Anyone else had this crash then cause the fan to stop spinning?

GUDGER666

So a while ago i started this and it crashed on start up, when i started it back up my PS3 (Super Slim) said it's overheating and shut down. I took it apart and replaced the thermal paste, and all was fine so thought that's all it needed, but i didn't play this game again. 

I then started this a few months ago, exact same thing happened, but this time i noticed when i restarted my PS3 after the crash the fan wasn't spinning, after a few seconds i got the too hot message. Restarted again, all was fine and i fully played the game with no issues. 

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else as my friend just started this and it has also happened to him. This is the UK Digital version on a fresh start. A very weird issue. 

Edited by GUDGER666

I’m trying to remember, either I used the PS Now version (to get the Multiplayer trophy without needing to purchase the online pass) and the game would crash, which I thought was odd as it was a digitally streamed game and figured that software wise it’d be fine. OR my physical disc kept crashing and I could only play it through PS Now.

Sadly I cannot remember which, but I do remember nonstop crashes playing it via one of the ways.