Same Savefile? - RE8 & RE8 Gold Edition

Ovatsug09

Hi guys!

I would like to know if the save file from the "vanilla" version of Resident Evil Village can be used on the Gold Edition of the game. Really do not know if the game creates a different save because of the new edition. 

Has anyone purchased the Gold Edition and used an older save?

Thanks!

It should, there isn't another stack for the Gold Edition so I don't see why it wouldn't. Don't take it as gospel though. I do know for a fact that RE5 and RE7 had shared saves between Vanilla and Gold Editions.

But if you have the Vanilla version why are you getting the Gold Edition? The Gold Edition just includes the Trauma Pack and Expansion. If you bought both DLC's separately together it would be around $33 which is cheaper than having the Vanilla version and upgrading via buying the Gold Edition. Of course assuming you didn't sell a physical copy of the game.

Edited by BestUsername----

Thanks for the reply! I did not know that the RE7 "vanilla" and Gold shared the same save file. It is strange since both have different save icons, but since I never tested I will take your word for granted. It should be the same with Village!

And about the Village Gold Edition, I have the PS4 vanilla copy and just like to collect physical copies hahahaha I will wait for the Gold Edition to drop to the same price as the Digital DLC so I can have both versions.

Thanks again!

• Like 1