Plat transfer to main account question.

Azure Kite

My apologies if this has been asked before... And I'm sure it has, but I'm just unsure what to search for. 

I'm interested in trying to plat a few 9-10 difficulty ps3 games from my backlog. 

My issue is this account I intend to keep 100% so don't want to start a game on it and then not being able to plat it. 

I remember reading somewhere ages ago that you can play a game on the ps3 without an account and then simply add your psn account afterwards and that games trophies will get added to your account? 

Is this true, is it considered legit and if so what are the steps in order to do it? 

Thanks. 

I’ve actually never done this before, so I can’t 100% confirm this, but planning to do the same with Devil May Cry 5 on PS5 so I researched a bit.

As I understand, make a new user on your PS, skip the PSN login. When you are ready to synch your trophies, delete the user of your main account (make a backup of saves etc) and log in with your PSN account on your blank user, and all trophies will assimilate.

May be best that someone confirms this, and if it is the same for PS3, PS4 and PS5.

Edited by WhisperingDusk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, WhisperingDusk said:

I’ve actually never done this before, so I can’t 100% confirm this, but planning to do the same with Devil May Cry 5 on PS5 so I researched a bit.

As I understand, make a new user on your PS, skip the PSN login. When you are ready to synch your trophies, delete the user of your main account (make a backup of saves etc) and log in with your PSN account on your blank user, and all trophies will assimilate.

May be best that someone confirms this, and if it is the same for PS3, PS4 and PS5.

Yeah that's a much better description of what I was referring to.

I didn't understand the concept fully so wasn't sure how to word it. 

Thankyou for that. 

I would assume doing it this way isn't against the leaderboards rules? 

I would also assume the trophy time stamps would remain intact as they were unlocked? 

Edited by AIDA_Tri-Edge

4 minutes ago, AIDA_Tri-Edge said:

Yeah that's a much better description of what I was referring to.

I didn't understand the concept fully so wasn't sure how to word it. 

Thankyou for that. 

I would also assume the trophy time stamps would remain intact as they were unlocked? 

I never play games on my main account...you are safe :)

Create a new user on the ps3

Skip the psn account setup step 

Play the game and beat it

Sign in to your account on the new user you created and sync. 

If you fail to beat it, don't sign in or sync. You can delete the user on your ps3  .

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, AIDA_Tri-Edge said:

Certainly not against the rules. Since some people can only play offline and synch much later. And yes, the time stamps remain intact.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Connie said:

Create a new user on the ps3

Skip the psn account setup step 

Play the game and beat it

Sign in to your account on the new user you created and sync. 

If you fail to beat it, don't sign in or sync. You can delete the user on your ps3  .

Perfect, this is exactly what I was thinking. 

Really wanna play and plat Vanquish, but I'm a little worried about the challenge trophies.