level 34 shortcut (dlc required)

luckyegg

so i was thinking about stacking this game and i tried something out and it worked. i started a blood and wine dlc only run (do new game plus blood and wine dlc only) then i backed out to main menu pressed new game plus and selected the blood and wine save and it spawned me in at the very start of the game as a level 34. i cant confirm if level 35 trophy would pop fine as i tried it on the 100 percent list but i dont see why the trophy would refuse to pop once u hit level 35

edit: so i tried it on an alt and i forgot to mention before u back out after creating the blood and wine dlc u first gotta do a manual save. i then popped the trophy fill all mutagen slots by equipping a mutagen in each slot (after i did the new game plus and start the base game at level 34) and i was able to pop purchase all skills in 1 tree so i assume al other trophies will pop fine asswel

Edited by luckyegg

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, LadyGallethX3 said:

Thanks this sounds handy, so can start reg game at lvl 34?

yes u can. U gotta create a manual first on blood and wine and select that save when u press new game plus(new game plus dlc needed). i tried on alt and was able to pop the level 35 trophies and a few others while playing so i assume al trophies will pop

10 minutes ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Or you can also just play this awesome game from scratch and enjoy it - it’s a world-class masterpiece, bit of a shame to just rush it for trophies…

i did play it from scratch. im still putting the information out there for people who wanna speedrun or stack it or have an easier time on deathmarch

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

You can also transfer a save where you're Level 35 or higher, rank up once more, and the trophy's yours.

i assume ur talking about the ps5 version thats good to know. i guess people can still be level 34 if they stack the other ps4 versions or never played the game before and wanna have extra skillpoints. this topic was created months ago so i not sure if the level 34 shortcut works with the latest patch

2 hours ago, luckyegg said:

i assume ur talking about the ps5 version thats good to know. i guess people can still be level 34 if they stack the other ps4 versions or never played the game before and wanna have extra skillpoints. this topic was created months ago so i not sure if the level 34 shortcut works with the latest patch

Ahh yes, my bad, seen all the recent posts for the game and failed to realize some are just for the PS4 version.

3 hours ago, Neef-GT5 said:

Or you can also just play this awesome game from scratch and enjoy it - it’s a world-class masterpiece, bit of a shame to just rush it for trophies…

My first platinum I played from scratch and I don’t like it when I am looking back. I prefer to play a Geralt with a bag full of potions, oils, bombs. He is a professional Witcher and the game should starts with some potions in his pocket. Starting the game this way is just due for me.

***Hasn’t Geralt already been a Witcher for 70-80 years? If his pocket or bag is lack of potion, what has he been doing all these years??** I kept asking myself the first time I played Witcher III.

If you start the game from scratch your Geralt is level one. You don’t have any potions, oils , or bombs.

If you start a ng+ with blood and wine only save. Your Geralt will have some basic potions, oils, bombs, one or two decoctions, and his level is 34. However, enemy level will be scaled accordingly and the story is starting from scratch. No one is ruining this goty

I always recommend my friends who are interested to buy goty edition and use blood and wine only to get a level 34 Geralt to start the game from white orchard.

You should try it too

Edited by archangeltw_

2 minutes ago, LadyGallethX3 said:

My friend told me I can turn off scaling in options, does this not work for harder difficulty? or he is just bs me.

Enemies are always one or two levels higher than you. If you turn on scaling, the game gets more difficult and enemies are still one or two levels higher than you.

On 15/12/2022 at 8:20 PM, archangeltw_ said:

My first platinum I played from scratch and I don’t like it when I am looking back. I prefer to play a Geralt with a bag full of potions, oils, bombs. He is a professional Witcher and the game should starts with some potions in his pocket. Starting the game this way is just due for me.

***Hasn’t Geralt already been a Witcher for 70-80 years? If his pocket or bag is lack of potion, what has he been doing all these years??** I kept asking myself the first time I played Witcher III.

If you start the game from scratch your Geralt is level one. You don’t have any potions, oils , or bombs.

If you start a ng+ with blood and wine only save. Your Geralt will have some basic potions, oils, bombs, one or two decoctions, and his level is 34. However, enemy level will be scaled accordingly and the story is starting from scratch. No one is ruining this goty

I always recommend my friends who are interested to buy goty edition and use blood and wine only to get a level 34 Geralt to start the game from white orchard.

You should try it too

and a nice chunk of gold

• 4 weeks later...

in the middle of getting the plat now and got to admit never having to grind for money is nice.  even got myself the blood and wine person unlocked fully without having to think about the gold.  i fully suggest to anyone playing to do teh NG+ if they have at least the knowledge of the basics of combat as lets you get a head start on any build your planning and i dunno about rest of you but im finding it makes the game easier in death march as you progress partly due to the abundance of ability points but also cos of the gold and the starting loot your given.