Any advice welcome!

tonkie18

I’ve tried to find the answers on the other posts but I’ve come away more confused.

Is there any way to boost this game with multiple consoles? I’m struggling with quite a lot of trophies now. If I’m honest I don’t really understand what I’m doing and it’s a feat if I survive the match at all. Everyone on my team takes all the kills, the revives, the souls. I’ve levelled up my character - I think - but I’m still awful.

Yesterday I had a go at the demon and that is even harder. They wiped the floor with me I couldn’t even work out how to possess things. I haven’t levelled any of those up yet though so that could help.

I was supposed to be playing with a friend but that hasn’t worked out so I’m just trying miserably to get the game done now. Is there any modes I can play in without randoms so I can work towards the trophies? If not can someone tell me simply how to git gud ?

Unless something changed since the last time I played, you can get all the survivor trophies by playing Survivors vs. AI.   You will have human teammates, but the AI demon is really easy to win against.  Playing that for a bit should help you get used to the game more, too.

Personally, I played a lot of demon matches before I played much survivor.  I only played survivor when I was playing with my cousin really.  I found demon wins really easy to achieve once I leveled up my demon and got used to playing.  Still lost some, of course, but won almost every match.  I'm not sure how stuff is now, though, with any new balance changes and stuff.  I was playing Necromancer at the time.

I was terrible at first.   It really is just about learning which characters you like the best and just getting used to playing them, learning the maps, etc.

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2022 at 10:39 PM, DoctorBaofu said:

Unless something changed since the last time I played, you can get all the survivor trophies by playing Survivors vs. AI.   You will have human teammates, but the AI demon is really easy to win against.  Playing that for a bit should help you get used to the game more, too.

Personally, I played a lot of demon matches before I played much survivor.  I only played survivor when I was playing with my cousin really.  I found demon wins really easy to achieve once I leveled up my demon and got used to playing.  Still lost some, of course, but won almost every match.  I'm not sure how stuff is now, though, with any new balance changes and stuff.  I was playing Necromancer at the time.

I was terrible at first.   It really is just about learning which characters you like the best and just getting used to playing them, learning the maps, etc.

Apparently they changed the balance a while back and demons have been underpowered for months now. So it might be a good idea to wait until they update the game again to see if they swing it back in the demons' favor. Which is very likely unless they give up on the game altogether, because the demon playerbase has been dwindling to the point where queueing for a game as survivor can take upwards of 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Apparently they changed the balance a while back and demons have been underpowered for months now. So it might be a good idea to wait until they update the game again to see if they swing it back in the demons' favor. Which is very likely unless they give up on the game altogether, because the demon playerbase has been dwindling to the point where queueing for a game as survivor can take upwards of 10 minutes.

Yeah, last time I played was around 5 months ago.  I have no idea what's been changed since them.   Might redownload and play a couple matches just to see what seems different.

• 5 weeks later...

This game will fall into 2 difficulty camps.

1. Those who are able to boost it will be able to do so without too many issues but it will take time.

2. Those who are not able to boost it will likely become frustrated by the random matchmaking, still doable but will test your skills and your patience as do not forget others will be going for the same trophies as you which drags out the experience.

I got the platinum trophy on this with no boosting and with random matchmaking, I also did it when all of the exploits were active that made it almost impossible to win as a demon Vs 4 human players but eventually after many attempts I got my 30 wins, I actually had 7 wins in a row at one point with a specific build and tactic setup and I thought I had the game tamed, even in the face of the cheats against me, but then I went on a 12 match losing streak just to drill home the frustration.

I think the game has been patched heavily now so it should be a lot easier than it was.

The platinum rarity will go up as lots of new players try it and get frustrated... and for me that is something I am looking forward to as I think I deserve that for what I went through :)

Edit:

2 best tips I can give anyone...

1. Play aggressively, you simply must dominate right from the start, otherwise you have no chance.

2 Necromancer is your daddy, ignore everything else, get very good at Necromancer = win.

Watch what I do in this random match with strangers, what I cast/level/where I place traps etc then you will win far more than you lose.

Evil Dead: The Game PS5 Demon easy win - YouTube

Edited by Septic_Phlegm
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 10:58 PM, Septic_Phlegm said:

This game will fall into 2 difficulty camps.

1. Those who are able to boost it will be able to do so without too many issues but it will take time.

2. Those who are not able to boost it will likely become frustrated by the random matchmaking, still doable but will test your skills and your patience as do not forget others will be going for the same trophies as you which drags out the experience.

I got the platinum trophy on this with no boosting and with random matchmaking, I also did it when all of the exploits were active that made it almost impossible to win as a demon Vs 4 human players but eventually after many attempts I got my 30 wins, I actually had 7 wins in a row at one point with a specific build and tactic setup and I thought I had the game tamed, even in the face of the cheats against me, but then I went on a 12 match losing streak just to drill home the frustration.

I think the game has been patched heavily now so it should be a lot easier than it was.

The platinum rarity will go up as lots of new players try it and get frustrated... and for me that is something I am looking forward to as I think I deserve that for what I went through :)

Demon is still pretty underpowered IMO. Especially since they added Ruby who is basically a pay to win character and is obscenely overpowered, especially with some combos (like letting Hunter Ash exorcise you from a possessed unit with under a minute which is gamebreaking.)

It is currently easier though, since the influx of PS+ newbies mean you get a lot of players running off on their own and other mistakes that allow you to feed off of them. But it doesn't seem like they've actually done much to address the balance issues.

As for your tips, I would note that: 1. while you should definitely play aggressively, also make sure to spam traps, and remember that you shouldn't expect to win until the dark ones, or the second objective at the earliest. For the most part you just want to get as much exp as possible even if it's inefficient, which usually means singling out survivors and downing them. With the Puppeteer once I down a survivor they're practically toast unless the enemy team is super OP, since I can just hover around invisible and attack whenever they try to revive them.

2. Plaguebringer has been considered meta for a long time now. Puppeteer is often cited as a second best demon, and he's who I picked for my 30 wins. No doubt it was helped massively by the new players, but I won almost all my games with him. Necromancer is considered conditionally strong from what I can tell, while Warlord is just... not great. Overall unless you're getting matched against pros you probably don't need to worry about which demon you're playing. If you are, you'll probably lose anyway since the game is very survivor sided at high skill levels, plus Ruby exists.