Maximum Lives

gamerXlord33

Not unobtainable 

The response from the Dev is legit. 

You will ONLY unlock it on level 9. That is; you have to complete each level without dying. And on the stinky sewers, there is an obvious/not so obvious secret. What I've been told is...........you gotta pay attention to the background......it pays homage to the grand daddy of all platformers. 

Utilizing this, I just got the trophy and subsequently the platinum trophy. 

I've never made a trophy guide before. And to keep this somewhat a secret for another four weeks, I'll publish a trophy guide for this game on Christmas eve. Revealing the level 8 secret that the dev and I have hinted towards. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

*** SPOILER*** : if you do want to discover how to get the Maximum Lives trophy by yourself and have the satisfaction to get it legit, please just stop reading NOW !!!

Otherwise here it is :

Maximum lives of the game are 25.

With that said you must catch and cumulate lives from each chapter without dying once. It can be tricky said that way but what you can do is whenever you finish one chapter close the game and put your save in the cloud. If you die during a chapter, close the game and reload your Cloud save. Doing that is the safer way to reach the goal.

In some way you will reach chapter 8 (the sewers) with 17 lives. 
There is a hidden spot in this chapter that will bring you to a place with extra lives. You will notice it when having in the background a red question mark with an arrow pointing up-left. You have to jump on the platform where those signs are and when the platform is at the top make a big jump up-left (like the arrow shows). If it does correctly you will be in the pipe (not visible) and have to go left as far as you can. You will reach 2 extras lives and a pack of 5 lives. This means 7 new lives in one shot. Now your total of lives should be 24. Just take the door and it will teleport you where you were. 
Finish the chapter without dying with your 24 lives. Don’t forget to use your data cloud as explained if you die. No deaths are allowed.

Finally play chapter 9 until you reach the last life remaining.

Doing this will make the trophy popped. Enjoy 

• Like 1