Ben Hur Trophy

tentou83

Try keeping to the inside on corners, a small drift is needed. Once you get in 1st place it’s best to boost coming out of corners then just defend by keeping 2nd place directly behind you. Also stick to the centre of the road to build your boost back up, don’t bother ramming anyone. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you can get in the top 2/3 for all 3 rounds while the other runners don't, you should get the trophy. For me i was 1st in the first round, 2nd in the second round and 3rd in the third round. When it ended, i thought i lost, but the trophy popped as i happened to have the highest points despite being 2nd and 3rd for the other 2 rounds. I got it on my second attempt.

• 5 months later...

@mickeyminime Exactly. First place gives 5 points, second place gives 3 points, and third place gives 2 points. The highest overall score I've seen any specific AI driver earn for the tournament was 7 points (5 + 2 + 0, or 5 + 0 + 2). So for the player to come in second place three times (3 + 3 + 3) or come in second place twice and third place once (3 + 3 + 2) will generate 9 and 8 points, respectively. While one AI driver consistently outraced me in the final lap, it was never the same driver. My winning run was similar to yours; I "lost" all three races by coming in second place, yet still won the tournament because I had the highest overall score.

On a non-Ben Hur note, when you ram an opponent into oblivion, that small pull-away camera shot behind you is pretty cool.

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 5 months later...

Not sure if it helps but I tapped drift through the corner instead of holding the button. Also boosted in small amounts so I never run out of it. When someone was next to me I rammed them every time 😅. What annoyed me was that you start the first race in first row, second in second row, and last race in last row. Could be it depends on overall points? Won all three races, got trophy and never went back 🤣.