Killing my Backlog Slowly

Next Story completed: 

La742cc.png

What a great game as I make my way through my backlog. I have had this game for ages. I knew it was well received, even for a semi common completion. I can see why after playing it. The premise is simple enough, the pair of brothers need to go up the mountain to get a mystical water to cure their father. It has a very fairy tale vibe to it with strange creatures, encounters with wolves and lots more. Which would make sense since it looks like it supposed to be pre-dark ages Germany. It is a puzzle platformer where you control each brother moving both at once, each one on a separate thumb stick. This is where the challenge is, trying to move both characters is using different parts of the brain at the same time. Sometimes the wires get crossed, the wrong brothers moves or lets go of a platform, which means you fall to your death. The hardest for me was a chase near the end as I would get stuck around objects you do not have enough reaction time to get your brain to get the right one moving in the right direction. It is all not platofrming though, and not one type is overused. There is a hand glider which was a fun mechanic, and some great sections like the land of giants.

Spoilers ahead on my thoughts on certain sections. 

Spoiler

Now the giants are all dressed in Roman attire and are all dead. So I began thinking, are they really seeing giants or are they walking across a battlefield and Romans were so intimidating that they were as unbeatable as a giant. I was also trying to figure out the sacrifice of the woman. now at first I though they were pagans, getting rid of a Christian since it looks like on a cross she is on. With what happens later on in the game, now I think they were burning the witch. The brothers though free her not knowing and the older fall under her spell. I do like though that in the end the younger can lean on his brothers strength to get over his old fears

I will say that the game is another lately where the end is not what you expect. That is twice now in a few weeks I have had that type of game. No more meloncholoy, which is why I moved on to Jak and Daxter. A replay for me, since I beat it for PS2 but it has been too long. I did also start up my first Atelier game, Sophie 2. I will make some progress on it soon too. 

• Like 1