Seems like "Collector of Useless Things" trophy is glitched

tony_snake_24

There's not many owners for this game, and there's a few trophies at 0.00% due to that in some of the stacks, but the one trophy that's 0.00% across all 4 stacks is "Collector of Useless Things".

It could be that it's a grindy trophy, but there are several people sitting at 98% missing the very same bronze trophy. Does anyone know something else? The devs are Infamous Quests and the publishers are Phoenix Online Studios and Ratalaika Games. Maybe they're not aware, we could try contacting them, if it's actually glitched.

13 hours ago, Jimmy947 said:

I have yet to play the game but the solution to that particular trophy doesn’t sound grindy according to this:

https://discover.hubpages.com/games-hobbies/Quest-for-Infamy-Walkthrough-Achievements

If getting 1000 bly isn't grindy, then it looks to be glitched. Or else why do people all miss the same trophy?

8 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

If getting 1000 bly isn't grindy, then it looks to be glitched. Or else why do people all miss the same trophy?

I can only assume at this stage that it is glitched. I will try and go for it when I start the game though. I wish I could find a good guide online. The one I linked above is for the PC version which has more achievements and doesn’t really give an idea of the order that you complete them in or if any are missable…

11 hours ago, Jimmy947 said:

I can only assume at this stage that it is glitched. I will try and go for it when I start the game though. I wish I could find a good guide online. The one I linked above is for the PC version which has more achievements and doesn’t really give an idea of the order that you complete them in or if any are missable…

Yeah, it sucks when there's no guides for a game, or proper guides since like you said the trophies are different to those achievements. Please let us know if you find anything when you get to this game.

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/05/2022 at 8:04 PM, tony_snake_24 said:

Yeah, it sucks when there's no guides for a game, or proper guides since like you said the trophies are different to those achievements. Please let us know if you find anything when you get to this game.

It’s still glitched as of today. I bought both items required and nothing popped. Sadly I doubt this will ever be patched either…

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jimmy947 said:

It’s still glitched as of today. I bought both items required and nothing popped. Sadly I doubt this will ever be patched either…

That's a shame, and it may in fact never be patched, but we could try contacting the devs. There has to be a way to reach them, then it might get fixed... if they care.

Okay, so this evening another trophy has glitched for me (although others appear to have unlocked this one). The trophy is “You Look Like A Dwarf” for collecting the treasures in the mine. I followed this guide and collected all 6 but the trophy never popped https://levelskip.com/action-adventure/Quest-for-Infamy-Walkthrough-The-Dwarven-Mines

Does anyone else have any info on this? I even went to those six marked spots again to double check but I had definitely collected everything ? I’m playing as Brigand but I doubt that should matter? I managed to complete the Necromancer quest fine and unlock the relevant trophies for that.

Thanks for any help!

edit @Wappuli, I notice you have this one! Do you remember how you got it? I’ve walked around the mines about 10 times now literally clicking on EVERYTHING and it just will not pop! 

Edited by Jimmy947

Sorry, can't remember much, but I was in a similar situation that I though I had checked every place and had to wander parts of the mine again clicking on everything before finding what I missed.

And since it was brought up, in the official forums on a topic for some other console issue, the devs pointed out that they don't do tech support for the console version. Ratalaika Games did the porting so they are the one to contact if you hope for this or any other issue to be fixed.

https://www.ratalaikagames.com/contact.php

• Like 2

PS4 version got a patch today and the trophy is now obtainable, and looks like PS5 version got the patch earlier in the week too.

Ratalaika Games mentioned on Twitter that the trophy should unlock when you load a save with the items, but atleast for me it didn't and I had to instead buy them again using some older save without the items.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wappuli said:

PS4 version got a patch today and the trophy is now obtainable, and looks like PS5 version got the patch earlier in the week too.

Ratalaika Games mentioned on Twitter that the trophy should unlock when you load a save with the items, but atleast for me it didn't and I had to instead buy them again using some older save without the items.

Great news! 

On 30/06/2022 at 0:31 AM, Wappuli said:

Thanks for the update, that’s great news! Unfortunately I think I’ll still end up without the platinum though due to that dreaded mine trophy! I swear I’ve clicked on every stash and contained and everything else in the mines but it just won’t pop for me. I might try doing it as a different class like the sorcerer.

Okay, so I FINALLY managed to get the ‘You Look Like A Dwarf’ trophy (and the platinum!).

It turns out the trophy for looting the stashes and containers in the mine can only be unlocked if you’re playing as SORCERER. I just thought I’d point that out here in case anyone else gets stuck for hours trying to unlock it as a Brigand like I did…

• Like 2