Unable to copy the Transfer File

So, I bought the all the Project DIVA games exclusive to Japan (the Dreamy Theather trilogy), I played and cleared all the original PSP titles and now I just want to transfer my save file into Dreamy Theather to start the trophy hunting.

Problem is, I can't. I have all three transfer files in my PS3, but when I try to copy them over my PSP, I get two error codes: 80029721 and 80029509.

I checked what the issue is and basically it's all about the 2FA authentication. Long story short, you have to disable it and try again.

But there another problem! A few months ago Sony released a firmware on PS3 that makes 2FA mandatory on PS3 and Vita, and so it's impossible to log in without a device password. I can't disable it, and I can't proceed to copy the file offline either because the transfer process must be done with the account you have done the purchase with.

So, here I am, desperate to figure how to copy a damn file into my PSP. Am I screwed? Or there's an hidden way I don't know about? Any help is appreciated!

• 1 month later...

It's no longer possible to transfer PSP games from PS3 to PSP anymore, because... Sony. There are only two options I can think of:

1. Get a Vita, and download the transfer app from the Vita. Of course, you'll also have to copy your PSP save to the Vita. Once the prompt appears on Dreamy Theater to connect, have the app on the Vita set to file transfer mode. I'll assume you know how to read Japanese, or at least get the gist of navigating menus, so you'll eventually know if it works.

I'm not precise on this, but when you run the transfer app, it may fail to transfer your save to the PS3, because the app will recognize that your PSP file doesn't "belong" on the Vita (possibly to prevent cheating by DLing the save file from the internet). If this is the case, you'll also have to also download the PSP game to the Vita. If you don't own the PSP game digitally, well sorry, but you'll have to buy it. Anyway, load your save in the game, then overwrite the save so that the save file now "belongs" on the Vita.

2. Hack your PSP. Can't say much more, but I'm sure you can deduce what steps you need to do next.

In any case, however you get it there, as long as the app is on your PSP or Vita, it doesn't connect to PSN during the save file conversion to Dreamy Theater. I don't think it even checks if both consoles have the same PSN account. The process can be done on and offline.

One note: You'll have to load the app every single time you play DT1, but thankfully you're only required to do this once for the other two DTs, then rid yourself of all this file transfer nonsense afterwards.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

OP has already finished the game, but for any future prospective players stumbling upon this thread: you can still download the 接続アプリ (Link App) for all three Dreamy Theater games directly from your PSP -- provided you can get it to connect to your Wi-Fi network.

Though the PSP Store has been closed for years, the PSP does still allow you to log into your Japanese PSN account with a one-time password generated after enabling 2FA. After logging in and opening the now empty PSP Store, head over to ダウンロードリスト (Download List) and scroll through your purchase history until you find the 接続アプリ for each Dreamy Theater game. 

This should be particularly useful if you're running official firmware on your PSP and want to keep things as kosher as possible. UMD copies of the PSP Diva games are a lot cheaper than digital, and formatting my Vita to switch to my JP account was out of the question. I'll update later after starting the games if something I missed comes back to bite me, but the link apps are on my PSP and everything seems to be good to go.

• Like 3

I totally forgot to respond on this thread after the first reply. Yeah at the end I managed to do it, and the solution was actually pretty straghtforward. The problem concerns only the transfering process between PSP and PS3, so all I had to to was bypass that part and obtaining the transfer file directly on my PSP. During my research I stumbled across this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_GDD2tcwGE) and finding out that the Store was still operational was the key part of the whole process, So, I logged in the jp account on my PSP using the device password, headed over the Download List and downloaded every single transfer file. Simple as that :)

• Like 3