Is the Plat/100% doable for a complete noob?

SabiFranjo96

Hello,
I've gotten this game a couple of years ago, never made it past the tutorial since I wasn't particularly interested in it. Now I heard that Overwatch 2 is coming out and it's unclear how it will affect the trophies of the first game, I thought I'd push myself to do it if it's realistically doable.

So basically my question is: Would someone who didn't play the game at all, who is not particularly excellent at shooters (not awful either) be able to get at least the plat before the second game launches? I don't necessarily need 100%, but the plat would be nice. I know it's supposed to take hundreds of hours, but how skill dependent is it?

11 hours ago, SabiFranjo96 said:

Hello,
I've gotten this game a couple of years ago, never made it past the tutorial since I wasn't particularly interested in it. Now I heard that Overwatch 2 is coming out and it's unclear how it will affect the trophies of the first game, I thought I'd push myself to do it if it's realistically doable.

So basically my question is: Would someone who didn't play the game at all, who is not particularly excellent at shooters (not awful either) be able to get at least the plat before the second game launches? I don't necessarily need 100%, but the plat would be nice. I know it's supposed to take hundreds of hours, but how skill dependent is it?

As someone who started playing in the last couple of months, I find the trophies both skill and luck dependant. Some characters take more time than others to become proficient in their abilities for a match. The luck part I find is being in a match with right conditions for the the relevant trophy to be possible ie enemy team all grouped up together or another player uses their ultimate which you need to boost an ability of yours to get a trophy etc. 

• Like 2

Depends if you have a group to queue with or not tbh. Most trophies are fairly easy especially in a group who can support with other ultimates and abilities, solo makes it significantly harder. 

But still quite some luck and skill is required for the lava is floor and especially zen's orb of discord trophy. 

Played the game a lot on pc but haven't it touched it on Playstation. 

No. If you don't have a team, it's going to be very, very difficult.

I guess I need to explain why. It's harder now than it used to be because of a number of circumstances.
1) They added a stupid spinning ball with a huge amount of HP to the game.
2) In the quick game, the roles are distributed so that you have to try very hard to fulfill the condition to kill four players. Two tanks and two healers is a lot of health and a lot of healing.
3) You will need someone to heal you and, for example, Zarya, who will gather enemies with ult. This is very rare in the arcade because tanks and healers are not as popular as attack characters.
4) Some trophies require outrageous luck. Like Zenyata trophies.

Edited by voxman90
  • Like 2

On 7/19/2022 at 4:05 PM, black__bunny said:

As someone who started playing in the last couple of months, I find the trophies both skill and luck dependant. Some characters take more time than others to become proficient in their abilities for a match. The luck part I find is being in a match with right conditions for the the relevant trophy to be possible ie enemy team all grouped up together or another player uses their ultimate which you need to boost an ability of yours to get a trophy etc. 

This is pretty much it. It takes some skill, but luck plays a very large part of it all. Someone else said it's easier with a group, but not really that much easier as you still have to have certain things play out the right way. I've been playing since release and I still haven't got the 'Floor is Lava' and a few others. I'm not saying it's impossible for you as you could end up being the luckiest person to play the game, but realistically I don't think you will be able to do it in just a few months.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

most of the trophies are extremely luck dependant to get them through normal play but if you do it with a boosting group every trophy can be done easily i would sugest that if you are going for it start farming for wins and levels because usually people that boost this game only do the character specific trophies but you can do everything until early octomber before blizzard thanos snaps overwatch 1. about the trophies its unclear how this will effect them they may keep the same list modify some of the trophies to unlock under new requarments for overwatch 2 and add a dlc list for the new game or they may retier the list completly and have a new one just for overwatch 2 its a big risk and if you want to have the trophies for this game completed you should go for it now before its too late.

• Like 1