Steam guides and my tips/thoughts

MattPieti

I've been playing this for about a week now. Finished all the missions and just have a few trophies left to clean up. I have some things that I think are worth pointing out to people looking to pick this game up. First, here is a link to the Steam guides for this game, which include full encyclopedia collections, an achievement guide, a general guide, and an icon guide. There should be more than enough information there to help you get your 100%.

This isn't a particularly difficult game, but due to the nature of it, you're somewhat at the mercy of RNG. There may be times you just get screwed and lose a run with very little you can do. I'd say it's maybe a 3/10 in terms of difficulty and about 20-25 hours to get all trophies depending on how RNG treats you. Could be a bit more or less.

Some general information to keep in mind for trophies:

• 7/12 of the trophies are obtained just for completing each of the game's missions. You'll need to successfully clear each of them once.
  • There's a hidden trophy you may want to keep in mind as you play. Neglecting it may end up requiring one extra clear of any mission. What's worse, it's luck-dependent, so it could easily add a few extra hours to your trophy hunting. See the first spoiler below for more information.
  • The trophy for scouting 30 times should come naturally. Don't worry about it.
  • As mentioned in the Steam guides, you can get pretty significant progress toward your Encyclopedia completion by entering and retiring (in the :square: menu) any mission. Doing so will give you bullets and cartridges up to a certain point. Definitely use this to your advantage before you start farming.
    • As far as the requirements for filling your Encyclopedia after that, it seems like cartridges may require you to swap them onto your bullets rather than getting them in the first place, but bullets should count from everything except pre-mission summoning. The cartridges may be bugged and patched at a later date.
    • The route I used for filling the rest of my Encyclopedia is included below under the two spoilers.
  • Finally, there's one more hidden trophy that may seem buggy, but it's more a case of the description being vague. It's covered in the Steam achievement guide, but I've also included it in the second spoiler below.

Spoiler

Buggo Buster requires you to clear a mission with a Buggo bullet in your magazine. Finding a Buggo bullet is random, and unfortunately, it's designed to be a hindrance rather than a help. Even if you do find one, putting it in your magazine will make your run slightly more difficult. When you get the opportunity to add a Buggo to your magazine, I suggest you take it unless you're barely scraping by. If you don't get this by finishing the last mission, you'll need to do more runs until you get one and clear the mission.

Spoiler

Singulalady Scouter! requires you to get all the Singulaladies. You need to not only get them in your Encyclopedia, but actively "get" them through normal gameplay for it to count. I don't know of a way to check which ones you've gotten, but there aren't that many, so it's unlikely to be much of a problem.

Encyclopedia farming

Once you stop getting new bullets/cartridges from immediately retiring, you'll need to collect the rest manually. At this point, I made a list of the remaining bullets/cartridges I needed from the Steam guide and ran Monochrome Tactics with the following map path:

1. Straight forward into a one-star battle node. Try to finish quickly just to save time. If you're offered a new bullet, take it. If you're offered a non-new bullet with a new cartridge, I don't think it'll count toward your Encyclopedia, but you may want to take it anyway. If you don't find either of these but are offered a Scout Ticket, take it. Do this for the second battle node as well.
  2. Left into the event. The best outcome here is you compliment the girl's bear and get three scout tickets. Second best outcome is you get a quiz, answer it right, and win two scout tickets. The worst outcome is you get forced into a miniboss fight, at which point it's your choice if you want to sit through the fight or just retire and restart. Some other events can occur as well, with some being very uneventful.
  3. Straight forward into the treasure. This is mainly because it's quicker than getting into a fight since it's unlikely you'll get anything useful here. If you were given a Treasure Tracker in step 2, feel free to use it here.
  4. From here, the path splits depending on whether you want to prioritize bullets or cartridges. I suggest cartridges. a ) If you want to prioritize cartridges or the left node before the final rest point is a shop, go left now to reach a rest point. Select "Swap Cartridge" then select any of your bullets and, if you're lucky, you'll be given a new cartridge. b ) If you want to prioritize bullets and the left node before the final rest point is a rest or treasure point, go right for another one-star battle.
  5. a ) If you went with 4a, go right for another one-star battle. b ) If you want with 4b, go straight forward for a shop. Buy a Scout Ticket and use it along with any other tickets you have. Consult your list to see which traits may give you a new bullet.
  6. Go to the next event node. From 5a, this is straight forward. From 5b, this is to the left.
  7. Straight forward to the shop and do the same thing that was mentioned in 5b.
  8. Straight forward to the next node, which is either a rest, shop, or treasure point. Hopefully you know what to do by now.
  9. Take the only available path to the last rest node and swap your cartridge like in 4a.
  10. Retire and restart. If you got anything new, be sure to remove it from your list before starting the next run.
Edited by MattPieti
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I was actually putting together some information for a guide before I got side tracked from playing the game so it is good to see that someone put together that resource. Thanks for making the thread and alerting people to it.

Game is good too by the way for those wondering. Had fun with it.

On 9/22/2022 at 5:36 AM, Rozalia1 said:

I was actually putting together some information for a guide before I got side tracked from playing the game so it is good to see that someone put together that resource. Thanks for making the thread and alerting people to it.

Game is good too by the way for those wondering. Had fun with it.

Agreed. It's pretty fun, just a little buggy (no pun intended) and with a couple annoying grindy trophies. I heard the gameplay is similar to Slay the Spire, so I now kind of want to go play that game too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MattPieti said:

Agreed. It's pretty fun, just a little buggy (no pun intended) and with a couple annoying grindy trophies. I heard the gameplay is similar to Slay the Spire, so I now kind of want to go play that game too.

I agree. Might do Slay the Spire down the line myself, though from what I understand it'd be significantly harder than Super Bullet Break.

• 1 year later...

Took me over 5 hours to get the last couple of Cartridges 🤣 I wish I had the digital version because it feels like I've slayed my PS5's disk drive re-loading the game a million times. Fun game for a spell but super easy once you figure out the formula. Can't say I'd re-visit but I would play more if a sequel were to happen.