Question about corrupted save

TMC2k1

I booted up the game to do an impossible run to finally go back and get this platinum. The problem is, it's saying my cleared save file is corrupted. So I don't have impossible mode available to me. Is there anything I can do to get this working again? No clue why this happened. The save file image itself doesn't look corrupted. It shows a time stamp and details with an image. Wondering if this is a common issue?

Edited by TMC2k1

Once a save is corrupted for any game, all you can do is delete it and either restore a clean backup or cut your loses and start over from scratch :(. All I can think of is that your copy is faulty in some way, because other than some rare progression blockers and occasionally funky physics, I've never known this game to have technical problems of any kind.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

So I tried again and now it says "Load failed. Save game requires downloadable content that is missing or corrupted". I downloaded/installed some DLC before booting it up. I know I didn't have DLC when I played originally. Is this causing the issue?

1 minute ago, TMC2k1 said:

So I tried again and now it says "Load failed. Save game requires downloadable content that is missing or corrupted". I downloaded/installed some DLC before booting it up. I know I didn't have DLC when I played originally. Is this causing the issue?

If you install DLC, then remove it, your save will refuse to load.

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If you install DLC, then remove it, your save will refuse to load.

I just purchased and installed DLC that I bought before booting the game up for the first time in years. I installed them both twice. Is my save not working because I just installed DLC that I didn't have previously?

2 minutes ago, TMC2k1 said:

I just purchased and installed DLC that I bought before booting the game up for the first time in years. I installed them both twice. Is my save not working because I just installed DLC that I didn't have previously?

I've never heard of this happening before but that's not to say it can't happen, just that it's very unlikely/rare.