My PSVR screen has constant green static and flickering

Sendai-Horatio

This just started today and the device had no serious falls or drops happen to it. But in my attempts to remedy it, I've straightened out the cords and made sure the connections were very tight to everything. It's a version 1 model with the white power and volume bar on the cord. I mean it's better than it was earlier where it was nothing but a black screen, but there appears to be no torn or chewed cords or anything that's visibly broken.

So if I send it back to sony to get fixed how long a wait time am I looking at and how much would it possibly cost?

• Like 1

Couldn't tell you how long a wait time or cost but you're probably looking at a broken data line inside the cable itself. PSVR are notorious for breaking at those high stress points like the volume bar or where the cable enters the headset.

Still reach out to Sony and see if they can repair/replace and if they quote you a stupid price for the repair you're probably better off picking up another headset 2nd hand and sell the broken unit for parts on eBay.

11 hours ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

This just started today and the device had no serious falls or drops happen to it. But in my attempts to remedy it, I've straightened out the cords and made sure the connections were very tight to everything. It's a version 1 model with the white power and volume bar on the cord. I mean it's better than it was earlier where it was nothing but a black screen, but there appears to be no torn or chewed cords or anything that's visibly broken.

So if I send it back to sony to get fixed how long a wait time am I looking at and how much would it possibly cost?

I tried looking for a replacement from Sony when mine was acting up and IIRC it was like 100 USD.