Definitive Versions and Original Versions

Now I understand that the games were released with many glitches and bugs, but from what I have played, these are far far better than the original ps2 versions. The graphics are far better, and the controls and gameplay are night and day.
And while I have had some visual glitches, all have been small and trivial. Imo, playing the original versions are not even that enjoyable due to the awful controls and dated gameplay. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, HonorableAbe said:

Now I understand that the games were released with many glitches and bugs, but from what I have played, these are far far better than the original ps2 versions. The graphics are far better, and the controls and gameplay are night and day.
And while I have had some visual glitches, all have been small and trivial. Imo, playing the original versions are not even that enjoyable due to the awful controls and dated gameplay. 

This was just an overblown problem by some influencers to push their followers. Bad news gets the most attention these days. I bought the Definitive Edition at release and loved the graphics, especially in Vice City. Back then there were only a few more bugs than today, it was never unplayable. I was satisfied.

Playability and accessibility have also been improved in the games. I once downloaded the original PS 4 Vice City from my library for comparison and found it unplayable after being so spoiled with the Definitive Edition.

And the lists of music titles that should be cut out weren't right either. Lists were released here on PSNP as well, but a lot of them were in game at release (Japanese Boy etc.). Who could have guessed that the Internet isn't always right.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 3

Getting the platinum for GTA 3 on the ps2 version was a very annoying and frustrating experience. Getting the platinum for GTA 3 on the definitive version was far more enjoyable. The button mappings on GTA 3 are very badly placed, that it makes the gameplay so irritating at times. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...