Why should I go for the upgrades on later playthroughs?

Hey guys, got a question again. I've checked several guides (both here and on different sites) and they all directly or indirectly suggest to not get the armor, gauntlet and rush upgrades at a later playthrough. My question is why? I understand that they don't carry over to a from a previous playthrough but if I can clean up one playthrough without having those things anyways, why not getting all those things out of the way in the first playthrough and finish the later playthroughs quicker? I'm asking because if it's fine to get everything during the first playthrough, then I'd like to do that.

because you need to have all those upgrades along with all the batsuit pieces for The Collector and you need multiple playthroughs to get all the batsuit pieces so since the upgrades don't carry over you would just need to get all the armor, rush, and gauntlet upgrades again during your final playthrough for the trophy.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jmartinez8089 said:

because you need to have all those upgrades along with all the batsuit pieces for The Collector and you need multiple playthroughs to get all the batsuit pieces so since the upgrades don't carry over you would just need to get all the armor, rush, and gauntlet upgrades again during your final playthrough for the trophy.

Well that certainly explains it. Will adapt my playstile to complement this. Thank you very much, This truly helps a lot as I was really considering to do everything in the first playthrough.

I personally got all Detective Clues and upgrades on my first playthrough, but the biggest benefit is to get the Blackest Night outfit on your first playthrough. You can almost never die with it on, which makes subsequent playthroughs a breeze. Doing the Detective Clues on your first playthrough also allows you not to worry about them moving forward, and gives you a good understanding of the maps. Additionally, this will mean that the remaining secrets (shown on the map selection screen) in each section of the prison are related to the armor/gauntlet upgrades that you will need to get on your final playthrough.

That's just my input at least!

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. That's pretty much the way how I will be handling things.

Still a very confusing and annoying progression system. Especially with the less than unhelpful map. I never understood how people can get lost and not find their way back from a direction they just came from. Then I played this game and could finally grasp this concept. It's something I could have done without tbh.?

• Like 1