Issue with trophies that unlock simultaneously on ps4

mariosF94

The following is happening on Need for speed heat. Whenever I unlock two trophies at the same time only one of them will pop and the other will bug out. Even if I try to earn it again it won’t unlock whereas other trophies don’t get affected and will unlock without issue. Only after restarting my console and redoing the one previously bugged trophy will it unlock. Later on, while going for the platinum, some collectible trophies will mandatorily unlock at the same time. I will back up my data beforehand in case one of them doesn’t pop to hopefully avoid starting another playthrough however, the timestamps won’t be back to back as intended if this bug occurs which might cause trouble? I don’t know. Tried rebuilding the ps4’s database, but to no avail.

The reason I didn’t post this in the nfs heat forums is because of what took place prior to what transpired above. I was playing for the first time on the zombie map classified (Call of duty black ops 4) going for two similar trophies. After meeting the requirements for both trophies at the same time only one of them popped up. The other trophy had unlocked but just hadn’t received a notification for it. Didn’t think much of it and went for other trophies in the same game right away. Each one I obtained afterwards unlocked but did not receive a notification for any of them. Restarting my system fixed that.

Both these issues occurred when obtaining two trophies at the same time. One bugs the second trophy from unlocking unless I restart my ps4 and get it again (nfs heat, has happened a couple of times) and the other bugged the pop up notifications but the trophies were unlocked (black ops 4, happened only once). I haven’t had the chance to try and unlock two trophies simultaneously again on black ops 4 or another game yet. So it begs the question: Is this a system/account issue or was it a coincidence and a onetime thing only what happened with black ops 4 and it’s nfs heat’s fault entirely? Anyone ever had a similar experience?

3 hours ago, mariosF94 said:

The following is happening on Need for speed heat. Whenever I unlock two trophies at the same time only one of them will pop and the other will bug out. Even if I try to earn it again it won’t unlock whereas other trophies don’t get affected and will unlock without issue. Only after restarting my console and redoing the one previously bugged trophy will it unlock. Later on, while going for the platinum, some collectible trophies will mandatorily unlock at the same time. I will back up my data beforehand in case one of them doesn’t pop to hopefully avoid starting another playthrough however, the timestamps won’t be back to back as intended if this bug occurs which might cause trouble? I don’t know. Tried rebuilding the ps4’s database, but to no avail.

The reason I didn’t post this in the nfs heat forums is because of what took place prior to what transpired above. I was playing for the first time on the zombie map classified (Call of duty black ops 4) going for two similar trophies. After meeting the requirements for both trophies at the same time only one of them popped up. The other trophy had unlocked but just hadn’t received a notification for it. Didn’t think much of it and went for other trophies in the same game right away. Each one I obtained afterwards unlocked but did not receive a notification for any of them. Restarting my system fixed that.

Both these issues occurred when obtaining two trophies at the same time. One bugs the second trophy from unlocking unless I restart my ps4 and get it again (nfs heat, has happened a couple of times) and the other bugged the pop up notifications but the trophies were unlocked (black ops 4, happened only once). I haven’t had the chance to try and unlock two trophies simultaneously again on black ops 4 or another game yet. So it begs the question: Is this a system/account issue or was it a coincidence and a onetime thing only what happened with black ops 4 and it’s nfs heat’s fault entirely? Anyone ever had a similar experience?

You've mentioned PS4,  so what I would recommend doing because a similar thing where trophies weren't unlocking at all is: back up ALL of your saves and delete your user. It sounds like your user is corrupt, which can happen. Something similar happened to me in 2020. I was getting signed out of my user the first time I booted up games, trophies were delayed or not popping at all and a myriad of other issues. Deleting my user fixed everything.

So I would actually try rebuilding the database first (try this again), then if that fails, back up your data and delete your user. It won't delete any games but it will delete [Save files, photos, videos, personalised settings]. So after creating the user, you will be able to re-setup your PS4 how you like it on your user and then download save games and off you go! Popping multiple trophies at a time! 

But something I have personally noticed is that if you unlock 2 or more trophies on PS5, then they will all pop but only maybe one or two (depending on how many will pop) will show on screen. Like Fall Guys New stack on PS4, I loaded it up and the platinum popped, but only about 8 trophies appeared on screen.

7 hours ago, Nitro said:

You've mentioned PS4,  so what I would recommend doing because a similar thing where trophies weren't unlocking at all is: back up ALL of your saves and delete your user. It sounds like your user is corrupt, which can happen. Something similar happened to me in 2020. I was getting signed out of my user the first time I booted up games, trophies were delayed or not popping at all and a myriad of other issues. Deleting my user fixed everything.

So I would actually try rebuilding the database first (try this again), then if that fails, back up your data and delete your user. It won't delete any games but it will delete [Save files, photos, videos, personalised settings]. So after creating the user, you will be able to re-setup your PS4 how you like it on your user and then download save games and off you go! Popping multiple trophies at a time! 

But something I have personally noticed is that if you unlock 2 or more trophies on PS5, then they will all pop but only maybe one or two (depending on how many will pop) will show on screen. Like Fall Guys New stack on PS4, I loaded it up and the platinum popped, but only about 8 trophies appeared on screen.

Hey there, thanks for the reply. I'll try rebuilding the database once more. As for deleting my user, I've thought of that to be honest but only as a last resort because I don't want to lose my trophy screenshots that are attached to each trophy. Speaking of which, if someone deletes their user what is unsalvageable and lost for good?

Small update: I played a new game today and had two trophies unlock simultaneously successfully, which means this is a need for speed heat issue specifically. Like I said previously, I'll back up my data before I unlock the collectible and activity trophies in case the bug persists. Fingers crossed!

Edit: Just got the platinum. Had one last drift activity to complete in order to unlock the following trophies "Drift, Drift, Drift", "The Brightest Stars" & "Be The Very Best"  all at once. This time I was playing in an online lobby. After completing the last drift activity with 3 stars I only get the "Be The Very Best" trophy which means the requirements for the other two trophies had also been met but did not unlock. I restart my ps4, download my back up data and complete the same activity once more. For some reason now I get the remaining two trophies simultaneously not just one of them and then of course the platinum trophy. Judging by older topics too, trophy bugs are somewhat common in this game. What a weird and annoying glitch.. Thankfully, I didn't have to start over.

Edited by mariosF94