"Stackable" gear cheesable?

Hey mates,

is it possible to "cheese" these items, which stack? For example, the one that shoots a water-projectile, whenever a water-elemental attacks. There are 3 steps in that item, every subsequent collection raises the power, but you need to find the 1* item first before you can even find the 2*.

My question now: Is it possible to "save-scum" this? Lets say you have 2* of a certain item already and you save. You proceed with your run and you don't find it. Can you simply reload the save and try again, or is the seed set? 

Wasn't able to try it out yet. Thanks for any feedback.

Having been doing this for the past 20 hours or so and still needing three more I can share what I have found and it's not amazing news but its better then none.

Save Scum and then rerunning the same stage will net you 0 changes in dropped items, yep 0, the only change is the in game tasks like not being hit or combo will not be the same. I am not sure if that is the same case for every room or just the next room coming up, I just assumed it was preset at the start.

However when you get two a door select and there are two doors making a save here has worked for me a few times.
Two reasons the first is the dropped items are different for each location so if your sitting on equipment 2/3 and did not get it on the left door reloading the uploaded save and trying the right door might workout it has for a me a few times as even the shop will sell different items, second if there is a boost of say dropped fire rate increase and you turn that on this will change most of the drops for that area if you don't get what you want you can reload and not pick the boost fire option and it the drops will be different. 

Lastly the items that the cat gives you at the start of certain floors is also different between the two rooms as well, I've picked door left then reload and picked right only for the cat to give one of the level three items I needed but the odds are still rather low. But reloading the save and picking the same room he will just give you the same items, it's only different between the two rooms again. 

Outside of this there is no other cheese method found so far that I could come up with or find, it's a painful trophy for some, myself included.

Edited by fisty123

On 21.7.2022 at 3:44 PM, fisty123 said:

Lastly the items that the cat gives you at the start of certain floors is also different between the two rooms as well, I've picked door left then reload and picked right only for the cat to give one of the level three items I needed but the odds are still rather low. But reloading the save and picking the same room he will just give you the same items, it's only different between the two rooms again. 

Just to be sure though: You already had the level two item beforehand, right? It didn't give you the level three item straight ahead.

Also, thank you for the information about the saves and doors. Good luck with that nasty trophy :-)

one more noticable is:

the sequence entering each zone in the room will make the accessories selling in shop zone slightly different,

but you may better try this at later stages, as retrying on every sequence is very time consuming.

Edited by ShijouLime

15 hours ago, DerSaffe said:

Just to be sure though: You already had the level two item beforehand, right? It didn't give you the level three item straight ahead.

Also, thank you for the information about the saves and doors. Good luck with that nasty trophy :-)

Yes that is correct, Needs to be in order, it needed another area to explore to help with these odds.

5 hours ago, rodhenry8 said:

I have been doing that, I get one of the acessories I want, save, and go all upper road, If I don't get luck, get my save and go all bottom road. So far it worked 4 times, But I stil need 4 more. =|

Yeah I know that pain all to well, still sitting on three left feels like I have forever now.

5 hours ago, ShijouLime said:

one more noticable is:

the sequence entering each zone in the room will make the accessories selling in shop zone slightly different,

but you may better try this at later stages, as retrying on every sequence is very time consuming.

Ah did not think of that, might give it a try if I get to the point of pulling my hair out which is coming soon.

13 hours ago, ShijouLime said:

one more noticable is:

I didn't quit get this, could you explain more pls?

Edited by rodhenry8

3 minutes ago, rodhenry8 said:

I didn't quit get this, could you explain more pls?

I think what he means is, the offers in the shop depend on the "timing" you enter them, for example:
do 3 rooms -> shop -> offer 1
do 4 rooms -> shop -> offer 2
do 5 rooms -> shop -> offer 3

So, the shop offers varies depending on how many rooms you went through before you visit the shop for the first time.

26 minutes ago, DerSaffe said:

I think what he means is, the offers in the shop depend on the "timing" you enter them, for example:

So, the shop offers varies depending on how many rooms you went through before you visit the shop for the first time.

Ah ok, thanks for explaining it. Oh my, this will be more time consuming than before ^^"

3 hours ago, DerSaffe said:

Thanks for explaining, that's approximately what i meant.
But I still don't understand exactly the mechanism, after testing several routes on a map as below:

[Starting Area]

|

[Area1]

|

[Area2]-[Area3]-[Exit]

|

[Area4]

|

[Shop]-[Area5]-[Area7]-[Area8]

|

[Area6]

Route_A : 1 > 3 > 2 > 4 > 5 > Shop = Combination A

Route_B : 1 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > Shop = Combination A

Route_C : 1 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 7 > Shop = Combination A

Route_D : 1 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 7 > 2 > Shop = Combination A

Route_E : 1 > 3 > 2 > 4 > 5 > 6 > Shop = Combination A

Route_F : 1 > 3 > 2 > 4 > 5 > 7 > 8 > Shop = Combination B

Route_G : 1 > 3 > 4 > 2 > 5 > 6 > 7 > Shop = Combination B

Route_H : 1 > 3 > E > 4 > 5 > 7 > 8 > Shop = Combination B

Route_I : 1 > 3 > 2 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > Shop = Combination B

Route_J : 1 > 3 > 4 > E > 2 > 5 > 7 > 6 > Shop = Combination A  (what???)

42 minutes ago, ShijouLime said:

Thanks for explaining, that's approximately what i meant.
But I still don't understand exactly the mechanism, after testing several routes on a map as below:

[Starting Area]

|

[Area1]

|

[Area2]-[Area3]-[Exit]

|

[Area4]

|

[Shop]-[Area5]-[Area7]-[Area8]

|

[Area6]

Route_A : 1 > 3 > 2 > 4 > 5 > Shop = Combination A

Route_B : 1 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > Shop = Combination A

Route_C : 1 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 7 > Shop = Combination A

Route_D : 1 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 7 > 2 > Shop = Combination A

Route_E : 1 > 3 > 2 > 4 > 5 > 6 > Shop = Combination A

Route_F : 1 > 3 > 2 > 4 > 5 > 7 > 8 > Shop = Combination B

Route_G : 1 > 3 > 4 > 2 > 5 > 6 > 7 > Shop = Combination B

Route_H : 1 > 3 > E > 4 > 5 > 7 > 8 > Shop = Combination B

Route_I : 1 > 3 > 2 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 > Shop = Combination B

Route_J : 1 > 3 > 4 > E > 2 > 5 > 7 > 6 > Shop = Combination A  (what???)

Thats interesting, so it seems like there are only two possible combinations for the shops?
I wonder if the trigger, which changes the shop-loadout also affects the cat-drops in the next area, if there is a cat.

We know that choosing a different door leads to other drops, but maybe the cat-drops are also related to the same trigger as the shop-loadout?