Platinum with missing timestamps, anything I can do?

HankValentine

Hi, 

Just finally platinumed race the sun on vita, I turned network off and manually changed the date the play/try different lands, but now that I have the trophy is says 'missing time stamps'. 
Is there anything I can do to fix that or am I just screwed in that regard? 
Just for context, I'd unplug my ps tv, plug it back in and I had network turned off, the date would be back in 2015 asking me to 'set date manually'. I'd just ignore it and play on the 1st of jan 2015. 
However, as I played race the sun, it'd keep giving me the same race/land day default, but I if manually changed the date, it'd give me a new land. 
So I just kept changing the dates manually, trying out new lands until I found one relatively easy and I stuck with that. For anybody stuck on the game 3/1/2015 is easier than most. 
But now I have a missing time stamp lol, anything I can do? 

Edit: The lack of timestamp has totally destroyed my platinum milestones too. So I'll just hide if there's no fix as that's quite upsetting lmao. 

Edited by HankValentine

Normally the system has an internal date and time, separate from the one displayed, that it uses for trophy timestamps. It sounds like the unplugging method you were using caused that internal clock to be reset, which I didn't realize was possible without reformatting the device. I don't own a PSTV to check, only a normal Vita: is there any reason you did things that way rather than changing the date and time in the system settings?

If you hadn't synced the trophy yet I'd suggest reformatting to delete your local trophy data, then re-earning the plat after having connected to the network to get that internal clock synced back up. At this point, I don't think there's anything you can do without getting removed from the leaderboards.

12 minutes ago, HankValentine said:

Just for context, I'd unplug my ps tv, plug it back in and I had network turned off, the date would be back in 2015 asking me to 'set date manually'. I'd just ignore it and play on the 1st of jan 2015. 

Nope. Once you did this, the PS TV has no internal battery to keep the internal clock in sync with PSN. Unplugging a PS TV will always mean Missing Timestamps if you don't sync with PSN before earning trophies.

1 minute ago, Xylobe said:

If you hadn't synced the trophy yet I'd suggest reformatting to delete your local trophy data, then re-earning the plat after having connected to the network to get that internal clock synced back up. At this point, I don't think there's anything you can do without getting removed from the leaderboards.

It's already synced, you can see it on this site on their profile. What do you mean getting removed from the leaderboards? This wouldn't get anyone removed from the leaderboards.

Just now, DaivRules said:

Nope. Once you did this, the PS TV has no internal battery to keep the internal clock in sync with PSN. Unplugging a PS TV will always mean Missing Timestamps if you don't sync with PSN before earning trophies.

Oof. That's unlucky and unfortunate, God damn. Well, as I said it's messed up my milestones which I put a lot of work into, so I'll be hiding it. I should've researched it first, checking for an internal battery, I just assumed it had one. I've never felt so happy to achieve a platinum to then have it all ripped away just minutes later. 

3 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

Normally the system has an internal date and time, separate from the one displayed, that it uses for trophy timestamps. It sounds like the unplugging method you were using caused that internal clock to be reset, which I didn't realize was possible without reformatting the device. I don't own a PSTV to check, only a normal Vita: is there any reason you did things that way rather than changing the date and time in the system settings?

Thanks for you reply, it would be appear that I am screwed. :( 

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

It's already synced, you can see it on this site on their profile. What do you mean getting removed from the leaderboards? This wouldn't get anyone removed from the leaderboards.

Sorry, I may not have phrased it clearly-- that was what I would suggest if they hadn't synced yet. When I said "getting removed from the leaderboards," I was implicitly referring to using any other method to try and change their timestamps.

2 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

When I said "getting removed from the leaderboards," I was implicitly referring to using any other method to try and change their timestamps

I see. Well, there hasn't been any possible way, even with things that would get people removed from the leaderboards, to change synced Missing Timestamps. Only possible method I can think of is socially engineer your way into Sony's actual database and make direct changes on the data. Not technically against any leaderboard rules... yet.