Very fun game, but slightly buggy

Kizer26

This game has been a lot of fun, but there are definitely bugs at the time of writing this. That being said, none of the bugs are really game breaking, just things to look out for. None of the bugs affected trophies and overall I would still recommend this game.

• Talking to a transitioning character (ex: working animation into walking animation) can softlock the game. This is the only severe bug in my opinion, but it only happened to me once for me.
  • You don't usually receive the food after cooking (though the trophy still tracks)
  • Cooking food will often remove the entire stack of ingredients from your inventory, so using 1/20 would remove all 20.
  • The game lets you buy any number of food (probably all items), but only lets you hold 99. So if you have 99 of an item, and buy more, you don't get the items but still spend the gold.
  • Potions in the Post Drop Box are sold midday, and potions put in after pickup will remain there for the next day's pickup. But if you quit after sleeping, with potions in the Post Drop Box, those potions are deleted instead of sold or returned toy your inventory.
  • A number of quests seem to have the wrong times written down. The only mechanics I know of that should affect this are if the characters involved are sick or if your rating is low, and neither of those were the issue. I'd go to do the quest and nothing would trigger, so I'd try the next possible day at an earlier time and the quest would continue just fine. If there's another possible factor that makes a quest event not trigger then this may not be a bug.
  • I had a ghost patient. The alarm went off as if I had a patient but I didn't. The alarm was red all day, and sounded the next day as well. I actually had a new patient on the second day though, and when I cured them the alarm turned off.
  • For whatever reason the info card on the file select screen doesn't properly track playtime. At some point it reset and now says I played for only four hours, though this doesn't affect anything whatsoever.

It's a fun game, and none of these bugs are really game breaking (the softlock happened once for me and never again). As I mentioned, none of the bugs affect gameplay or trophies, but players should be mindful of the bugs so as to avoid them ?

*Edit to add bugs as I found them

Edited by Kizer26

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2023 at 10:16 PM, Matrim_Drasgen said:

I haven't encountered any of these bugs except the cooking one. It usually takes double what it says it will.

Thanks for your post and the heads-up.

Hopefully these issues are either not common or patched, because the game was fun even with the minor bugs :)