Reach max level with your Avatar guide?

mickeycdesign

I'm just about to finish up HB and so far CB, Qb, Wr, and Hb I did 2 minute quarters and do the highest challenges available. Gets about 900-1200 rep a game but CB you pretty much need a pick 6 every game for that amount. Thats why cb took almost 4 seasons and the offense positions take less than 3 seasons.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MrMahVulus said:

I've seen a few people knockout all 5 positions within minutes of each other. Anyone know of a way I can do that also? At least for the defensive positions?

It’s cross progression with the PS4 version, so probably just auto-popping the opposite version trophies 

1 hour ago, grigsby81 said:

It’s cross progression with the PS4 version, so probably just auto-popping the opposite version trophies 

ah! thats making sense. I'm just hoping to start the progress before it's too late. I'll try the 2-3 minute quarters to see if it helps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I've been grinding the PS4 version for a couple of days now (I've made a horrible decision). You need around 76,454 XP to get to level 30. So about 382,270 XP in total for 5 positions. My avatars are currently at Lvl 30 for LB, Lvl 26 for HB, Lvl 25 for QB & WR & Lvl 20 for CB.

There are two ways to grind this, you can either play legitimately for about 4 seasons per position or you can play the first two games of the pre-season, retire, rinse and repeat (your level & overall carry over to the next playthrough). The "2 game method" is better in my opinion because you only play 1 quarter in the 1st pre-season game and 2 quarters in the 2nd pre-season game & essentially earn the same amount of Rep/XP as playing two regular season, 4 quarter games.

For example, I can earn between 1,680 - 1,875 XP in about 12 minutes (from selecting my position at the FotF menu to retiring after 2 games) for my WR playing only the first 2 pre-season games (Arcade / 1 Minute Quarters). I'd pick the hardest weekly goal & completed any drive goals during the game. The only downside of playing the first 2 games is having to sit through the cut-scenes and holding :cross: to skip, over and over again.

I'll post a video on the QB, WR & HB positions another day.

My average points earned from "2 game method":

QB: 1,505 - 1,888 XP after 2 games (Arcade / 1 Minute Quarters)

QB requires the least amount of effort to earn XP. I picked the COLTS, which gives you 240 XP per game (which is the highest amount you can receive). The first hard weekly goal is to "throw 1 touchdown pass", which will get you 200 XP. I would throw long "Standard Pass > TE Attack (or TE Drive)" bullet passes to Michael Pittman Jr. :square:, which he would rarely miss. The throw would either lead to massive yards or a TD every time. You'll probably have enough time to throw a 2nd TD for extra points. In the second week go to SIDE ACTIVITIES and choose "Andi's Outreach Opportunities" on Tuesday for a bonus 100 XP and I chose the medium weekly goal for "scrambling for a TD" (100 XP).

WR: 1,680 XP - 1,875 XP after 2 games (Arcade / 1 Minute Quarters)

WR is among the easiest positions to earn lots of XP. I picked the BROWNS, which gives you 220 XP per game (no team awards 240 XP). The first hard weekly goal is to get "1 receiving TD", which will get you 200 XP. I would use "Standard Pass > TE Attack :square: (or TE Drive :cross:)". I would run the route properly for about a second, then run diagonally towards the center of the field and call for the ball with :cross:. If you scored a TD then that's 350+ XP for 10 seconds of work. In the second of week I chose the hard weekly goal for getting "25+ yards after the catch".

HB/RB: 1,467 - 1,870 XP after 2 games (Arcade / 2 Minute Quarters)

HB can be easy if you learn how to stiff arm, juke and exploit holes in the defense. I picked the SEAHAWKS, which gives you 220 XP per game (no team awards 240 XP). The first hard weekly goal is to "rush for a TD", which will get you 200 XP. If I wanted to catch the ball, I'd use "Standard Pass > TE Attack :triangle:" and run the route to the left side of the field and call for the ball, which would leave me uncontested most of the time. If I wanted to run, I'd use a combination of "Run > Inside Handoff > HB Inside Zone (or 26 Duo)" & "Outside Handoff > HB Stretch". This is the only offensive position I'd recommend at least 2 minute quarters because if the defense stops you, it will eat up too much time. You can always call a timeout to stop the clock but remember that running out of bounds does NOT stop the clock in pre-season games. I picked "10 yards per carry" for my 2nd weekly goal but you could also choose the medium challenge if you are not confident.

LB: N/A (Arcade / 1-2 Minute Quarters)

LB was the only position I didn't grind the first 2 pre-season games to get to level 30. It took me 4 seasons to max out my avatar. I was able to average 12-16 sacks a season to get the bonus 1,600 XP, while also relying on my teammates to get interceptions, pick 6s, sacks, etc, to earn extra XP. I believe I was averaging around 700 - 1,000 XP per game. I picked the BEARS, which gives you 240 XP per game (which is the highest amount you can receive, Panthers & Texans also offer max XP). I would run only Blitz plays such as "Formation > Nickel 2 > Over the Storm Brave" & "Man Blitz > Free Fire" and hope that the center would leave a hole in the middle of the defense for me to sack the QB. You can also try to bullrush the center, which I believe can be achieved by holding down on the Right Stick when you are near him.

CB: 905 - 1,150 XP (Arcade or Competitive / 1-2 Minute Quarters)

● CB is by far the worst position to earn XP because most of the goals are not realistic to complete in a small amount of time and the QB rarely throws in your direction. If you stay to close to the receiver you are covering, then the QB will avoid throwing to you but if you're too far away, the receiver can easily score a TD. The majority of your XP will be from your teammates sacking the QB, interceptions, pick 6s, fumbles, etc & drive goals such as "keep the offensive from scoring" & "3 & out" for 100 XP. I picked the BEARS, which gives you 220 XP per game (no team awards 240 XP). I've been running "Formation > Nickel 2 > Over the Storm Brave" & "Man Blitz > Free Fire" to pressure the QB into throwing. I chose "don't allow more than 2 TDs" for my first weekly goal, which is a crapshoot since it counts TDs scored by the opponent during the simmed parts as well. 

CB update #1:
I've been slowly improving with CB and earning more XP per game, while playing 2 minute quarters. I also learned that pressing down the D-PAD gives you a better camera angle. My new strategy is before the snap, I now go back 20-30 yards with my CB to get the QB to throw more my way (pic below). I actually ended up having 2 interceptions, 4 forced fumbles & 1 defensive TD in a game. I can pretty much get a fumble 90% of the time when tackling my opponent by flicking the Right Stick.

madden.jpg

Playing Full Seasons:

I'd only recommend playing a full season if you actually enjoy a position. I played through a full season at every position and the extra XP incentives are just not worth it. For example, during the 1st pre-season game as QB, the hard weekly challenge is always to "Throw 1 TD pass" (you will earn 200 XP). As the season progresses you get more time consuming challenges like "score 3 rushing TDs", "throw for 350 yards", "throw 20 completed passes", etc, for the same 200 XP. Also breaking the season QB TD record (or any record) only awards you 500 XP, getting 50 TDs in a season awards you 100 XP & completing your hard season goal is 1,600 XP but you only receive the points AFTER the season, not during. Just look at the drop off between getting my 1st, 2nd and 3rd TDs, compared to my 4th when there are no additional goals during a drive. The game rewards minimal effort.

COMIC-BOOK-3.jpg

Tips for playing a full season: 

- Winning games doesn't award you extra XP, so don't feel bad if you lose the Super Bowl (also Legacy points don't count towards XP).

- Remember to pick a Season Goal before playing your first game of the regular season. Also pick your Weekly Goal every week.

- If you're running the same play over and over again, choose RECENT PLAYS, as it's more convenient to access.

- Don't spend any time grinding Side Activities (Practice Drills) for 25-100 XP. 

- Cred is virtual currency to purchase cosmetic items and doesn't give you any Rep (XP). Once again, don't bother doing Side Activities, the extra buffs aren't noticeable.

- Breaking a season record will award you 500 XP but don't go out of your way for them as the reward isn't worth the time.

- Don't pick the hardest weekly goal if you know you can't complete it, for example "completing 20 passes" while playing 1 minute quarters. Same thing applies for "drive goals", don't pick "complete 8 consecutive passes" while playing 1 minute quarters.

- If you feel like 1 minute quarters is not enough time, then you can modify time by going to Options > Franchise Settings > League Settings.

EDIT:
Got the platinum for the PS4 version and the 5 avatar trophies auto-pop on PS5!

EDIT:
Posted a compilation video of my CB. The rest of the positions are self explanatory. 

Edited by Ryan Industries
  • Like 1