Late to the Party - Challenges are buggy af

SimmondsR

So I'm am very late to this game, especially with Hitman 3 now out.

But replaying just cos and I'm finding that the Challenges are incredibly buggy and won't unlock despite meeting the requirements several times.

Currently on Santa Fortuna and The New Concoction, The Altar Ritual, Fly Tipping and Got Any ID? just flat out won't unlock.

Was this game always buggy, I don't remember having any troubles with 2016 Hitman.

On 20/11/2022 at 4:57 PM, SimmondsR said:

So I'm am very late to this game, especially with Hitman 3 now out.

But replaying just cos and I'm finding that the Challenges are incredibly buggy and won't unlock despite meeting the requirements several times.

Currently on Santa Fortuna and The New Concoction, The Altar Ritual, Fly Tipping and Got Any ID? just flat out won't unlock.

Was this game always buggy, I don't remember having any troubles with 2016 Hitman.

Im finding the same, had no issues with 2016 version, but some just don't want to "work"

So played it a little more and there are for sure some scuffed challenges in Hitman 2 and I think the cause is saving and loading might cause some to stop working.

But with some of the challenges I mentioned above it's just that they're not explained all to well and are a bit more finnicky than 2016s Hitman. 

For example - The Altar Ritual wasn't unlocking because I didn't do it in a particular room in the underground caves but I don't think the challenge actually specifies that.

On 30/11/2022 at 11:07 AM, SimmondsR said:

So played it a little more and there are for sure some scuffed challenges in Hitman 2 and I think the cause is saving and loading might cause some to stop working.

But with some of the challenges I mentioned above it's just that they're not explained all to well and are a bit more finnicky than 2016s Hitman. 

For example - The Altar Ritual wasn't unlocking because I didn't do it in a particular room in the underground caves but I don't think the challenge actually specifies that.

I have done Santa Fortuna last few days, and managed Got any I'd, and New Concoction no issues, but had noticed a lot of my challenges with counters resetting, but as you say think its because i use multiple saves, and jumping between them for challenges

Im guessing they dont count the corridor as the "Altar Room" as i've not managed that one yet either.

Luckily i only need 3 levels of mastery and i'm done with SF, i love the game and the map is cool, but i find it far too spread out :D

• Like 1