Survival 2.0 - Survival completely reworked

Beatminaz

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/09/2022 at 3:11 AM, Beatminaz said:

With season 3 survival has been changed quite a lot. Here are some of the changes. I'm not sure if all of these are new changes, since I did not play the game before this season.

- No village to defend meaning there is no way to lose a game in survival any more. You build your own stations, which can be destroyed, but you will not lose the game. Because of this, there are many open worlds that are well beyond day 100 which can be joined to get the trophy for survivng 100 days.

- You can't select settings like difficulty etc before you start a new world like before.

- There are no classes, and you can select any of the blessings that are available in the game. The level cap is now 50 (up from 10) which means you can select 50 blessings.

- The way to earn season xp now is by picking up purple xp tokens that are in chests and sometimes dropped by enemies. Bigger enemies always drop xp, and Jotuns and Saga bosses give more. You will level up while playing. I think before you got all the xp at the end when your Yggdrasil got destroyed.

- Jotuns are not roaming freely any more. They appear in set arenas that do not move. There are 4 arenas and Jotuns can appear in these.

- You can only sell a few items, mainly construction related items. But to get this item (Sindri's Foundry) you have to beat the Fenrir saga in survival. I bought wood, made construction items and then sold them. Repeated that until I got the trophy. 1 wood will give you 60 souls. Also doing the 3 saga missions gives a lot of xp and souls.

- Since you can create your own Fast Teleport now, the best is to place them by sorcerers, Jotun arenas and camps so you can get xp faster by teleporting between them. Every stronger enemy like werewolfs will always have guaranteed season xp drops. I did fast travelled between camps/beaches and then took down Jotuns when they spawned in arenas. I reached level 50 by day 40 in my own survival world but it can definitely be done faster.

- There are no merchants (unsure if they were in survival before)

- Days last twice as long now, 20 minutes.

These are only changes to the survival game mode

https://www.tribesofmidgard.com/2022/08/season3_survivalupdate/

https://www.tribesofmidgard.com/2022/08/season-3-inferno-saga-patch-notes/

Does this mean that the Valhalla Can Wait trophy is also easier now? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2022 at 4:23 PM, nojokaboom said:

Does this mean that the Valhalla Can Wait trophy is also easier now? 

Sorry for the late reply, but Saga Mode has not been changed. You can kill Saga bosses in survival, but I don't think it counts since the trophy says it has to be done in saga mode

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

The new season started on January 17th'ish and I just started yesterday to get to season level 50. Last trophy I need. I played most of the day, killed all the bosses and ancients, and made it to around season level 24. The last 25 levels will be a grind but just farm all the bosses that respawn and keep clearing camps. Definitely doable in a few days of playing.

My biggest piece of advice is to abuse those portals. Put them everywhere. 

• Like 1