Tomahawk and Explosive Rifle Challenges

HeartlessAnsem

Hi, I have the disc version of the game without DLCs and the Undead Nightmare Standalone Digital version with all the online DLCs. I tried multiple times but for some reason I can't unlock the Tomahawk and Explosive Rifle Challenges in the Undead campaign. Can someone know how to solve this without buying the DLCs of the Disc version ? Thanks.

• Like 1

If you have the same problem, I found a solution, and it should work with the disc version too. I did a backup and then deleted all the save files about the two versions of the game and deleted the game data, if you have the digital version also uninstall the game and download it again without the patch. This way I started from fresh a new game and rushed Blackwater and then Manzanita Post, gaining the Tomahawk and unlocking both challenges. I hope this will works with everyone else have this issue.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, mathiaskj said:

Can the trophys be done in Undead Nightmare DLC? and of not, how do i install the game without the patch :)

I can't answer the 1st part, but installing a PS3 game without a patch is as simple as...just installing it, lol. Neither disc nor digital installs the patch until you actually start up the game, and then you can simply refuse it. So, if you have it installed/updated- just delete those and reinstall. 

• Like 2

On 8/12/2022 at 8:18 PM, mathiaskj said:

Can the trophys be done in Undead Nightmare DLC? and of not, how do i install the game without the patch :)

Yes, I got Tomahawk and Explosive Rifle Challenges trophies in the Undead campaign. If you can't see them in the menu, follow the instructions me and Floorkiller74 wrote to remove the patch and hopefully should work ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have the GOTY disc version. Went to Rathskeller Fork, saved it, got the Explosive Rifle. Challenge didn't show up in the menu. Deleted the game and all the save files. Refused the update, went straight to Rathskeller Fork (even got a Tomahawk on the way - Tomahawk challenge didn's show in the menu), got the rifle again. Challenge didn't show in the menu.

Guess this just isn't going to work in Undead Nightmare.

Edited by Antiristus

1 hour ago, Antiristus said:

I have the GOTY disc version. Went to Rathskeller Fork, saved it, got the Explosive Rifle. Challenge didn't show up in the menu. Deleted the game and all the save files. Refused the update, went straight to Rathskeller Fork (even got a Tomahawk on the way - Tomahawk challenge didn's show in the menu), got the rifle again. Challenge didn't show in the menu.

Guess this just isn't going to work in Undead Nightmare.

Great. Now my main mission trophies aren't unlocking either.

• 2 months later...
On 12/12/2022 at 3:06 AM, HeartlessAnsem said:

Yes, I got Tomahawk and Explosive Rifle Challenges trophies in the Undead campaign. If you can't see them in the menu, follow the instructions me and Floorkiller74 wrote to remove the patch and hopefully should work 1f44d.png

Any help on how to kill a bat with the tomahawk easily? Also how do I refill ammo for the explosive rifle?

• 3 weeks later...

Came across a good glitch on the tomahawk challenges in regular story mode. I was working on Rank 4 (kill 5 enemies with the tomahawk without missing) in Tumbleweed but throughout the fight, I killed many enemies with my guns too. 

Just so happens that when I accomplished this, there were only 5 enemies left in the hideout. As I completed the hideout, Rank 4 mastery was completed but right after was Rank 5 completed as well. (clear a hideout using only tomahawks). “Tumblweed Cleared” appeared on screen and I got the trophy. 

This could be a nice time saving glitch if tested and confirmed by others!