AoF 2 vs Ryo, how??

Mr Karate was way easier than this one, I can't even win a single round vs Ryo in AoF 2. Can't grab him (except the first time, if he doesn't start a supers spam) due to him spamming grabs as well or using supers, his attacks have a longer range than mine, he blocks everything, counters any aerial attack, charges the meter and I can't have any opening in the meantime, instantly uses a kick the moment I'm in range.

I don't even understand how grab works either, even if our dicks are in contact I just throw a punch while he may even grab me from a punch distance.

Is there any way to beat him?

EDIT: hopefully ranting on psnp works everytime. You have to pray RNGess that you somehow manage to grab him like 4 times, then i suggest to try to use only Ground wave either after the last grab, when he gets hit by the previous ground wave or when he is going to land (not next to you).

Edited by VirtualNight

For Ryo, if getting close to him does not work, it's best to charge your own super move and play defensive until he throws his hurricane kick or a fireball, then punish him with your own super moves. Or spam kick/crouch kick, he has a stupid tendency to jump into your attacks.

For grabbing, you must be near him and press the circle+any direction button. But you really need to hug him in order for that to work.

Of course, no guide is 100% accurate because the old SNK games are a pain in the ass, that AI is a cheating monster xD 

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Copanele said:

For Ryo, if getting close to him does not work, it's best to charge your own super move and play defensive until he throws his hurricane kick or a fireball, then punish him with your own super moves. Or spam kick/crouch kick, he has a stupid tendency to jump into your attacks.

For grabbing, you must be near him and press the circle+any direction button. But you really need to hug him in order for that to work.

Well I just managed to pass him due to heavy luck i guess.

However he doesn't seem to give any opening after using any of the super, except when he does those multi-punches (if he doesn't cancel that).

Spamming low kicks is what I have been trying but his own low kick has a longer range than mine. He also definitely doesn't run into my attacks, not even once. He may get close but he always blocks.

He also likes to jump to me, air kick, and before I can do anything after blocking that, he grabs.