Taruta13's House of Business

Taruta13

Platinums 1-5

Average Plat Time: 1 month, 6.5 days

Spoiler

1L472e3f.png #1: Dragon Quest Builders

I had to start the list with the original Dragon Quest Builders. I loved this series when it came out, it had a great Elseworlds storyline focused around building stuff. I got a little carried away and got the trophies for placing and destroying 3000 objects before I even activated the quests in Chapter 1 to enable time passage and hunger, I'm that obsessed. xD

The speedruns were a bit challenging and, except for Chapter 4 which has the easiest speedrun challenge(under 30 days, and while you lose a day due to story progression, if you know where the diviner's table is, you can save a lot of time and get to the final boss in under 20 days, giving you plenty of time to knock out two of the challenges, the third is simple, you have to not wear the ultimate armor when fighting the BBG), I didn't do the other challenges until I ended the chapter to get my time, then reloaded my save to do the other challenges and ended the chapter to log those in the record to get the 100% challenge trophies. Having to build reserve weapons since your weapons break easily like in Breath of the Wild is annoying but other than that, the game is fun. I tried to explore Terra Incognita, the free-roam island, but I got killed on Island Four, and that was my only death, even in Chapter 4 with some annoying enemies that inflict tons of status ailments.

1L7e5ecc.png #2: Reverie

This is a Rata game but it is a very nice adventure game similar in vein to various Legend of Zelda 2D games like Link to the Past which graphics reminiscent of Earthbound. It's a vacation story where the hero has to settle restless spirits of four brothers who died after one of them fished up the island you are on. There are five main dungeons with five bosses and mini-bosses and a bonus dungeon which is very brutal if you aren't careful. The hardest trophies I had to get were from getting a high score on the arcade game(which is a top-down shooter where you have to dodge asteroids and shoot ships to get 10,000 points) and the hockey game with the sentient microwave. Yeah, this game is weird. :P

This is the Playstation 4 version.

1L10438f.png#3: Cat Quest

This game is a cute open-world RPG. Yes, an open-world RPG, so you can go to high-level areas to access towns there... but you'll die if you try the enemies there right away. The game has quest markers to lead you to your objectives so the story quests aren't difficult, and there are tons of side-quests you can do to get armor and weapons to boost your stats. However there are three ultimate items that give you huge stat boosts. The catch? They are in dungeons filled with insanely dangerous enemies. The story is very short, you just have to find and kill three dragons and then you are at the endgame, though you have to do quests to get the ability to walk on water and fly to speed up travel and access two of the dragons.

The most annoying trophies are those requiring you to do a lot of grinding - grind to max level, do 65 of the 72 side-quests... and then you have to do all the side-quests to get 210 pieces of armor and weapons. But the music, the graphics and humor are great, and the creators even self-inserted themselves as cat-people(yes, everyone in this game is a cat-person). The Gentlebros are a great game company.

1Lbfee73.png #4: Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

This is the fifth iteration of the Monster Boy series. If anyone here remembers the old SNES game Adventure Island, that was actually a localization of Wonder Boy, the first game in the series, which had its name change so many times it's crazy. Characters from the previous games make an appearance here in this huge Metroidvania adventure which gives you the power to swap forms to get access to new areas. The music and looks are awesome and I would highly recommend this game, which I learned about because of a speedrunner called tinahacks, who sped through the unpatched Switch version of this game. :)

1L5561f7.png #5: Shantae and the Seven Sirens

I love Shantae. I had platinumed this game on older accounts, but they added two DLC trophies based on the Superstar DLC, which has five modes - the regular mode, called Legacy Mode, and two modes involving the monster card mechanic as well as two difficulty modes. The trophies for the DLC give you a choice of mode, so I played the Rule Breaker Mode for my first playthrough(which lets you equip all of the cards at once instead of just three) and did the 4.5 hour speedrun in Beginner Mode, which gives Shantae a boost in defense and attack, making the game a lot faster to get through since I did Squid Savior(100% Heart Squids but has to be a three-heart run so you can't upgrade your health) on that run too.

While this series is notorious for forcing you to do 100% speedruns(with slower estimates than what a GDQ runner would clock), these new modes made it a little easier. As I said, I got the platinum for this game on multiple accounts before the DLC so it's not that difficult. The only tough trophy was the one which requires you to get a perfect score in the dancing shooting gallery mini-game as you need to do it twice as you get a Heart Squid and you need all the heart squids to get 100%.

Also, I have platinumed Half-Genie Hero on other accounts, not doing that one here due to the DLC added to it.

Platinums 6-10

Average Plat Time: 3 weeks, 4.5 days

Spoiler

1L891f42.png1L3f1abf.png1Lbc8c9f.png
#6-8: The Spyro Reignited Trilogy

Not going to put the titles of all three games as I did these three games back to back.

Toys for Bob did a wonderful job updating the three games that were fun despite being polygonal messes While I will miss toothless Hunter and Bentley, I love the work they did with the cutscenes, which I did watch once. Sadly, I will never 100% Spyro 3 as I hate the skateboard challenges. Luckily, only the first two games require 100%, even though speedrunners have found a way to glitch through the gate in Dragon Shores to get the superflame without 100%. I'm not good at clipping through walls. :(

I also like how they gave Sheila hair. The original Sheila looked like a bald male kangaroo even though I know only female kangaroos are the only ones with pouches. :|

1Lae8e3c.png
(9) Reverie

Don't be fooled. This is the Vita version. After putting my Vita on ice for months due to accidentally earning trophies in a game I didn't like on my old account, I formatted it and synced it to my current account so now I can start fresh, which is good as I can stack Vita games on this! ^_^

Of course, I had to re-purchase the games on my new account since the games I earned the plat on were on an ancient account and cross-buy doesn't work if the Vita isn't on that account, but this game wasn't too expensive and it was nice gaming on the go again. (Yes, I have tons of handhelds for Pokemon games but I am taking a break from that until Scarlet and Violet decide to rear their ugly heads. :()

I am not going to give reviews as these stacks are the same game with a second trophy list so go read the original reviews if you want to know more.

1L3bd131.png
(10) Dragon Quest Builders 2

This is my go-to game for the breaks between 5-packs as I am working on making a Dragon Quest version of West Thanalan from FFXIV completing with the Waking Sands. ^_^

This sequel to the original focuses on Dragon Warrior II lore a lot just like the original had names from the original Dragon Warrior. This time you sail to various islands to find people to join you on your home island, the Isle of Awakening, and help restore it to glory. I love the characters and the stories and all the Dragon Warrior II references. I am hoping they create a Dragon Quest Builders 3 which includes the Archfiend Baramos and has the slappin' battle music from Dragon Warrior III which is my favorite NES Dragon Warrior game. :D

And I am still building on my save even after the platinum is earned. I will keep playing this game off and on until Dragon Quest Builders 3 is announced. :)

Oh yeah, bad things. There is text that you cannot mash through and it hangs for a minute. It's annoying and they should patch it. Also, Rare Breeder is the most time-consuming trophy.

EDIT: My favorite BGM in this game comes from the point where the monsters of Malhalla start building the Ark and this jumpy song comes on... and I discovered where that song came from - it's from Dragon Quest VII, it's the BGM for the Likeness of the Great Evil in the Dune/Al-Babid region! :o

Edited by Taruta13

Platinums 11-15

Average Plat Time: 1 week, 2.5 days

Spoiler

1L78e2ce.png
(11) Ratchet and Clank

NOTE: If I ever decided to be bally and stream the HD remakes of the original Ratchet and Clank trilogy, I will call the first game Ratchet and Clank 1 to distinguish it.

This was a game version of the movie remake of the original Ratchet and Clank 1 and it takes a few liberties(like adding Dr. Nefarious to the cast before he was turned into a robot and destroying Novalis) but it was a really great playthrough. There is a lot of grinding you have to do but there is a trick to respawn enemies in Rilgar to farm them for EXP. The hoverboard race time trials are not my thing but at least you can redo them if you come up short and you get a lot of cash for them and you'll need it to get all the weapons, including the Sheepinator.

If you love Ratchet and Clank, you should have played this game. ^_^

1L39b52e.png
(12) Cat Quest II

A lot harder than the first Cat Quest but you have an invincible meat shield buddy if you play it solo. It is a co-op game too but expect to game over a lot more than you did in the original Cat Quest, as there are several REALLY nasty boss fights that can one-shot you including a final arena with 20 waves of the toughest enemies. (Well 15 waves of tough enemies and five waves of meat grinders which drop a lot of money without fighting back. xD)

This time dog-people are in the game as you explore the Lupus Empire, the kingdom of dog-people. I'm not a dog person but I appreciate the whole plot twist at the end. ^_^

1L0495c6.png
(13) Nexomon

After reading @Cassylvania's review of this game, I had to try it out as I wanted to get a Pokemon fix. It's a great monster-taming game, mind you, but don't expect it to be as easy as Pokemon. This game won't pull punches, making you fight Nexomon(the Pokemon counterparts) which are legendary and have over 2000 HP wihile you die in two hits. Also, you don't get much of a choice in Nexotrapping - either the normal trap which you have to use to avoid wasting the Golden Nexotraps that guarantee a catch, and you want to save those for the Legendary Nexomon mentioned earlier. Also, the last legendary set is given to you if you clear a bunch of trainer fights... but the game won't register them until you quit and reload the game, which is super-annoying! Still, the battle music slaps and the post-game is very substantial.

I know that Cassylvania hates this game, but I don't mind it as I am a Pokemon fan so I knew how mechanics worked. I even bought it for the Switch... and deleted it after realizing how inferior it is to Pokemon. It can't compete on the Switch so the Playstation versions get more attention. :P

1Ld8a21f.png
(14) Evoland: Legendary Edition

Tihs is a compilation of the two Evoland titles that were released a while back ported to the Playstation 4 and Evoland 2 doesn't require you to fight the final boss, but I did it the first time I played that game as I felt it was wrong not to fight the final boss at least once. Evoland and Evoland 2 are interesting RPGs involving the evolution of RPGs over the years. The first game has you open chests to upgrade your game experience but it's rather short. Evoland 2 is a lot longer and involves time travel to explain why you play in various modes. Play these games, you might enjoy them!

1L04d60a.png

(15) Final Fantasy VII

I was born in 1972(yes, turning 50 this year) and I was already an adult when these game came out on the original PSX. I wasn't impressed by it although Yuffie was my favorite character. I didn't feel sad when someone killed someone else(spoilers, but seriously, this game is over 30 years old, everyone's played it by now :P) and when it came to PS4 as a remake of the PC edition with the three in-game cheats, I passed it by at first due to one trophy requiring you to date a certain person at the Gold Saucer in one point in the game and I never wanted to do that person. When I played the original Cloud dated Tifa, then I had it made so that the second game would have Cloud date Yuffie, and I loved that scene in the... er, anyways...

But I bit my tongue and platinumed this game, and did it again, and again... and it wasn't that hard to date said character for the trophy as I followed a guide from Fuzzfinger Gaming, a Yorkish Youtuber who loves Final Fantasy games. He wrote video series about how to platinum this game and another in the next post, and I really enjoyed his videos. Thanks to him and the in-game cheats, I was able to get through this game. Oh the troubles of playing the original! xD

The game needs no review, especially the PS5 has a really cool modern remake. I'd platinum Intergrade because Yuffie is the star, but... eh, DIFFICULTY trophies. :(

Platinums 16-20

Average Plat Time: 1 week, 5.9 days

Spoiler

1L5e6600.png

(16) Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

Even though this game is amazing in all aspects, it is the EASIEST Ratchet and Clank to platinum. (I did almost think I missed a trophy, but turns out that I was not counting the Blizon Crystals on the second planet, and Dr. Nefarious was kind enough to summon a 5th Grunthor for me to slaughter for that extinction trophy.) It doesn't require you to upgrade to Omega Weapons or anything. You do have to enter Challenge Mode, but only long enough to get to Mrs. Zurkon to buy the only weapon which requires you to enter challenge mode, the Bouncer, which is a shame as everything else can be done on one playthrough, and the easiest difficulty gives you Infinite Health without the cheat, which defeats the purpose of the Gold Bolt cheat for Invincibility. :|

Also, I did not bother to watch the cutscenes in the only two times I played through this which is sad as I have done so at least once for the last Ratchet and Clank game. You can also skip all the Glitch puzzles and it gives you the trophy for solving them all. C'mon, don't be afraid to disable the trophy if they skip the puzzles. I am not afraid of doing a twin-stick shooter now and then. I did do the first Glitch puzzle and Clank puzzle, which involving ferrying Clank clones like the Lemmings game, but giving the option to skip puzzles is a dangerous tool for abuse. As such, I didn't care much about this game. :(

1Lf759a2.png

(17) Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas

I was running drying on games so I gave this a go despite avoiding it due to the fishing trophy. Turns out that even though I lost the Ghost Fish three times, I wasn't angry at that trophy. This is a very interesting parallel to Legend of Zelda Wind Waker where the hero has to locate and destroy the title monster, an ancient weapon of destruction. The music was composed by Nobuo Umaestu, the guy who did FFVII's soundtrack, and it shows. ^_^

1L6aff91.png

(18) Nexomon

This is the PS5 version. Yes, there is a PS5 version of this game, and nothing is different about it. *sigh* :(

1L581099.png

(19) Legend of the Skyfish

While doing these 5-packs, I sometimes do not stick to the 10% rule as, when I get close to the end, I end up going from 50% to 75%. This game went from 50% to 80% with three trophies. Yeah, I knew this game would be a fast plat because there are only 15 trophies in the list, but this game isn't too bad. Using a fishing line to hookshot over water is something really interesting even if Link did the Hookshot gimmick long before the heroine of this tale, and there are three lands with 14 puzzle levels and a boss fight, with the monster of the title being the final boss, and I died to him twice because his pattern is annoying and it's easy to fail the line cast to pull you to safety from his mouth laser. :(

Still a short and great game.

1Ldfd936.png

(20) Final Fantasy VIII Remastered

To be honest, I don't know why the "Remastered" thing is in there as it's just the same game with model updates. Yes, the character models look a lot more smooth and polished but everything else is bleh. If you ever played Triple Triad in Eorzea, this is where the game came from but other than defeating all the members of the CC Club in Balamb Garden and losing a rare card, there aren't any other Triple Triad trophies. This list is actually a bowlderized version of the Steam Achievement list(since it has the same three cheats from the PC version) with the horrifying trophies removed. (Including one that requires you to avoid ever leveling Squall, which is fine as this game levels the monsters with you, so grinding is strongly discouraged.)

This is my favorite of the PSX Final Fantasies and will always be so. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Platinums 21-25

Average Plat Time: 5 days (because the first game was rushed)

Spoiler

1Lebb04a.png
(21) Legend of the Skyfish (Vita)

This game was actually platinumed faster than the others because I dropped my 10% rule for this group. Why? Because I forgot that you have to close the game every time you try to check your trophies on the PS Vita. :(

I ended up get 20% completion as I didn't take notes when I did the last version of this game on PS4 and you get 20% trophies from just getting the first five trophies. So I just said 'forget it' and rushed the platinum here. This is a cross-buy of the Vita version which is the same game as the PS4 version. I will not repeat my reviews on games that are the exact same no matter what the platform as these are just cross-buy extra platinum trophies. Yes, I will stack console versions as I have a PS4, PS5, and Vita.

1L87c244.png
(22) Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (Vita)

Again, I just wanted this out of the way. This was the same as the PS4 version only I failed the fishing trophy harder than before as trying to catch the Ghost and Bot Fish on a tiny handheld screen is a lot more frustratingly bad. Otherwise, it's the same song and dance as the PS4 version.

1Lae0928.png

(23) LEGO Jurassic World (PS4)

So yeah, I am stooping to the level of LEGO-based titles due to not finding any games which fit my criteria of "must be done in chunks" and "must be engaging." I don't find LEGO games engaging, but after soul-searching I decided that they can be done in chunks due to how they are structured: A handful of story-based levels where you use the characters you are given to get through a level which involves smashing bricks and rebuilding them to solve problems and collecting studs to buy items for the 100% you usually need. (LEGO Legend of Chima for the Vita doesn't make you do 100% which is odd so I am not touching that game ever again unless I run out of good LEGO titles, and I will eventually. :() So I pardoned this series of titles and so now I am going to platinum LEGO games.

To be fair, I have a history with this one - I platinumed it many times after it came out because I had watched the actual Jurassic World movie during an outing when I was in a group home, so I had seen one of the Jurassic movies and the unskippable cutscenes(yes, LEGO games won't let you skip cutscenes the first time) are like watching the movies. And I can confirmed that the albino Indominus Rex was a creation of the LEGO franchise, and is not the real Indominus Rex in the actual movie. (It looks brown like its T-Rex lineage.)

This started my new LEGO game philosophy: Speedrun the story levels, don't bother getting collectibles in the story mode unless you have the tools and want to, and then in Free Play mode(which lets you choose any character you unlocked in a level which lets you get collectibles you couldn't reach in Story Mode with the required characters), just get 100%. For those who want to platinum these titles, I highly recommend Happy Thumbs Gaming on Youtube, he has 100% guides for every LEGO game on the market.

1Lcd4e46.png
(24) Adventures of Mana

This Vita exclusive title is one I always bought due to its nature. This is a HD port of the old Gameboy game Final Fantasy Adventure, which was the first game in the Mana series. For my next set of RPGs, I wanted to platinum the four Mana Games which now have trophy support and Adventures was my first conquest here. The problem is getting to max level due to how slow combat is. In past runs I rushed to the final area and just camped there killing elephants to get to Level 99, but recently I found it's faster to kill werewolves as they are the only enemy to respawn without having to exit and reenter an area and the ones on the airship got me to Level 75. Even so I found that the Boss Monster EXP up to the endgame was only enough to get two levels. :(

A nice short RPG for the traveler who can't access a home console while traveling. :)

1L76a3d8.png
(25) Nexomon: Extinction

This is the sequel to Nexomon and takes place a millenium after that game. Yes, a THOUSAND YEARS have passed and you are leaving the orphanage to hunt down and catch your first Nexomon... and then you get bodied by a freaking DRAGON! A familiar green-haired woman gives you one of nine Nexomon and you try to fight the dragon and get defeated. But...

That's just the big bang start!

This game plays the same as the original with a bunch of new features like boosts to catch rate, various key items that boost stuff like EXP gain or catch rate for certain types, two new Nexomon types in Psychic and Ghost, "extinct" Nexomon which are love letters to the original Nexomon, and then a post-game DLC story which unlocks a mountain full of high-level Nexomon which were from the original game...

And that DLC nearly broke my soul. :(

You see, the Abyssal DLC added 46 Nexomon so you have to get 427 unique species instead of the 381 that Cassylvania probably had to get to earn the "Own All Nexomon" trophy. (Also, one Nexomon, Ziegler, was moved so you won't encounter him like you would Darine or Titan, you have to complete the post-game and he'll then appear in the new area, and you can't get all of the 381 oldies without Ziegler.) That means you have to do the various boss fights which can wipe your party as they scale to your level. If you struggled with the story, you will probably have a hell of a time in this new area. Because I had to do the DLC to get all the Nexomon for that final trophy, it took me an extra day and I had to move this the last spot of this pack of games. But hey, this game deserves to be Platinum #25. It's a really great game and I will get in on my non-Lite Switch download so I can try out the custom mode (which gives you the option to play the game with Pokemon challenges like Randomizer or Nuzlocke, making a re-run of the story a really interesting play.)

Oh, and for the record there are "Cosmic" variants similar to shiny Pokemon, but they have better base stats. Sadly, the only Cosmics I found and captured were all ugly as sing: Ghouze, Deebuz and an Vaprat from the original games as an Extinct Pokemon. Yeah, I have a pi$$-yellow Vaprat. Now you see why I decided to give up on shiny hunting. :|

Edited by Taruta13

Great trophy checklist dude! :highfive:

I did something similar where I scrapped my old account and started fresh on this one aiming to 100% every game and skip all the shovelware.

Good luck with whatever your next game will be. 

Thanks. If I do a game that people might think is EZPZ, I try to explain my reasons for picking it. For example, the LEGO game is there because I feel like LEGO takes time and effort due to all the levels you have to go through and then all the collectibles you need to get, but since it's based on a toy block franchise, it doesn't feel like busy work. My recommend is just go through the story levels and enjoy the story with the given characters, figure out their tools, then get the tools to 100% every level by backtracking with new tools. You have to also have an interest in the franchise, which I did because I had seen the Jurassic World movie a while ago. If I wanted I could platinum LEGO Marvel's Avengers because I had seen Age of Ultron a while ago as well in the theaters, so I am familiar with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver and enjoyed that movie a bit. ^_^

My next games might be thought of as shovelware as I'm doing Unpacking on both platforms, but it's for the Gaming by Number event and I watched someone do a four-hour livestream of them getting all the trophies in that game and the funny commentary when they were freaking out about running out of time so I was hooked. :D

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Need to update with the next ten platinums on my list, sorry I've been late. I have been busy trying to form a Living Pokedex of as many Pokemon as I can in Pokemon HOME before Scarlet and Violet drop so I've been playing all of my Pokemon games from scratch. xD

I'll get up the next two stacks soon.

Platinums 26-30

Spoiler

1Ldb96f3.png

(26 & 27) Unpacking

At this point I dropped my 10% rule altogether as well as dropping the average time for all the games in a set. Mainly because of these games. Yes, these are short indie games like My Name is Mayo, but unlike that title, this game isn't fast.

The reason I fell for these games was because Playstation Access, a British group that does gaming Youtube content with hilarious comedy, sometimes does livestreams where the members earn platinum trophies, and this game fell into their laps and I saw the video livestream that was a four-hour insanity check watching Rosie(one of the members) work on the platinum for this game. It's basically a puzzle game where you have to unpack moving boxes. It's the story of a young woman who grows up from a teenager in 1997 to a middle-aged woman in 2018 and the levels are various points in her life where she unpacks her things in a new house. The thing is, these boxes are packed with random stuff and you have to figure out which room the items belong in and put them in their proper place.

I really enjoyed that livestream and decided to do the platinum for this game as well - both versions, the PS4 and PS5 version.

Needless to say, I didn't fare much better than Rosie did, mainly because I was playing both versions at the same time, using what I did on the PS5 version as a guide for the PS4 version.

The music is nice and the graphics are simple. If you want a relaxing puzzle game, I recommend this one. ;)

1L8b22ed.png

(28) Persian Nights: Sands of Wonder

Yes, I had to put in an Artifex Mundi game here. My last few accounts were riddled with these stories that had puzzles and hidden object puzzles in them. I needed two fast platinums and these were the way to go. There are collectibles to watch out for... and I missed one, so I deleted my save and tried again with the guide I was using.

1L033277.png'

(29) Persian Nights 2: Moonlight Veil

Then I played the sequel... and missed a collectible again. It was luckily not too far in so I didn't bother deleting my save and starting over. Needless to say, I was miffed.

Though I did like the Arabian setting in the first game, it wasn't as prevalent in the sequel. Still, the nice thing is that there are guides to the game if you are stuck and later Mundi titles didn't require you to play on the Expert difficulty though that isn't really hard - it just stuns you if you spam-click on a hidden object puzzle and keeping missing objects. If you play these, know that you get trophies for not skipping any puzzle and not using hints, but if you have a guide, you won't have much of an issue. You will miss trophies if you take your time as som trophies require you to clear a puzzle in a very short time, but most of the time it's not that difficult to do.

Artifex Mundi may be simple but the stories are deep and they have hundreds of these titles, which are ports of their original titles on PC and the trophies are based on the PC achievements. Just be ready to use a guide as it's easy to miss collectibles.

1L54ef65.png
(30) Chrono Cross

I enjoyed Chrono Trigger when it came out on the SNES. I didn't bother playing the PSP remake of it as I didn't want to sully my nostalgia. This game is a sequel to Chrono Trigger and has many references to that game.

I remembered playing this game when it came out on Playstation 1 and hating everything except the story. I got to the end and just gave up because the final boss was too confusing to me, as I didn't know how to prevent it from disrupting my using of the Chrono Cross item to get the good ending. I was concerned I couldn't handle this remake...

Luckily it has the same sort of in-game cheats that the Final Fantasy VII and VIII ports have and, like Final Fantasy VIII it has a rehaul of the models to look cooler. They also fixed up Serge and Kid's face shots to look cooler. Anyways, I won't spoil anything much here.

I want to thank Optinoob. He was the guy who made the rockin' Persona 5 Royal calendar guide to help get 100% in that game and he also made a video commentary 100% guide for this remake and how to stockpile saves. This game has a "Continue New Game+" feature that lets you reload saves but carry over your stuff, including the Time Egg which lets you fight the final boss at any time. Defeating said boss would trigger one of the multiple endings, including a developer's room ending if you beat the final boss at the very beginning with just Serge. This is a carryover from Chrono Trigger which did the same thing. By stockpiling saves you could use Continue+ to bring over your uber characters... and you kind of need to because the leveling system is unique in that you only get levels by defeating bosses, so grinding enemies for anything but drops is worthless.

This game was a little complex but the guide I used showed where to put a save. I almost screwed up a save but luckily autosave had put a checkpoint back so I could just try again. This is a great game with great FMVs so I recommend it if you don't mind using a guide to get the various multiple endings for the trophies. ;)

(Oh and there is the Radical Dreamers visual novel that didn't come out with Chrono Cross in the beginning but you don't need to touch that to get the platinum.)

Platinums 31-35

Spoiler

1L5a3915.png

(31) LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4

Another LEGO game down. I love Harry Potter, I read all the books and watched all the movies and while I do not agree with the movies, I know they had to cut out a lot of content to make each book be a 2 hour minimum. And even then they failed as they couldn't curtail the HUGE amount of content in the final book so they had to make two Deathly Hallows movies. :(

The LEGO games for Harry Potter are based off the movies for the most part. I won't bother with story or gameplay as this is the first four books of the series. The one thing I must tell you about is that this game is bugged as all get out. There are two very bad bugs - one which locks you out of a room and any collectibles you didn't get there if you don't have the right characters and one that locks you out of Hogwarts if you go to Gringotts and do the TEN bonus levels there.

The interesting thing is that (1) you can't get 100% unless you use the character creator as there's a 1% for that, and (2) you get a trophy for doing the level building tutorial. Yes, this game had a level creator in it. It was supposed to be used to have players share their own LEGO Harry Potter bonus levels but since the PS3/PS4 versions have no online support, there is no point to use this creator. Wasted potential. :(

Not a bad game, but there is no voice acting so if you are spoiled by stuff like LEGO Jurassic World or LEGO Batman 3, I wouldn't recommend these games. This is a slog.

1Led4d24.png
(32) Buff Knight Advanced

Another slog but one you can shut your brain off on, because the gimmick is you can only upgrade if you die, so you have to die... a lot. It's a runner type game where you kill monsters coming at you on a 2D left-to-right rails-like game. It's fun for me because it uses 8-bit pixel art and chiptune music and the music for each level is awesome. ^_^

1L3d9fe2.png
(33) Donut County

Another simple game with puzzle levels which involve you sucking up stuff in a hole that you move about. It's like what Katamari Damacy but you grow a hole instead of a ball. There is a boss fight at the end but it's not too difficult although you do have to win without taking damage and also lose for a couple of trophies. A silly game with a simple trophy list.

1L853b9a.png

(34) LEGO City Undercover

I didn't expect to do this game, because it is a very very very long slog to the end. Basically, it's a huge open world city with lots of missions based on one of you many 'disguises', which are basically suits that have different abilities. In most LEGO games you have two or three characters in your group with different abilities. Not so here, you only have one character but you can switch between different suits to get different ability sets. There is also combat here but it's not insanely complex.

Premise: You play as a cop called Chase McCain who was exiled from LEGO City two years ago because he screwed up a case that forced someone into a witness protection program and is returning after the mayor revokes his exile to help catch the guy who was arrested last time, the notorious crime boss Rex Fury. You have to go incognito and get into the crime gang to find out what Rex is up to and why he's using various mafias in the city to steal odd stuff like a giant telescope and T-Rex skeleton from the museum. It has a ton of humor and some tense moments but after the story, you'll be grinding your teeth trying to find out where these challenges are as there are 450 gold bricks you have to get by doing super builds and complete challenges with the eight special disguises(like rescuing cats as a firefighter or doing a drill run challenge as a construction worker).

I didn't hate this grind, it was sort of fun and I took plenty of breaks to avoid over-exerting myself. I also played this on the PS5 to make it run smoother. :)

1Leccc5d.png

(35) Secret of Mana

I continued my journey of platinuming every Mana game and of course, this had to be next. This title was one of my favorite SNES games back when I was in college.

You heard the horror stories about how this remake of the original SNES classic was bugged to hell and all not. I know, when I played it on the Vita, it froze my Vita so hard that I had to do a hard reboot to save it. I am never playing this game on the Vita again. :(

That didn't stop the PS4 version from crashing a few times. But hey, I customized my loadout to carry 12 of every healing item. The magic grind is not great but it does keep the spirit of the original SNES game and if I didn't mash through text, the inn talks between Randi, Primm and Popoi were funny. A lot of people hate the remakes but I didn't mind. Although I have to spank the people who came up with the trophies as they just copied the titles from the descriptions. Lazy trophy titling, guys. But then again, every Artifex Mundi game just uses the title "Platinum" for the platinum trophy for every game so who am I to judge? :|

• 4 weeks later...

So I forgot to update my OP with the new trophies and I need to put up a new post for the next set. I'll get that done right away as anyone who reads this will be up to date. I am at my last two trophies to #50, but I don't want to put an incomplete yet. I will update with all the platinums up to my current one, though. :)

Platinums 36-40

Spoiler

1L56a2f3.png

[36] Ape Escape

Having to buy a PS+ Extra account just to play old Playstation games is a bit annoying but for this case, it was worth it to play an old classic. I had gotten into Ape Escape with the second game but unfortunately that game and Ape Escape 3 are non-platinums. The fact that the original gets a platinum and the others do not boggles the mind.

Still, this game wasn't too difficult, especially with the new rewind and save state features the PS+ old PS1 games have, so it was fun to go through, since you can skip the cutscenes. It's basically just you catch a bunch of monkeys in a leveled game play. And you only need to beat the game(because you need to get all the gadgets and the last one is only unlocked after you beat the game and re-enter a level), get half of the monkeys and half of the big Specter Coins. I skipped the coins and had to win one of the two Jake Races to get five Specter Coins, but all in all it's not too bad and you'll get 100 monkeys long before you beat the game. A fun game.

1L824eaf.png1Leb7447.png

[37] LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Vita)

[38] LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (PS4)

So I had to do the other title for LEGO Harry Potter because there are a ton of stories here. And I went and earned the Vita version of Years 5-7, which was a mistake: The dueling system is so dang awful and you have to duel everyone in the game in the Dueling Club. I cut it into chunks and just pushed through it, making sure to do certain duels with certain characters for other trophies. There was one trophy for not taking damage in the Bellatrix duel and I was glad I didn't flub it. Damageless trophies are not my friends. :(

The PS4 version was longer and more tedious but eventually things worked out, especially when I was able to get the x4 Studs brick early and not worry about True Wizard status for future levels. I am taking a break from LEGO games. (Oh, I am sure I will definitely have to do more LEGO games in the future, believe you me!)

1Le737b9.png
[39] Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink

This game is a staple in every account I made. There is a guide on Youtube on how to get every trophy here and it wasn't too hard to do despite it being one of the first Artifex Mundi titles and therefore requiring you to complete the game on Expert Difficulty. The hidden-object puzzles aren't bad at all and the only thing you might miss are the mechanical bugs you have to touch to collect. All in all, a very short and sweet title involving steampunk technology. ;)

1L29a2d4.png
[40] Trials of Mana

This game is the third iternation of the collection of Mana and I am glad with the direction they went with after the tragedy of the Secret of Mana remake. Making it 3D was wonderful and the character models were really amazing. Original Angela looked pretty slutty but the remake made her dress provocative but not too bad. ;)

And for those who think I am lusting over Angela, wrong - Charlotte's my waifu and I used her in all three storylines. xD

Okay, that aside, the fact that you have to go through all three villains to get a trophy for each can be daunting but, unlike Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix for the PS3, the story beats are the same but the final parts are far different, and with the New Game+ feature, you can carry over your levels. Yes, unfortunately, I wanted to save the secret dungeon for last, but sadly you have to clear it and beat the secret boss to unlock New Game+, but with the new abilities, things get easier. You get an abilities that gives 5x EXP from battles after you enter your first New Game+, and you carry over all abilities you earned, so the game gets easier to get through each time.

For those wanting to know my teams for the playthroughs:

1. Charlotte(main), Angela and Reisz (actually managed to get the trophy for Hard Mode secret boss with these team despite them only being Level 80)
  2. Duran, Kevin, Charlotte
  3. Hawkeye, Reisz, Charlotte

Platinums 41-45

Spoiler

1Ldb9968.png

[41] Bonds of the Skies

This is a Kemco game and therefore very obscure. But still, I enjoyed it. Okay, so I spent $14.99 on the in-game cheats so  I could not have to grind out a ton of enemies. I didn't have any tough fights except the true final boss, who uses insta-kill spells on you. Still, I survived even with two of the three characters you play as dead to insta-death spells because I had to equip something other than the amulet that prevent insta-kill spells from hitting so they could do more damage.

A very short RPG if you use the in-game add ons. This is the PS4 version but I don't think that the Vita version has a separate list.

1L4ee3e4.png

[42] Celeste

Yes, I earned the trophies by using Assist Mode to make me invincible and have infinite dashes. I'm not a speedrunner so I can't do the insane precision jumps. (You do have to do precision jumps in the PICO-8 mini-game which is basically an 8-bit version of Celeste with 30 levels, some of those levels require precise timing to avoid hitting spikes.)

I really loved the music here and the B-sides and C-sides were really nice as well.

1L9f347e.png
[43] Wild Arms

I remembered playing this in my college years on the old PSX and enjoyed every minute of it, and it's nice to be back. The item dupe glitch was really fun to do again and I was able to overpower Rudy, Jack and Cecilia so that they didn't die to Ragu Ragula(who surprisingly didn't use his one-shot attack at all xD). I didn't use the save states as I was warned that you won't get the trophy for defeating all of the golems if you use them, but since my party was so buff and stocked up on Goat Dolls(which heal you to full if you die if you equip them), there was never any real need to rewind. This is a really nice RPG to get into if you are interested in retro games. ;)

1Lc0aa32.png
[44] LEGO Jurassic World (Vita)

Okay, so I spoke a bit too soon, but I had to have a filler and this was the best option. Also, I had platinumed the PS version so I had to go with this even though it also has unskippable cutscenes. And there was a trophy requiring you to earn 2 billion studs, so you have to AFK one chase level over and over with full stud multipliers(1920 because there is no x2 here) until you get there. It was so annoying and tedious. :|

But there is nothing new that hasn't been covered in the PS4 version. They removed a few levels and have mini-hubs but that's about it. Oh, there are the two dino paddocks where you only play as dinosaurs but other than needing a couple of custom dinos to utilize abilities normal dinos don't have(like having a raptor with the Indominus Rex body to turn invisible), there is really nothing too complicated here.

1Le1d8db.png

[45] Legend of Mana

The fact that this platinum is third on my rarest trophies list shows that, other than the original Dragon Quest Builders, this game is not played by many people. Which is sad because this title is very interesting. You create the world by placing artifacts on a map to "awaken" areas, and, like in Trials of Mana, there are three major storylines which you need to complete to get three trophies, but you don't have to start over as you can complete all three stories in one playthrough, and basically need to because one trophy requires you to complete all 67 quests. Yes, there are 67 quests in the game. The art was cleaned up but nothing was enhanced, which makes the game timeless.

The problem is that I broke the game by unlocking the smithy and using it to forge high-level armor with insane defense and a weapon that was so powerful it three shots bosses... but I had to use a guide because the game never gives you a guide on what each item does when you forge it into a weapon or armor. The instruments which you use to cast spells are useless as once you unlock all of the weapon attacks(which you need to do for a trophy) you can just one-shot bosses with your uber weapon. I used a flail as you can hit many times in a few seconds. You do need a pet or golem for one quest because you have to have three party members and you and the NPC are only two people, but all in all, the game was fun and I can finally put the Mana series to bed as Dawn of Mana will never be remade. :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, where was I... THAL'S BEARD!!! WHY AM I SO BEHIND?!?! :o (furiously cobbles together the next post)

Platinums 46-50

Spoiler

1L38105f.png1L476839.png1L91ca52.png

[46] Enigmatis: Ghosts of Maple Creek

[47] Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood

[48] Enigmatis 3: Shadow of Karkhala

So for the record, I am going to try to lump all Artifex Mundi series as one lump review because the games lead into each other. The first game got sued for misinformation(there are no ghosts in that game, it's about an evil priest brainwashing the town and killing people for a demon), the second game got sued by Wizard101(for stealing the name of their wizard academy even though there IS a raven in this one xD) and the third just ripped off some hokey Indiana Jones movie to tie things up. ;)

Still, the games are pretty decent and only the second one committed the sin of forcing two playthroughs, and there are lot of missable collectibles in the second and third titles. Still, a decent series if you like the idea of a female detective searching for victims of a made demonic cult.

1La3fcfa.png

[49] Scribblenauts Mega Pack

A collection of the 3DS titles Scribblenauts Unlimited and the DC Universe crossover Scribblenauts Unmasked. You use a letter wheel to enter words in a notebook to make things real. The Scribblenauts series has existed since the DS days and finding unique ways to solve puzzles with different combinations of words is always fun. Unmasked is a grind but Unlimited is fun because you only have to solve set puzzles and do side-quests for people. If you are a creative person, try this collection out.

1Lf16eae.png

[50] Dark Cloud

A really fun dungeon crawler. 50% of the trophies are in the first town so you can just do those are be 50% done. Also, I used a glitch exploit where you can obtain a dummy item you put in your weapon to max out all its stats, then upgrade it to keep those stats and you can instantly build up to the next rank of weapon, eventually getting a lowly Bone Rapier to the best weapon that the main character can use. There are six characters you play as and you have to collect Atma to restore the towns that the evil Dark Genie destroyed. Pretty fun RPG and it doesn't stay out too long to be totally boring.

Platinums 51-55

Spoiler

1L8d1f53.png1L8d1f53.png1L8d1f53.png

[51] A Winter's Daydream (PS4)
[52] A Winter's Daydream (PS Vita)
[53] A Winter's Daydream (PS5)

Yes, three stacks of the same visual novel! The only reason the PS5 version lost the race is because my PS5 controller's X button is busted and you have to press down hard to get it to register(which is why I had trouble with any PS5 game :().

I played all three of these versions at the same time to race them, which is the best thing you can do to speed up the long waiting of dialogue text. You can't use autoplay or the game disables trophies, so you have to mash through a half hour of text and cutscenes. The story is just some guy comes home for the holidays, his grandma de-ages back to a young adult for a few days to meet her dead husband, and the boy decides to reconcile with his big sister for New Year's. (Actually, the story starts on the 28th of December, so it's after Xmas.)

That's all you need to know, this title isn't an interactive experience, and there are no choices to make like other visual novels. Just watch the entire movie and you'll be platinum. :P

This is probably the lowest I'd ever sink to platinuming on this account. My last account has twenty The Letter X games on it that I'm crying on the inside. :(

1L0d7a7b.png1L006f3e.png

[54] LEGO Batman 3 (PS Vita)
[55] LEGO Batman 3 (PS4)

More LEGO games but these took a bit longer. The Vita LEGO Batman 3 had builds which required you to swipe the screen and I was fumbling at that, and the PS4 version had annoying ring races you had to do, a lot of them. I do not like the Lantern Planets, and let's not talk about how you have to do the DLC! (I know the DLC packs are not part of the platinum but I do them because I am a COMPLETIONIST.)

Still, voice acting is spot on and the PS4 version has Daffty Duck cosplay. ^_^

Platinums 56-60

Spoiler

1Lacd600.png

[56] Modern Tales: Age of Invention

You're about to be flooded with Artifex titles as I was doing an event and had to put down something. Let's check off the list of what these games cover, shall we?

This one is set in the Industrial Revolution and involves an electromagnetic flying device...

1L1e86c1.png

[57] The Secret Order 7: Shadow Breach

This one is a spooky one for Halloween(I platinumed these games around Hallow's Eve) and involves a mysterious portal...

1Lbb27bf.png
[58] Aer: Memories of Old

This one was not spooky, but I enjoyed it anyway. Not an Artifex title but I always platinumed this game as it's entirely based on exploration of a giant island chain floating in the clouds. Love how the icon is a glowing cupcake. ^_^

1Le32c6c.png
[59] Dark Arcana: The Carnival

Another dark and spooky game, set in a haunted amusement park. Only part I hated was having to shoot the targets all in four bullets. Thank goodness for PS+ cloud saves!

1Ldfd23f.png

[60] Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden

And here is a Bioshock simulator with tons of jump scares. Forget Five Nights at Freddy's, the Legates are more terrifying! :D

I wanted to have a bigger game here but the only one I had up at the time was struggling at the very end. :(

• 1 month later...

Platinums 61-65

Spoiler

1Lf72547.png

[61] Endless Fables: Dark Moor

Surprise, surprise, another Artifex Mundi title, this one dealing with some Celtic mythos. It's really just par for the course.

1L0b1f58.png

[62] Castlevania Requiem: Rondo of Blood & Symphony of the Night

Surprise, surprise, a game which isn't from Artifex Mundi. This is a remake of Symphony of the Night, with Rondo of Blood thrown in to explain who the heck Maria is and why Richter is in Smash. :D

The hardest trophy I earned was the one requiring you to defeat Richter Mode in Symphony of the Night by beating Shaft in the inverted castle, and it took me a while to find a good route to get past all the high-level enemies in the Inverted Castle because save rooms are few and far between. I died a lot in Richter Mode. I also died a lot in Rondo of Blood but that's par for the course. :P

1Lf2ed24.png

[63] 36 Fragments of Midnight

I played this because I wasn't stacking the Vita version(as the controls of that version are janky as hell and I never went back) and I was trying to push a game to #65. It failed but this game is chill and easy enough if you know how to move the little white square so it doesn't die on spikes.

1L46aab7.png

[64] Persona 5 Royal

(Playstation 5 Version)

So this was one of the games I completed for the Fall Backlog Challenge 2022. It cost me $60 but I had to stack this game because this version has the DLC built into the game so you can grab all the cool costumes and OP items and Persona(which you can get access to the Velvet Room) and just grabbed the most OP Persona in the game, Izanagi-no-Okami Picaro - and started one-shotting every mob in the game until I got Insta-Kill from Chariot and was able to start dash-killing enemies to avoid fighting them. The last bosses were no easy as they took a couple of shots but I struggled through and got the platinum. :)

1Lb42a1c.png

[65] Eventide: Slavic Fable

Another Artifex Mundi game? Well yes, but I had to do this as the game was played on my 50th birthday so I had to get a birthday platinum and, remember, no EZPZs, so this was the closest thing I could platinum in under 3 hours. It's also the start of another Artifex Trilogy, this one involving Slavic folklore.

• 1 month later...

Platinums 66-70

Spoiler

1L394daf.png

(66) Persona 5 Royal (PS4)

I already owned the legacy DLC pack and the game on another account, so I said "meh, might as well." Not much to say that wasn't said before, but at least in this last run(aka I will never play this game again), I finally held off on romance until I could woo not-Kasumi. (I have Kasumi emulated in Pokemon Violet as the main character, the look is freakishly accurate. xD)

ka.png

1L051151.png
(67) Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror

The game tries to pull off an Infamous series "good vs. evil" dilemma, and fails miserably as your choices do NOT matter - no matter which choice you make, the result is the same. But you have to make the good and bad choice for five events in order to get the trophy for choosing the opposite path. *shrug*

1L0db24e.png
(68) Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends

Decently good title, same as most of Artifex Mundi's fare and a good wrap-up to the Slavic series.

1L6442f6.png
(69) Sakura Succubus VI (PS5)

I know what you are thinking, I'm a pervert. However, how can you NOT put a title here on a number that is a sexual meme that isn't about a guy having relations with sexually endowed women, especially demonesses who are known for sexually seducing men to steal their souls? xD

1La740a6.png
(70) Dark Cloud 2

I love this icon, it's really cool art tech.

This game was one of the games I played for Kill Your Completion 2022 and I swore I'd finish it, and finish it I did, but boy what a ride. The worst part were the medal challenges, especially the ones for Monster Transformation (as even my strongest monster did chip damage to the last dungeon enemies) and the kill monsters by items only challenges, as there are cannon enemies which shoot explosive cannonballs and if they damage an enemy when they explode, you bascailly have to restart the level. :(

But all in all, I managed to get everything done. This is a great classic game. I've already downloaded Rogue Galaxy(aka Dark Cloud 3) as part of the Kaledioscope challenge and can't wait to get into that game. ^_^

Edited by Taruta13

Platinums 71-75

Spoiler

1L6442f6.png
(71) Sakura Succubus VI (PS4)

Well, this title stacks so I had to get the other version, decided this was the best place to put it so I didn't have to deal with it later. :(

1L1eb796.png
(72) Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily (PS4)

Skipped through the cutscenes on this one. Was going to use this for a Christmas Platinum but it would have been #70 and as you can tell, I had a Mundi title as a milestone already. Great title, but the trophy lists are making these games teeter into EZPZ land as they removed a lot of more telling trophies, you don't even have to avoid skips or hints for very long before all of the related trophies pop.

1Lfaa9e7.png1L69c6ea.png1L45785f.png

(73) Queen's Quest 2: Stories or Forgotten Past

(74) Queen's Quest 3: The End of Dawn

(75) Queen's Quest 4: Sacred Truce

I basically platinumed the entire Queen's Quest series by Artifex Mundi for the Winter Backlog challenge. Very quick and simple games, thought a bit of the long side of things. And none of the characters are queens, as far as I can tell. Just generic fantasy stories.

Platinums 76-80

Spoiler

1Lce1e3c.png
(76) Crime Secrets: Crimson Lily (PS5)

Yes, Artifex Mundi has stacking versions now. But at least I was able to enjoy the dialogue this time.

1L2bdacc.png

(77) Warlock's Tower (PS4)

I needed something fast and easy, and this game fits the bill. I didn't use a guide until the third floor but it's pretty simple and retro. It sort of sucks that you have to exit the game and continue to pop the final trophy for clearing the final section. (Also I needed a game image with brown in it for the Kaledioscope challenge.)

1La25d53.png

(78) Storm Boy

Say what you will, but this game will always be on my list. It is also a nice light blue and fits the Kaledioscope challenge. Also, never forget the pelican. ^_^

1L47879f.png
(79) Teslagrad (PS4)

Game icon was deep purple and I really felt bad for not trying this again, as the game is a really cool Metroidvania. Might go for the Vita version of this if my thumbs can handle so much rage. The challenge is very real here and the only blessing is that you don't need to fight the final boss, you just get need to get all of the collectibles to get the platinum.

Also, they announced a sequel to this game coming soon.

1Le7d284.png
(80) TOEM

I was on the fence about this game but eventually followed the guide and got the platinum. I like the monochromatic nature of this game as stripping away color makes the game focus on exploration instead of fancy graphics(though the colorization you get when you reach the crystal at the top of the mountain is so uber cool). There is DLC but it's a thank you love letter from the devs and the mini-games weren't too bad. :)

Edited by Taruta13

Platinums 81-85

Spoiler

1L34e9bb.png
(81) LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
(PS4 Version)

I started this for the Kill Your Completion Challenge in November 2022, and finished it two months later. The game crashed three times and had serious lag issues, which really ruined the experience. Also, the grind was insane and I wasn't able to get the remaining 33 Kyber Bricks due to the RNG of the Capital Ships I needed spawning so I missed their Kyber Bricks, but the Kyber Brick trophy is only for 1000 and you can fully upgrade every role with 1163 Kybers.

I did use this title as an excuse to experience the Star Wars I did not watch as a kid(the prequel and sequel trilogies), but I muted the original trilogy since I had seen that as a kid. This was quite the experience.

1L94d73a.png1L94d73a.png1L94d73a.png
(#82-84) Knightin'+ (all versions)

Yep, I actually played all three versions(PS4, PS Vita and the newly added PS5 version) together. Luckily, the platinum is completed halfway through the third dungeon so you only need to fight two bosses... and the game has cheats for god mode and max money that don't disable trophies. (The God Mode does drop every time you floor transit, so you have to re-enter the code, but it saved me a lot of frustration on the second boss.)

1L34e9bb.png

(85) LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
(PS5 Version)

This version went by faster as (a) I hadn't started it weeks earlier and (b) I went into Galaxy Free Play after each movie so I could get everything I could before entering the next movie. This allowed me to get upgrades faster and complete space battles without dying. The quality is better but I did start experience near crashes every so often where the game would freeze up for a few seconds near the home stretch. Hoping this is memory issues and not the game.

Even so, I was able to actually get 100% on this game because I got farming and forced every Capital Ship to spawn so I could seize it. If you love Star Wars, this is a great title to get into. ;)

Edited by Taruta13

Platinums 86-90

Spoiler

1Lf116e4.png

(86) Lara Croft GO

Never have and never will touch an actual Tomb Raider, but this game is very easy to platinum - you can use the hint feature which walks you through every puzzle and I only needed a guide fro the collectible urns.

1L9c31c5.png1L9c31c5.png

(87) Sissa's Path (PS4 version)

(88) Sissa's Path (PS5 version)

I needed some more destressing so I played these version simple puzzle games. So simple, I was able to solve all 48 puzzles in both games without help. ^_^

1L7fcd34.png
(89) LEGO The Hobbit (PS4 version)

Did a non-stop marathon of this game and it was sort of fun despite them not using all the Hobbit movies and leaving the cliffhanger with Smaug. :(

It was a nice open-world game with fast travel points, similar to Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. Also, like Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, there were serious glitch issues. xD

1L68c16d.png
Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance

I got most of the trophies last November for the Kill Your Completion event and decided to just knock this out. The Carnage Dimension stages you have to do to unlock Carnage Dark are not fun and Carnage Dark himself was a hassle, refusing to get one-shotted by my Sage even with boosts to her special attack. But in the end I got that boss killed and got the platinum, which I delayed until I got it to be my 90th. ;)

Platinums 91-100

Spoiler

1L490c2f.png

#91: Ape Escape (PS5 Version)

I returned to the de-rust of this title, got to the end and held off on the last trophies until February. I then realized how bad it is to return to a game after a week as my skills with the Sky Flyer were horribly rusty and I kept falling off. At least I was able to get the last 9 Specter Coins and unlock Galaxy Monkey for the final trophies, but wow, that was painful. Other than that, nothing new here.

1L6dfed8.png

#92: LEGO Bricktales (PS4)

#93: LEGO Bricktales (PS5)

Needless to say, I went into this blind and was surprised. LEGO Bricktales ignores what made a LEGO Video Game great (smashing stuff, collecting studs, hanging out with superheroes or hobbits) and had generic characters and the goal is to build LEGO objects so that they work and advance you through the story of five different worlds(jungle, desert, medieval, city and pirate world) so that you gain a happiness crystal which you use to revive a decaying amusement park so that the mayor doesn't confiscate the place from your grandpa, who is an eccentric inventor. In fact, he invented a robot called Rusty... who tells a tale that if you played LEGO Dimensions might sound familiar. You even warp to these worlds via a dimensional portal. ^_^

Anyways, this game is not for those expecting an easy LEGO platinum. The game is easy, there is no combat, but the LEGO builds have to be done like you'd do it in real life - take LEGO bricks and lock them together, then make sure they don't break or are balanced in a simulation. I had to use a guide to help me through the last two biomes. After you get a Happiness Crystal and use it to restore part of the park, before you can move on, you have to build some parts for the theme ride that appears when the park is restored, which is usually three smaller builds.

This game also lets you, after you do the story build, go into Sandbox mode and customize your build to be creative but you have to run the simulation again. You also get to explore the worlds and use special powers you get in each world through shrines. There are five powers and the whip, which you have to find in each world to use it.

It's a pretty solid title but not for those who think of LEGO builds as speedy affairs, not actually lengthy building rituals. The exploring is fun but I had to use another guide to find those last collectibles and I missed a smashable object and you need to destroy all smashable objects for a trophy. A great game if you want to be casual and like playing with actual LEGOs or want to get your kids obsessed with LEGOs. ^_^

After that, I got through the PS5 version. There is no quality change to the version, other than the load times being a bit faster. I backtracked every time I got a new ability this time and only had to get a guide for a few chests and animals and didn't buy out the ghost shops until I had all the chests. Sadly, the platinum screenshot was a loading screen. But it's still decent. If you want a chillax platinum or two and you love LEGO building, this is a good title to pick as well as the non-plat title LEGO: A Builder's Journey.

1L384bd1.png

#94: LEGO MARVELs Avengers (PS4)

1L6f4311.png

#95: LEGO MARVEL Superheroes (PS4)

1L7fbcd0.png

#96: LEGO MARVEL Superheroes 2

I am going to put all of the entire LEGO MARVEL collection as one group because holey moley these games were LONG. Each also had its own problems. LEGO MARVEL Avengers was basically a retelling of the Avengers and Age of Ultron movies with a few other movies sprinkled in as middle levels. It wasn't too bad but having to 100% seven mini-hubs as well as Manhattan was meh.

Then we have the original LEGO MARVEL Superheroes and this game was painful. The flight controls are very jank - you might accidentally stop flying and plummet like a stone which means you can fail the flying races by accidentally dropping to the ground, there were a few races on the helicarrier that would drop you off the helicarrier if you lost, and the levels were boring as heck. Worse, you might miss a golden brick and hit 99.9% because the map was poorly executed. It only showed 99.9% of the collects. Still some of the quests had funny dialogue.

Finally we have the worst of the lot, LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2. Don't get me wrong, this story was awesome and the characters were sweet as honey... but there were a ton of glitches and bugs that made getting some collectibles reset-heavy and the races usually required a certain thing like you had to ride a motorbike or you had to use a web-slinger, which is terrible to control. :(

Still, I got through these games and enjoy their characters. The character creator in LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 was well detailed and I hope that I see something similar in LEGO DC Super Villains. Also, Blue Sky is going to be stuck in my head forever. ^_^

1L3ebc8e.png

#97: The Language of Love

1L265938.png
#98: Blackberry Honey

Okay, I allowed myself romantic visual novels for a reason: The games were done on Valentine's Day, and seeing images of people making out with each other is the closest I'll ever get to getting a kiss myself. Sad but true, I am going to die a bachelor. xD

These two games were made by Ebi-Hime, so feel free to check them out. Of course, if you are just burning through games for trophies... you'll miss a lot of story. *shrug*

1La090d0.png

#99: Warlock's Tower (Vita)

Yep, a duplicate stack. This is the Vita version. Nothing new here.

1L9c5a48.png

(100) Shantae and the Seven Sirens (PS5)

I know, there are a lot more iconic games than a PS5 stack for the big double-zero, but it was cool going through the Arena Town island again and this version had no loading screens, which meant that I got a better time on my 100% speedrun than I did last time. Also, muscle memory helped me get the 100% on the annoying shooting gallery in a minimum of resets. ^_^

Edited by Taruta13

• 4 weeks later...

Platinums 101-120

Yes, this is a big post, but for one reason...

Spoiler

1L23349a.png1L23349a.png

(101) Word Maze by POWGI (PS4)

(102) Word Maze by POWGI (Vita)

1L81e5e4.png1L81e5e4.png

(103) Wordbreaker by POWGI (PS5)

(104) Wordbreaker by POWGI (PS4)

1L6c2a48.png1L6c2a48.png

(105) Gaps by POWGI (PS5)

(106) Gaps by POWGI (PS4)

1L854532.png1L854532.png

(107) Flowers by POWGI (PS5)

(108) Flowers by POWGI (PS4)

1L2539ba.png1L2539ba.png

(109) Letterbox by POWGI (PS5)

(110) Letterbox by POWGI (PS4)

1L4ee43b.png1L4ee43b.png

(111) Just a Phrase by POWGI (PS4)

(112) Just a Phrase by POWGI (Vita)

1Ld8f06b.png1Ld8f06b.png

(113) Ladders by POWGI (PS4)

(114) Ladders by POWGI (PS5)

That's a whole lot of POWGI. xD

Yeah, I did these word puzzle games because I needed a lot of platinums with titles that had various first letters to join the Platinum Title A-Z club. :P

1Lfa018a.png

(115) Chicory: A Colorful Tale (PS4)

I bought this game to play with my little niece, but I didn't know how to play it with her so after fifteen minutes of frustration, I gave up on her. But I had to get this off my file so I just pushed through it and actually learned why everyone loves this game. There are very few scary parts(usually the boss fights but that's the only combat in the game) and getting all the collectibles was a bit annoying but the litter was the only really hard to find collectible. Also, the game crashed at start because I had too much paint in the world. It was painful having to erase the paint but it was necessary. If I decide to do the PS5 version, I hope it won't have those issues.

1L0fa27c.png1L0fa27c.png

(116) Mix Ups by POWGI (PS4)

(117) Mix Ups by POWGI (Vita)

1L33f503.png1L33f503.png

(118) Fifty Words by POWGI (PS4)

(119) Fifty Words by POWGI (Vita)

More POWGI.

1Lab2652.png

(120) SaGa Frontier Remastered

And finally my 120th platinum! This game was a classic on the original PSX and one of my favorite PSX games, and it was nice they brought it back and added in the cut Fuse content in their own way. Some of the grinds were tough and the Pushing the Limits trophy was a pain to get even with decent stats but it was worth it. ^_^

Platinums #121-130

Spoiler

1L5d8f49.png1L357fd2.png1L778412.png

(121) Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom

(122) Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery

(123) Lost Grimoires 3: The Forgotten Well (PS4)

Another Artifex Mundi trilogy, this time involving ateliers! Sadly, not Rorona or Lyza, but they are female alchemists and you do have to do alchemy minigames to mix up potions after collecting the ingredients. The stories are straightforward and there is not too much to them, but the alchemy minigames in the second two titles are straight out of Bejeweled and frustrated me a few times. Not really interested in downloading the PS5 version of Lost Grimoires 3. Yes, this title has a version stack because that was when Artifex Mundi went over to the Dark Side and found they could get more players by introducing cross-buy. :(

1L690809.png

(124) One Word by POWGI (PS4)

Yes, another POWGI title because I needed a platinum trophy with a name starting with "Q." It's basically word searches to complete quotes from famous people, but you only need to complete 32 of these puzzles to get the platinum, no miscellaneous trophies.

1Le829cd.png

(125) Wild ARMS (PS4)

I loved this game and did all the exploits when this got to #43 on the PS5, and I made it a major milestone on the PS4. This game is great music, decent graphics, and a dupe glitch which lets you max all stats very fast. (I didn't max all stats as that was pointless, but i also duped a ton of Lucky Cards to get everyone to Level 53 by the end.)

1L6315ec.png
(126) One Word by POWGI (Vita)

Same verse, ruff said. :P

1Lff17a5.png1Lff17a5.png
(127) Book Quest (PS5)

(128) Book Quest (PS4)

This is a very short adventure with only three bosses, but boy are those bosses mean! You respawn where you die so death isn't punishing, just a painful annoyance that resets the battle. You get all the trophies for completing the story and getting 100 coins(you'll get this by opening chests) and 50 berries(which are easily plucked from many bushes) and while you don't get an upgrade trophy, I suggest buying the Mana Master Ring for 125 coins when you get that much because you'll be spamming your magic attack a lot.

1L295ac2.png
(129) The Deadly Tower of Monsters

I don't know why this game keeps making it onto my list. xD

It's cheesy and funny and you don't have to fight the final boss, but man the climb to the final checkpoint is annoying and it's easy to die from fall damage. I mean, you're climbing a biga$$ tower. :P

1Le076ee.png

(130) LEGO DC Super Villains

There were several tech issues with this game, but other than a few softlocks forcing me to close the game and restart it, and one frustrating bike race over a lava bridge(don't ask), I managed to get this out the door. It's an interesting take on the custom character creator and the fact that the majority of your characters are baddies and you get rewards for doing bad things like stealing stuff. There's even an evil rank system that causes cops to attack you like in GTA, but it never gets too bad, the worst you deal with are armored guards with laser rifles and you have to b really stupid or unlucky to remain in 3-star wanted rank forever. (I accidentally got the Most Wanted trophy by having Rookie attack a cop and she targeted a civilian and murdered her instead. xD)

Play for the laughs, stay for the funsies. ;)

Edited by Taruta13