Vehicle thefts exploding

Hey guys.

I'm playing solo the US version of saints row the third remastered on my ps4, I already played the European version in co-op and I didn't get this bug.

98% of the cars that appear on my saintsbook to steal and bring to a certain location explode. They just appear on my map, and in seconds they explode. The only time this doesn't happen is when one spawn and another spawn at the same time near me.

Now I'm doing some research, staying still at the location they exploded, and another car appears but it starts to catch fire and again explode.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

• 4 months later...

I'm having a similar issue that I've never encountered within SR3 before, but it's entirely halted my progress until further notice.

I'm on the "Status-Quo" vehicle mission, the game will spawn dozens of Status Quos around me as I drive around the designated area, but none of them are the "target vehicle" even though they literally are, which drives me up the wall because this is a colossal waste of time. 

I get sometimes there are specific versions of the car you need, so I wait and wait and wait, THEN before one of the markers pops up for the car, a little notification pops up saying the target car was destroyed and it unfollows the mission, then if I re-instate the mission, it just does it again. 

The fact that I have the car, and he won't take it because the mission is all buggy is wack. I'm not sure how to fix this, but I'm super close to just deleting and hiding this game.

Also, why do they proceed to place vehicles on rooftops, with no stairs or roof access. It'd be fine in SR4 where you have vertical mobility, but gameplay-wise, having to call or find a helicopter, to get another helicopter makes me want to punch someone.

Edit: Crazy how I moved onto another theft mission and I'm experiencing the exact same thing in OP's post now. The vehicle will literally spawn in front of me with white smoke then explode over and over and over again. Super weird, because even when you do get in them, they like slowly lose health and explode before you can drive them back in my experience, HUGE waste of time overall though. Super strange that after playing through this game 2 other times I haven't run into any of this until now.

Edited by Long-Ryde
new findings

• 4 weeks later...

The one I ran into this problem with the most is the Oppressor mission, the helicopter on the island. The way I ended up getting it to work was flying in with a VTOL and landing right next to it. Then I was able to grab it and move on without a problem. This generally works for those situations where there is only one of that vehicle and keeps exploding every time you approach it. 

• Like 1