Cannot find Arcade Classic Game?

Nitro

Hi all,

So I started playing Overwatch and was talking to a friend in the US who said you can use Arcade modes to get trophies. Great, don't have to queue up for 10 minutes to play a dps role.

So I queued for a Arcade Classic game with my US friend and we cannot find a single game. Once I leave however, he immediately gets thrown into a game. Then I queue Arcade Classic solo however, and I STILL can't find a match.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how did you fix it? I would love to plat this game, but I can't see that happening if I am queing for 10+ minutes for a CHANCE of getting a DPS character's trophies.

Any advice?

My Region is Australia.

Edited by Nitro
Added Region

7 hours ago, Nitro said:

Hi all,

So I started playing Overwatch and was talking to a friend in the US who said you can use Arcade modes to get trophies. Great, don't have to queue up for 10 minutes to play a dps role.

So I queued for a Arcade Classic game with my US friend and we cannot find a single game. Once I leave however, he immediately gets thrown into a game. Then I queue Arcade Classic solo however, and I STILL can't find a match.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, how did you fix it? I would love to plat this game, but I can't see that happening if I am queing for 10+ minutes for a CHANCE of getting a DPS character's trophies.

Any advice?

My Region is Australia.

Hey, your friend lied to you. Arcade matches dont count towards the trophy im afraid. I think the arcade playerbase or also more or less dead so yeah. I got a 4k high-noon in arcade and was super upset that the trophy didnt pop.

Just now, PlatinumTrophy said:

Hey, your friend lied to you. Arcade matches dont count towards the trophy im afraid. I think the arcade playerbase or also more or less dead so yeah. I got a 4k high-noon in arcade and was super upset that the trophy didnt pop.

Hey, nah it does count. You have to play arcade classic though, which is what this thread is about.

10 hours ago, Nitro said:

Hey, nah it does count. You have to play arcade classic though, which is what this thread is about.

Can confirm the trophies work, just earned some in a boost. Nothing to be done about the dead servers for the game mode though, but that works in your favour when boosting, wont have randoms joining your game

Do you have crossplay enabled? This is vital for finding matches. I tried playing Playstation pool once and even after half an hour still couldn't find a match. 

Btw, for role queue quickplay you can earn priority tickets by selecting flex role (the one at the far right). You can use these tickets to reduce the queue times for dps. You can have up to 40 tickets. I think a win grants you 5 or 7 tickets and a loss gives you 1 or 2.

On 14/07/2022 at 10:37 AM, Nitro said:

Hi all,

Any advice?

My Region is Australia.

I'm in Australia and after multiple attempts of arcade mode of around 15min waits without a game, I decided to wait it out for one out of curiosity and got a game at 28mins. Hence never again haha.

I've found the quick play times for dps have always been long but tank/support times have increased dramatically recently. I reckon it's because OW2 is coming out and people are wanting to plat the game before then (just my theory).

The only thing I've found to sort of work is that after a 10min dps wait, I close the game and then boot it up again and every now and then I'm thrown into a game almost straight away (haven't tried this with arcade though). Not sure if this is a legit thing, but it makes me feel better haha. In saying that though, it is super annoying doing it that way, so I tend to just wait and do something else until I get a game. I have 230hrs into the game and 114hrs of those are actual game time, so theres A LOT of waiting, but I really want to plat the game (ideally without boosting). 

I just find it hard to believe with all the tech available today, better servers can't be built to accomodate the large volume of players. I'm also always low key suspicious with these types of things that being Australians and so far away that our gaming experience tends to be forgotten about (just another one of my theories haha). 

• Like 1