"Like the Old Days!" Question

So I know that there's some trophies that you can unlock just by joining a random multiplayer lobby at the right moment, like joining right at the end of the last level, but does anybody know if it works with this one too? I've selected the "gnarly" difficulty when going into arcade and then I've joined random lobbies that have started in the 12th or 13th level and played it out until the end but no trophy popped for beating arcade on the hardest difficulty. I'm wondering if you have to play every single level for it to register? I just wanted to see if anybody else had any luck with this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ReoJee said:

Selecting gnarly in arcade does not guarantee that you will join hardest difficulty in multiplayer. You can check it by checking lives (should be 3) and how big damage is when someone is hit.

Ah okay, that makes sense then. So when joining, every person will have no more than 3?

21 hours ago, ReoJee said:

Yes :) But as i remember normal difficulty also has 3, so you have to check how much damage everyone gets. On gnarly you go down in a few hits.

Damage is the only surefire way to know if you're on the right difficulty.  Normal footsoldiers will take two ticks off your bar instead of one, and harder hitting enemies it's usually four ticks.  If everyone is taking massive damage when they get hit then you're in the right lobby. 

Joining at 12 or really early into 13 is the cut off point for the trophy in most cases.  Some have claimed to have joined on the last level and got it, but that never worked for me.  I had to go through it from episode 1 with a friend and randoms to get it. 

Finding Gnarly games that are episode 12 and up can be pretty hard to do.  But if you die out don't exit the lobby.  As long as they don't kick you you'll get the trophy at the end.  

• Like 1