Accidentally Started New Game :(

oOMementoMoriOo

Everything got erased! There's no way to get it back is there? 

At least the server still gave me yesterday's challenges cups as rewards after logging in, I wish other progress was saved on Ubi's side too :( The only backup I made was like a month ago

Those ppl who had this happened to as well lol: is anything else saved onto Ubi's servers like lums or cups or anything else? I know I had like over 600k lums, not sure how many cups, but do I have to end up earning like 1.6million lums now or just 400k more lums for example? 

And all the trophies I have already gotten, do I do have to do all the stuff that's required to pop them (even tho I already got them) in order to get the platinum to pop on this new save? Or does the platinum pop by just having all the other trophies unlocked, regardless if they were done on the new save or not?

Edit: My lums got all resetted, I got enough lums rewards from the cups yesterday to get 12000 lums rewarded which auto bumped me to lvl 4 when starting the new save. But no idea if that's just visually or does the server somehow still remembers me having over 600k so I'd only have to earn like 400k more.

So the server side stuff that loaded after logging into PSN was just the Leaderboard for Challenges stuff which says I have 367 cups/pts made up of 9x Gold, 41x Silver, 72x Bronze for me. Weekly Challege was locked but by visiting it from the My Stuff menu's Weekly Challenge, it unlocked it. But all other data regarding compaign was reset to 0. 

Edited by oOMementoMoriOo

3 hours ago, Dreadking_Erlo said:

If you close the game straight away it won't overwrite I did this multiple times on ps3 by accident just don't progress and close application 

i didn't realize i had started a new game until the cutscene started and it was too late, it already overwrote it :(

3 hours ago, Mendarxis said:

Hey, I don't think that there is a way to get your progress back. That is unfortunate, but tell me, how can someone accidentally start a new game? Maybe there is someone who can help you...

the only explanation I can think is like how it happened to all the other ppl who also accidentally started a new game, where Continue is grayed out and not immediately available for whatever reason, if u hit A too soon on the main menu, it will auto default to New Game since Continue is grayed out. If I had waited just a little bit, then Continue would've been highlighted instead. Basically what happened to these ppl where Continue wasn't immediately available... none of them came bk to say yet if they had to do stuff that would've unlocked the previously already unlocked trophies that aren't campaign related...or do I need to screenshot what I already have unlocked to know what needs to be redone again later or does the game just check if they've been unlocked on said PSN ID and not unlocked on this particular new save..

Edited by oOMementoMoriOo
  • Like 1