So that's it? I screwed it up?

Viper

So apparently, in order to get the side quest "To Kill or Not to Kill" which gives you the Avery's Map collectible....you're not supposed to activate the Newall's Crossing Metro Station. I didn't know this until just now and I activated this station like 3 days ago because...you know...I'm just playing my game the way it's supposed to be played.

So that's it...I fucked it up? Now I have to rely on someone else because of something I couldn't possibly know without looking it up, I'm just shit out of luck on this collectible? I can't STAND when games pull this missable mission bullshit because it wants to dictate how you play. 55 hours in and this just kills any kind of motivation I had...I almost just want to stop playing now. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure this has been patched now as I did the exact same thing as you did and activated the station without doing the quest. Reading all the guides, it says the collectable is missable if you don't do the Kill or be Kill quest. I had no trouble collecting it about a month ago and I never did the Kill or be Kill quest and it never even appeared for me in my quest list. I also never joined anyone else in multiplayer.

If you go to the apartment where the map is located, the door is open and you can just walk in and collect it.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TheTrophyBaron said:

Pretty sure this has been patched now as I did the exact same thing as you did and activated the station without doing the quest. Reading all the guides, it says the collectable is missable if you don't do the Kill or be Kill quest. I had no trouble collecting it about a month ago and I never did the Kill or be Kill quest and it never even appeared for me in my quest list. I also never joined anyone else in multiplayer.

If you go to the apartment where the map is located, the door is open and you can just walk in and collect it.

Now I'm really worried, apparently you're not wrong. I even found a video that says it was patched. But I went to the location and the map isn't there. :( 

EDIT: Seen some comments saying it appears after the "Broadcast" story mission. So I'll have to get there and check back.

Edited by Viper

34 minutes ago, Viper said:

Now I'm really worried, apparently you're not wrong. I even found a video that says it was patched. But I went to the location and the map isn't there. :( 

EDIT: Seen some comments saying it appears after the "Broadcast" story mission. So I'll have to get there and check back.

Ah yep I left the collectables till after finishing the story so hopefully you in luck.

8 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Always good to check a trophy guide for missables before starting a new game, especially a long one you probably won't want to replay for trophies. Hopefully it'll spawn for you without issue, though.

I did. I was using a video from the PST guide that labeled it as Semi-Missable...but what the video failed to mention was that you couldn't activate that Metro Station until that mission pops up and you finish it. I've been pretty careful with the collectibles so far, so I finally decided to check where the location of that quest was and I had to find out the hard way that I did one thing too many. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jacky_The_Ripper said:

But can you access Averys map when you never get the side mission? 

Yes, that's what I'm referring to. I activated the Newall Crossing Metro Station, which makes it so the "To KIll or Not to Kill" Side quest doesn't spawn anymore. But as long as you get passed the "Broadcast" main story mission, Avery's Map will be in the location it's supposed to be in.

I never got the side quest, the collectable is just in its proper location. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well happy to say I didn't screw it up got the trophies for the collectables, but there may be another positive here for anyone playing in the future. 

So I'm on the final mission, I had all the collectables I needed up to this point...plus I had 4 of the new collectables added with the Chapters. The trophy for all the Mementos popped when I hit 117, but I hadn't yet picked up the rest of the main game collectables yet. So it seems like the game is just counting having 117 total rather than all 117 from the base game. So if people decide to jump into the chapters while playing and pick up any of the 40 new Mementos they added with these...that's basically saying you only need 77 of the base game collectables. 

Could be true for the tapes as well...but I didn't pick any of the 4 they added with Chapters.