Starting a New Route LOCKS the previous save file

Flubberwunked

Dang, thanks for the info. I was planning on saving the picnic with Mari as my final trophy so I would definitely have run into this problem if it weren't for your warning. It really makes me wonder if there is any reason to lock a save file like this. It seems like it serves no purpose other than to mess with the player.

Anyways, thank you for your sacrifice in finding this out and hopefully your final playthrough will go smoothly. Good luck!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a chance you saved on slot #5? There is a bug where saving on slot #5 locks it and prevents it from loading and saving on slot #6 deletes the save entirely. Wondering if that's what happened here. 

edit: i just tried this out after i had gotten into the Hikikomori route as was able to load into my normal route save just fine. Not sure if there's another chance the lock will happen later on but I believe it's tied to the bug I mentioned above. 

Edited by ihasmudkips
testing
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

It's a save file bug. I have no clue how it triggers, but after a certain(?) point, the bottom save files become corrupted in which you're unable to load it, and then it auto deletes itself. It started with File #6 for me, but after relaunching the game several times during my trophy hunting, the corruption spread to File #5 and #4 as well.

If anyone else is running into the same issues, I recommend not closing the game at all and relocating all of your important saves at the top of the file list. It's the safest way to ensure you're not fucked over by it.

• Like 1