Favorite and Least Favorite Games on Your Trophy List

Favorite: 

Stardew Valley. I don't consider any game fully perfect, but to me a 10/10 is near-perfect. Stardew fits that score. It's very open-ended for a relatively small game, and there's so much to do. I played it on Switch about 2 years before I ever got it on PS4. I even bought it digitally later to have the Vita version (I have a physical PS4 copy). Stardew Valley is worth trying for just about anyone. Odds are, you'll at least like it. I don't think I'll ever get the plat. Even with some toning down of one of the minigames, it's still probably a 6-7/10 difficulty. 

Honorable mention:

There are several I would like to say. It's pretty tough. I suppose I'll pick Marvel's Spider-Man. It was probably 25-30% of the reason I wanted a PS4. It was my first platinum, and I just think it's amazing. It's a pretty acclaimed game, but I think it's even better than most say. I loved the swinging, combat, characters, story, Manhattan, pretty much everything. 

Least Favorite:

Little Adventure on the Prairie. A steaming pile of garbage. I don't why I got this one. Even when I got it on sale, even for an easy plat...just no. Avoid both the PS4 and Vita releases (not cross-buy, btw). Avoid, avoid. There are better-made, easier quick plats/completions than this.

Dishonorable mention:

Popeye. Whereas Prairie is a pretty cheap pile of garbage, Popeye is expensive. It's $12.99 for very little content (even the few times it's gone down to $3.89 isn't worth it). You don't even get a plat with this one. But more important than the trophies, it sucks so bad. I love Popeye, but this is just so boring. There's virtually nothing of value at all here. Maybe powering up with the spinach for the first time and hitting Bluto once is cool. But that's it. 

Favorite:

Final Fantasy X. this was one of the first games i ever played as well as my first final fantasy. it is one of my top 5 favorite games ever and it made a great impact on myself in real life. i loved the sphere grid system(and since i have the platinum yes i did max out all characters sphere grids and it was long lol). the characters were iconic and i loved tidus and yuna romance i honestly couldn't tell you how many times i played this game growing up i was that obsessed with it. i always would say to friends that this game and kingdom hearts spurred my love for jrpgs in general and that continues to this day and that is why it sticks with me so much.

Least Favorite:

this is easily hakuouki. My first platinum and the biggest regret i have since i started trophy hunting. needless to say i didn't pay attention to the game and sped through the entire thing not paying attention to any dialogue. being a straight guy i had no interest in the romance aspect of it and don't remember anything about the characters in the game. i really wished my first plat was something memorable like kingdom hearts(which was the first game i ever played) but it wasn't (kh3 was my second plat though and kh dream drop distance my first trophy ever so that is good at least). this is also probably why it is my least favorite or at least contributed to it at least.

• Like 2

Favorite: Fall Guys. It's my favourite game and I play it almost every day, despite having achieved the Platinum over one year ago.

Least favourite: Vampyr. Terrible game that completely fucked up my expectations, with multiple crashes and freezer per session, as well as minutes long loading times.

My favorite is probably Frostpunk.

I love challenging strategy games with a passion. The dark moral choices that affect your people raise the stakes, especially on the hardest difficulty runs where you can't save everyone. Makes overcoming those challenges feel like an actual accomplishment.

My least favorite (and probably one that I hate) is Far Cry 5.

Grabbed it when I first migrated to PSN and a buddy wanted something to coop with. Textbook example of an empty open world, with no actual sense of urgency or stakes. Gameplay loop was boring with every encounter being tackled in the exact same way, enemies just stood around wanting to get picked off.