The Dark Pictures: The Devil In Me - Release Date Trailer - Future Games Show Gamescom 2022

Wow, looks really good, and very SAW-inspired. Feels like they're exploring concepts that they started to mess with in Until Dawn. In general I've really enjoyed Suppermassive Games so far. I haven't played the Quarry yet, but so far the only game that fell flat to me was Little Hope. New exploration mechanics are certainly welcome in my book.

• Like 1

Just now, dieselmanchild said:

Looks spooky. And gorgeous! These Supermassive games are always a visual treat. They really should have released this in October to coincide with Halloween though, it would be a perfect game to get in the seasonal mood. 

I agree, but i think they wanted to be safe with the release date otherwise it would've turned out messy if it was rushed, I am looking forward though to this game, I really liked House Of Ashes, Man Of Medan & Little Hope and playing with a friend makes it even better.

5 minutes ago, II-BurnedSins-II said:

I agree, but i think they wanted to be safe with the release date otherwise it would've turned out messy if it was rushed, I am looking forward though to this game, I really liked House Of Ashes, Man Of Medan & Little Hope and playing with a friend makes it even better.

I’m always supportive of developers who would rather take their time and release a finished project, rather than rush a broken, glitchy mess to release just to meet an arbitrary deadline. So if they need more time that’s fine with me. Just a missed opportunity is all, these are some of the best horror games around and great to play with friends too!

1 minute ago, dieselmanchild said:

I’m always supportive of developers who would rather take their time and release a finished project, rather than rush a broken, glitchy mess to release just to meet an arbitrary deadline. So if they need more time that’s fine with me. Just a missed opportunity is all, these are some of the best horror games around and great to play with friends too!

Exactly, you get the gist and i understand that around Halloween time this would've been the perfect time to release but i think they needed more time to polish up their game for the release but my concern is that its also the month of GOWR and most of the people will go playing GOWR, but that's just me. 

(God Of War Ragnarok btw xd)

On 2022-08-24 at 0:52 PM, II-BurnedSins-II said:

Exactly, you get the gist and i understand that around Halloween time this would've been the perfect time to release but i think they needed more time to polish up their game for the release but my concern is that its also the month of GOWR and most of the people will go playing GOWR, but that's just me. 

(God Of War Ragnarok btw xd)

Yeah that’s a really good point. They are very different games and probably appeal to different audiences too, but in general it is going to be extremely difficult for any games releasing that month to compete with Ragnarok. ?

They might be better off just delaying it another month lol. Going up against a huge title like that can be detrimental to the success and hype of the game, like what we saw recently when Elden Ring came out and literally everyone and their mother abandoned Horizon Forbidden West mid-playthroughs to go play it.

Edited by dieselmanchild

On 8/26/2022 at 4:09 AM, dieselmanchild said:

Yeah that’s a really good point. They are very different games and probably appeal to different audiences too, but in general it is going to be extremely difficult for any games releasing that month to compete with Ragnarok. 1f615.png

They might be better off just delaying it another month lol. Going up against a huge title like that can be detrimental to the success and hype of the game, like what we saw recently when Elden Ring came out and literally everyone and their mother abandoned Horizon Forbidden West mid-playthroughs to go play it.

That's correct, when Elden Ring dropped then Horizon Forbidden West was nowhere to be found, everyone had their focus on Elden Ring and that is why its doing so perfectly but some still paid attention to HFW like me, It would be no wonder if this same thing will happen to this.