Warp Speed Survive

Nuzzgok

Despite what the trophy says, you only need to launch the ship on "Strive to Survive". You can play on peaceful for the whole run.

Here's my strategy to get this done easily and quickly (30-40 minutes):

1. Tribal Colony - make sure each member has the role of Gatherer, this allows them to travel the map and not starve. This is the most important factor
  2. Immediately upon starting the game, make sure difficulty is on peaceful and go to the world map and send 4 caravans off to different edges of the world. One will have to be left behind.
  3. Once all members are on the world map, highlight your colony and abandon it. This allows time to move faster.
  4. From here it is a luck game - eventually a ship will spawn somewhere on the world map. If your colonists reach their destination, just keep sending them walking up and down a small area so they keep getting berries.
  5. Once a ship spawns from the quest Ship to the Stars, send the nearest colony member there asap. All others can be ignored from now on, they can die. (?)
  6. Once arrived, start the ship up. Send your colonist to rest in the cryptosleep chamber.
  7. Wait 15 uneventful ingame days. On peaceful there are no raids.
  8. Once the ship is ready, pause the game, change difficulty to Strive to Survive. Resume and launch the ship. Trophy unlocked!

• Like 1

Did you start the game on peaceful before starting or did you do it once you got into the map for the first time? Going step by step the only difference i have done is pick peaceful before landing on the planet so that might be why i cant get it to work. 2.5 years is like 150 days i think so i know i havent run out of time. Ill try one more time starting on strive to survive first then switching to see

12 hours ago, OnlyCass said:

Did you start the game on peaceful before starting or did you do it once you got into the map for the first time? Going step by step the only difference i have done is pick peaceful before landing on the planet so that might be why i cant get it to work. 2.5 years is like 150 days i think so i know i havent run out of time. Ill try one more time starting on strive to survive first then switching to see

You may have to create the world on strive to survive and immediately change it to peaceful when the game starts. I know I only changed it back just before launching the ship (after the 15 day countdown, not before)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2022 at 2:25 PM, Xtree said:

Followed the steps and Trophy did not pop. Has anyone recently tried this and had the trophy pop? Not sure if maybe they patched it to where you can change the difficulty.

Same here. Tried multiple times, including changing difficulty to harder settings (after 15 day warm up for reactor) just can't get it to pop.

Anyone got any advice?

• Like 1

So I've just got this to pop. Not as fast as the the way Nuzzgok mentioned. But it wasn't working for me so this is what I did.

Start a new game with a small map. 

Picked crash landed, and selected a fairly balanced starting bunch of Members.

Picked Pheobe Chillax and Strive to survive.

Played normally for the first year. Prioritising getting survival meals unlocked and churning them out for the journey. Leaving the difficulty on Strive to survive (its not particularly difficult due to picking Pheobe and it being the first year)

Created a caravan (on 4th of Aprilmay 5501) and set off for the ship (13 day travel)

Once at the ship site SAVE THE GAME

Started the reactor still on Strive to survive. As soon as it started, paused the game and changed to peaceful.

Put all my members in the cryo pods and waited the 15 days.

Once the 15 days were up, changed difficulty back to Strive to survive, then launched the ship.

Trophie popped as I hit the credits screen.

Hope this helps someone. But still try the Nuzzgoks method first. This took me the better part of 6 hours to do.

• Like 2

On 09/09/2022 at 1:46 AM, hauntedhavoc said:

So I've just got this to pop. Not as fast as the the way Nuzzgok mentioned. But it wasn't working for me so this is what I did.

Thanks for your guide. Do you think having strive to survive on when starting up the ship could be the differing factor? There is something up with this trophy I think, as we've both had peaceful on at different moments and had it pop, so there is a workaround here somewhere

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 2:34 PM, Nuzzgok said:

Thanks for your guide. Do you think having strive to survive on when starting up the ship could be the differing factor? There is something up with this trophy I think, as we've both had peaceful on at different moments and had it pop, so there is a workaround here somewhere

I wonder whether it has something to do with the game recognising the change in difficulties. When I followed your way, the game popped the trophie for launching the ship, but not for the difficulty (was still within 2.5 years) 

It must be a variable within the save state that doesn't update quickly enough. Saving it at certain places may make a difference to force the game to acknowledge what difficulty you are on. 

• Like 1