Game Crashes Immediately

Shintetsuken

I've been really looking forward to this game for a while, so I planned to finally start it yesterday but I can’t even get through the beginning cutscene :(

The game immediately crashes (I see the Sony Studios logo, can choose my game settings, and then 5-10 seconds of cutscene before the crash). Error Code CE-108255-1. Has anybody encountered the same issue and eventually resolved it?

I cleaned out the dust from the physical console, reinstalled the game, rebuilt the PS5 database, cleared its cache, disconnected the external hard drive, turned off Internet, made sure language is set to English (US), tried it in both Resolution Mode and Performance Mode…just can’t get it to work :( 

Any solution would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like you need to Returnal the game back to the shop.

EIther that, you should message Sony Technical Support and say "It will immediately crash and Returnal me to the PS5 desktop!"

Sorry I couldn't resist. ?

Wish I could help but I don't have the game.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, boorish_brute said:

The only other option left is to reset your PS5 based on this site: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/error-codes/ps5/ce-108255-1/

Maybe try to restore license if you are trying to use PS+ Extra version? https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/games/restore-licences-playstation/

I tried Restoring Licenses as well, also didn’t seem to work. Also deactivated and reactivated the PS5.

I’m hesitant to Reset my PS5 because it’s a pain to transfer everything over. I’m hoping someone encountered a better fix before I have to resort to that.

On 11.11.2022 at 7:13 AM, Shintetsuken said:

Finally decided to reset the PS5…and…still crashes. Extremely disappointed.

i found this video.

but still, some people in the comment section wrote the problem was still there, so they mailed sony and received a new PS.

I don't know whats they real cause of the Problem but i hope it helps.