Patch?

Crypto151

• 1 month later...

Doesn’t seem to have been patched as of 10/11/22; game ran beautifully for the first 8 hours or so. The last four hours have been a constant struggle, with the game working fine for 15-30 minutes at a stretch, then all the sudden the framerate starts chugging, and a couple of minutes later, *boom*, back to the dashboard. I tried reinstalling as well as a full shutdown/reboot on the PS5 itself, didn’t seem to help.

EDIT/ADDENDUM: Since reaching the Moon, it has a new fun glitch where there will suddenly be a loud “pop” sound, then everything on the PS5 (including the home menu and notifications) goes mute until I close out the game. Happens primarily on the Moon, especially near the Blisk Base area, but has also triggered in the America and Russia levels.

Edited by Ashande

On 10/11/2022 at 8:02 PM, Ashande said:

Doesn’t seem to have been patched as of 10/11/22; game ran beautifully for the first 8 hours or so. The last four hours have been a constant struggle, with the game working fine for 15-30 minutes at a stretch, then all the sudden the framerate starts chugging, and a couple of minutes later, *boom*, back to the dashboard. I tried reinstalling as well as a full shutdown/reboot on the PS5 itself, didn’t seem to help.

It seems like if you travel too much the game starts dropping frames, inevitably leading to a crash. Usually happens to me when I'm collectible hunting. When it starts lagging I just run to a saucer point for the game to save and restart, which seems to be the only way to manage it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

It seems like if you travel too much the game starts dropping frames, inevitably leading to a crash. Usually happens to me when I'm collectible hunting. When it starts lagging I just run to a saucer point for the game to save and restart, which seems to be the only way to manage it.

Yeah, it was primarily happening during collectible hunting, and during one mission that I went into directly after finishing a pile of collectibles. Probably something weird in the code that spawns/despawns people and vehicles. ??‍♂️

Once I recognized it happening, I would just hit “quit” on the system menu any time it started acting up and load back in immediately. Didn’t even bother running back to the ship (it saves every time you pick up a collectible, anyway, and would respawn me at the nearest LZ when I came back in, so no great loss.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ashande said:

Once I recognized it happening, I would just hit “quit” on the system menu any time it started acting up and load back in immediately. Didn’t even bother running back to the ship (it saves every time you pick up a collectible, anyway, and would respawn me at the nearest LZ when I came back in, so no great loss.)

Does it? Maybe it's because I crashed instead of manually saving, but I had to deal with a few missing collectibles before I started running to the saucer and quitting.

4 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Does it? Maybe it's because I crashed instead of manually saving, but I had to deal with a few missing collectibles before I started running to the saucer and quitting.

So far as I could tell it does; the only thing I ever lost was progress on the Gene Blender once, when it crashed in the middle of hoovering up some hippies. But any time I picked up an Artifact or grabbed a Poster or CD, it would pop up the save icon. I don’t know - didn’t check, since they’re not needed for the trophy and the ones I found naturally + got for completing missions were more than enough to upgrade the weapons I was actually using - if it does when you grab the Furon Tech or not.

• Like 1