but getting the platinum is decidedly NOT fun.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Ok, so I'm currently suffering through this game for the platinum.

The game starts out fun, Squid is genuinely funny and has lots of lines reacting to your actions and where you die, but dude, there are 61 levels that you have to complete (twice!) and the game wears very thin after 5,000 deaths. 

Like, it was funny at first that a totally random spike pops up right where I'm about to land or a mine suddenly appears where I need to jump, but when you have absolutely no chance to succeed because the game just spawns traps in the only place you can go, it gets pretty old pretty fast. The game devolves into dying thirty or forty times per level just trying to figure out a semi-secure path, only for random shit to mess up a run repeatedly. There is skill involved, precision platforming is key, but luck plays WAY too big a role. Completing a level is more a relief than an accomplishment. If the platinum only required getting the Easy levels done and one water drop per level, I'd be much happier. Having to complete all 61 levels twice is made unfun by the blatant unfairness of the game. 

So be aware before you start. It starts out fun but getting the platinum is decidedly NOT fun.

Saw this was currently 60% off and seriously considered taking the plunge, but that sounds like a headache. What would you estimate total platinum time to be? 

Just now, Sukwendo said:

Saw this was currently 60% off and seriously considered taking the plunge, but that sounds like a headache. What would you estimate total platinum time to be? 

Shit, I've been playing since May 8th, I'm over 20 hours in-game time so far. I still have 90% of the water drop levels and then the relatively easy speed run and no death run.

Also, be warned, you get a trophy immediately upon starting the game, so play on an alt account if you want to test it out. 

I'm glad someone saw this post as the last post before mine was two years ago, haha

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Shit, I've been playing since May 8th, I'm over 20 hours in-game time so far. I still have 90% of the water drop levels and then the relatively easy speed run and no death run.

Also, be warned, you get a trophy immediately upon starting the game, so play on an alt account if you want to test it out. 

I'm glad someone saw this post as the last post before mine was two years ago, haha

I think I'll pass, haha. Don't really want a headache right now. Thanks for the PSA!

2 minutes ago, Sukwendo said:

I think I'll pass, haha. Don't really want a headache right now. Thanks for the PSA!

Any time I can save a headache is a good day! 

But like I said, the game is fun on Super Easy, but getting the platinum requires Super Hard which is not fun, unfortunately.