Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Kleidos Challenges Guide

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Kleidos Challenges Guide

By: Dinos/Bornz0r

[Copyright: This guide is property of Dinos/Bornz0r and PST.org. It may not be re-produced outside of the site without proper permission. If you do receive permission, please remember to give credit to the original author]

This guide will help you complete the Kleidos Challenges, whether you're playing on PoD(Prince of Darkness) or any other difficulty. Now let's dive straight into it!

(Special thanks to: FS-BasaKa for providing morale and information)

Reminiscences of Sapphire

The death of Chester
You will fight against 3 Dungeon Jailers.

I. Defeat all the enemies.
II. Complete the first trial without activating the Chaos Power.
III. Destroy your enemies without more than 20 seconds elapsing between kills.
IV. Complete the first three trials in one try.

How to beat Challenge:
Activate the Talisman of the Dragon to complete the Challenge and earn all of the objectives.

Infection: First seal
You will fight against 3 waves of 2 Soldiers of Satan and 4 Possessed Citizens.

II. Complete the first trial without activating the Powers of Void or Chaos.
III. Keep your concentration at the maximum level for 30 seconds straight.

How to beat the Challenge:
Use :l2: to dash forward near enemies, sync block one of their attacks and spam :triangle:, you will reach focus in no time. Now what you want to do is keep your concentration (focus) for 30 seconds, simply dash left and right using the :l2: and hit in between dodges. Once you beat that requirement go nuts and destroy all the enemies.

The agony of Sir Reginar
You will fight against 2 Harpies of the Depths and several waves of 3 Dishonored Vampires.

II. Attack and destroy all the Harpies using only projectiles.
III. Complete the first trial without breaking any shields or losing more than 50 life points to their life sucking attack.

Since you need to attack and kill the Harpies using only projectiles the best method is to switch to your Chaos Claws by pressing down :r1: and throw your Chaos Bombs to the Harpies :r2:, after you're done use the Talisman of the Dragon to finish the challenge.

Beating all the Challenges and getting all the objectives will reward you with the trophy: Kleidos Champion I

Recollections of Ruby

The torture of Sir Nualan
You will fight against 2 Dungeon Jailers and several waves of Dungeon Minions.

II. Get the Dungeon Jailers to kill 6 Dungeon Minions.
III. Kill 9 Dungeon Minions without recovering life by any means.

In order to get the Jailers to kill the Dungeon Minions you need to break their armor, they get angry and their Hammer is infused with fire. In order to break their armor simply equip Chaos Claws and throw your Chaos Bombs. Group the Dungeons minions close to them and jump in the air to avoid their attacks. After you've successfully completed the second objective, kill 9 Dungeon Minions using either the Chaos Claws or the Shadow Whip (You can't use Void Sword)

Alternative way of beating the Challenge: Kill 1 Dungeon Jailer, then whittle down the minions to minimum health and just keep moving. Once you get your Dungeon Minions kills you can use the Talisman of the Dragon.

The torment of Sir Torlios
You will fight against 4 Bloody Skeletons.

II. Destroy 8 Bloody Skeletons.
III. Complete the first trial without breaking any of the Bloody Skeleton's shields.

You must not break any of the Bloody Skeletons' shields, doing so will count your III objective as a failure. Equip the Void Sword :l1: and hold down :r2: and spam :triangle:. You will freeze every enemy near you, quickly switch to Chaos Claws or your Shadow Whip and kill them. Be careful: You need to let the blood to reach a pile of bones in order for more Bloody Skeletons to respawn. Repeat the process.

The madness of Sir Gerard
You will fight against 3 Dishonored Vampires and 3 Bloody Skeletons.

I. Defeat all the enemies using just the weapons authorized at each point in time.
II. Defeat all the enemies without recovering life with the Void Sword.
III. Defeat all the enemies without breaking any shields or using the Talisman of the Dragon.

This is a tough one, you need to wait until the Challenge lets you use both Chaos Claws and Void Sword. Quickly freeze all the enemies around you using :r2:+ :triangle: and then switch to Chaos Claws to kill them. Be careful: if you hit any of the enemies with the Void Sword will result to a failure.

Infection: Second seal
You will fight with Trevor against 50 Possessed Citizens. 

I. Defeat all enemies without Trevor dying.
II. Complete the first trial without activating the Void Power.
III. Complete the first trial without using the Relics.

This is an easy Challenge as long as you remember not to use any Relics or the Void Sword. Trevor will heal back when there are Blood Orbs near him. Dash into a large group of enemies and sync block quickly( :l2:), spam :triangle: and go mad! You can also use the Earthquake by holding down :r2: and spamming :triangle: or Fire Cover by holding down :l2:+ :triangle:.

Beating all the Challenges and getting all the objectives will reward you with the trophy: Kleidos Champion II

Reminders of Amethyst

The Keep
You will fight against 2 Brotherhood Clerics and several waves of Brotherhood Soldiers.

II. Kill 5 Brotherhood Soldiers while they are affected by the Silver Blessing
III. Kill 5 Brotherhood Soldiers with counterattack hits (after a synchronized block).

Fairly easy Challenge once you know what to do. The Brotherhood Clerics will either give a Silver Blessing making the enemies stronger or a Gold Blessing making them tougher. When a Cleric uses the Silver Blessing, it will affect all the Brotherhood Soldiers present at that time. You have plenty of time to kill all 5 Brotherhood Soldiers while the Cleric is casting the spell. The next thing you want to do is kill 5 Brotherhood with a counterattack, do not worry if you've killed all the Brotherhood Soldiers because the Clerics will spawn more. When you're ready to go dash near a Cleric and kill him, the most easy way personally I think is :square:+ :cross: and spam either :square: or :triangle: while you are in the air.

The Revenge of Channarong
You will fight against 2 Heavy Brotherhood Warriors and several waves of Brotherhood Soldiers.

II. Complete the first trial without 20 consecutive seconds passing with no Blood Orbs in the area.
III. Complete the first trial without hitting the Heavy Warriors in close combat or using the Talisman of the Dragon.

Another easy one, kill some Brotherhood Soldiers and immediately equip the Chaos Claws and spam using :r2:+ :triangle: Earthquake.

Infection: Third seal
You will fight against 2 Riot Mechs and several waves of Riot Police.

II. Complete the first trial without losing more than 50 life points from enemy shots.
III. Destroy each of the Riot Mechs' weapons.

I strongly suggest you being quick during this Challenge in order to avoid the enemy shots. You need to destroy 6 weapons in total:  2 Missile launchers, 2 Flamethrowers and 2 Cannons. You can destroy the Flamethrowers and the Missile launcher by throwing your Chaos Bombs ( :r2:), the Cannons can be destroyed with the help of Void Projections. After you've earned the Objective you can use the Talisman of the Dragon to finish the Challenge.

Infection: Fourth seal
You will fight against 1 Horned Demon and several waves of Possessed Citizens.

II. Destroy the Horned Demon attacking only when it is frozen.
III. Complete the first trial without more than 30 seconds passing with no experience gained.

You need to be very quick in this Challenge, use Void Sword to freeze the Horned Demon and then hit him using your Chaos Claws or your Shadow Whip. You have 3 seconds (frozen) to hit him. If you hit him while he's not frozen you will fail the Challenge. Also don't forget that you need to keep killing the Possessed Citizens in order to keep the countdown active, they are not hard to kill use your Shadow Whip.

Beating all the Challenges and getting all the objectives will reward you with the trophy: Kleidos Champion III

Memories of Emerald

The dead arise
You will fight against 40 Servant Corpses.

II. Complete the first trial without having been grabbed by the Servant Corpses for longer than 10 seconds total.
III. Kill 5 Servant Corpses in a single series of hits from the air.

In order to kill 5 Servant Corpses in a single series of hits from the air you need to equip your Void Sword, dash into a bunch of enemies and use your :l2:+ :triangle: to group them around you. Jump and switch to Chaos Claws and hold down :l2: and spam :triangle: that will give you the 5 kills needed. Now for the rest of the Challenge you can easily avoid getting grabbed by them by double jumping. You can use the Talisman of the Dragon if you want to finish the Challenge.

Infection: Fifth seal
You will fight against 3 waves of Dark Monks.

II. Complete the first trial without the Dark Apostle surviving more than a total of 40 seconds.
III. Complete the first trial without spending more than 20 seconds straight at under 100% life.

Make sure you are full health going into this Challenge and avoid getting hit by the Dark Monks. Dark Monks die very easy, you can abuse the very overpowered skill Earthquake, switch to Chaos Claws hold down :r2: while spamming :triangle:.

The battle of Niflhel
You will fight against 1 Paladin and 3 Heavy Brotherhood Warriors.

II. Get the Paladin to break the armor of all Heavy Brotherhood Warriors without him killing any of them.
III. Complete the first trial without the Paladin keeping the swords together for more than 20 seconds straight.

This is a tough one to beat, you need to equip your Chaos Claws and throw your Chaos Bombs ( :r2:) to the Heavy Brotherhood Warriors, but don't break their armor because you will fail the Challenge. One Chaos Bomb will do the trick, now you want the Paladin to break their armors, simply dodge between him and the Heavy Brotherhood Warriors and he will break their armor in no time. After you beat that objective you can use the Talisman of the Dragon to kill the the 3 Heavy Brotherhood Warriors and fight the Paladin alone. You will get this one do not stress yourself like I did.

Infection: Sixth sealT
You will fight against 4 Riot Police and 2 Dark monks.

II. Survive until the Dark Monks have invoked 12 Possessed Citizens.
III. Get 12 Possessed Citizens to die from the Riot Police mines.

This is ridiculously simple, all you need to do is jump around all the time. The Dark Monks will form portals and Possessed Citizens will spawn, they will kill themselves by going to the mines set down by the Riot police. After you've earned them you can use Talisman of the Dragon, or spam Earthquake :r2:+ :triangle: with the Chaos Claws equipped.

Infection: Seventh seal
You will fight with Victor Belmont against 75 Servant Corpses.

I. Defeat all the enemies before the amount of Servant Corpses reaches 20.
II. Complete the first trial without activating the Powers of Void or Chaos or using the Relics.
III. Kill 25 Servant Corpses before Victor Belmont does.

Now Victor is kinda cheeky, he will use his attacks when you have already lowered the health of the Servant Corpses resulting him getting the kills. In this challenge you can't use any Relics, Void Sword or Chaos Claws. The only thing you can do is be quick and spam :triangle: until they start crawling towards you, then spam :square:. You will beat the challenge as long as you're fast.

Beating all the Challenges and getting all the objectives will reward you with the trophy: Kleidos Champion IV
Beating all 4 Challenges will reward you with the trophy: Kleidos Hero
Beating all 4 Challenges on PoD will reward you with the trophy: Kleidos Legend

In order to perform the Earthquake (Chaos Claws and :r2:+ :triangle:), Chaos Bombs (Chaos Claws and :r2:), Void Projections (Void Sword and :r2:) you need to have your Shadow Daggers selected( :up:).

We have got a new guide system now. You could port it there I suppose? Im not sure if the guide system is open to regular members yet.... :unsure:

I have no clue, I simply saw that there were no threads created for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and took the liberty to post my Guide.:P

Thanks for the guide. by the way, did you finished this with Prince of Darkness Difficulty?

By the way bro, will you be able to create video walkthroughs for the kleidos challenge? Maybe it's too much to ask for... :) but thanks in advance. Promise I'll give a like to all of the videos and share them :)

Edited by bindoyid_16

Thanks for the guide. by the way, did you finished this with Prince of Darkness Difficulty?

By the way bro, will you be able to create video walkthroughs for the kleidos challenge? Maybe it's too much to ask for... :) but thanks in advance. Promise I'll give a like to all of the videos and share them :)

Yeah I completed the trophies of the game to 100%

Unfortunately I cannot record.. Sorry..

I know this post was intended to be about the Kleidos Challenges, but you did say that you completed 100%. Do you know if you can achieve "The Prince of Darkness" trophy by changing the difficulty level in the Configuration menu then selecting New Game +, rather than starting a fresh new game?

I have no clue, I simply saw that there were no threads created for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and took the liberty to post my Guide.:P

If you would like to port your guide you can do it starting with this link

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2458-Castlevania-Lords-of-Shadow-2?guide

Nice guide btw.

Thanks for the tips OP. Really helping me out, although I'm stuck on that damn Paladin trial!

Have attempted over 100 times.....no exaggeration! Even when I do manage to kill off the 3 heavies with the amulet the Paladin does me in!!!

Arrrrgh....this is driving me mad!!!

Edited by MISTMAN

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

im doing this most annoying and boring part of the game.

But if I fail a challenge, my magic and health doesnt go back to full, so every single time i fail a challenge i gotta run to a well somewhere and reheal on monsters, then restart the challenge.

Everytime i attemp a challenge for 1-2 mins, then  gotta go use the wolf portal to downtown, get my magic back, heal on an enemy, and soon im gonna need to restock on relics, so ill have to farm experience very single time i wanna do a 2 mins challenge, ill be spending 30 mins to1 hour farming. Is there a way to prevent the auto save or somethihng this or something

Edited by Lilth

• 1 month later...

Decided to go back and finish up the challenges, so this will be a lot of help I'm sure.

every single time i fail a challenge i gotta run to a well somewhere and reheal on monsters, then restart the challenge.

It's just, so, annoying! They really should have put a well in the Chupacabra area or something. Wasting a lot of time going through different loading screens.

Decided to go back and finish up the challenges, so this will be a lot of help I'm sure.

It's just, so, annoying! They really should have put a well in the Chupacabra area or something. Wasting a lot of time going through different loading screens.

Yes it was quite annoying.. but I really loved the game though, I feel like I did the challenges pretty quickly, only took a few hours, but still, most of the time was running to go get healed up

• Like 1

What I'm doing to stock up on magic is playing 'The Keep' to get a combo going with the soldiers and lots of blood orbs, doesn't take long to get chaos and void full, seems to be a good place to master moves too if it's needed. When I want to get health, I just go to the Chupacabra shop, go up the elevator, and use the healing potion thing. I only have to heal up if I complete a challenge, If I fail a trial I just die so I can try again with full health. Saving myself from going through loading screens and travelling, less of a pain to do now.

• Like 1