Glitch with the head ghost

For the record, i platinumed the ps4 version. I got the floating head ghost to appear easily. On ps5, not once. Clocks don't chime, nothing. I got her only once long ago, and that was it. It's as if the clocks are disabled. Does anyone know what I can do? It's my last trophy to encounter her 30 times, and after waiting three hours, she never appeared once.

Seems you're aware of the change to the ghosts spawns. The only thing I can think of that would be a problem is are you trying to get it to spawn at safe times when the Janitor isn't around? Might be disabled too during those times. If you are and it still doesn't work then try and remember areas from the original it would spawn in and try hanging around those areas (only one I 100% remember is the first room you have to hide in from the Janitor, well it spawned in the hallway and then came in the room). Also make sure you're at least on Hard just in case.

Edited by Rozalia1

Sadly, even with knowing that, the head ghost just doesn't exist. For the record, my brother is on same console, and he got the trophy just fine... but now even he can't get the head to spawn. It's like it quite literally deleted itself out of the game. I'm so frustrated. This is my last trophy, and a core mechanic to ruining your run on hell mode just doesn't work anymore. I have no explanation as to why

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/11/2022 at 10:27 PM, Rozalia1 said:

Seems you got it. Can you give the specifics for anyone else who finds themselves in this spot?

There was a patch a little after the release of the ps4 version that drastically reduced the spawn rate as well as removed her capacity to do damage. I imagine that's what everyone is referring to by the lower spawn rate?

In any case, she spawns after the 60 - 80 minute mark into a run (provided you have encountered the janitor after unlocking the workshop and haven't reached the auditorium). After that she spawns every 15 mins or so. Your best bet is to load a save with over 80 minutes played and to leave your console on whilst you sit in any dark classroom. Should take 3 - 4 hours provided you have encountered her a few times before.

• Like 1