PSA! potentially unobtainable platinum

Vern3r0z

If you are thinking of starting this game, i would reconsider. The trophy extreme collector can bug out on you and it wont unlock no matter how many items you collect. Tried deleting save data and reinstalling the game and no trophy. Also tried a third time on my ps4 with a clean save file and it just wouldn't work. I have contacted the dev on the games discord and he is aware of the issue, but the patching of the game is in the hands of the publisher so who knows if this will ever get a patch. I also sent the publishers a ticket about it. There are 10 people here who have got the EU stacks platinum with no issue, but 3 people (including me) for whom this trophy has glitched out, (there might be more, but these are the people with just extreme collector and platinum not unlocked). So i would recommend against playing this game if you were thinking about it!

• Like 4

I started the game yesterday and just got platinum. I can confirm that the "Extreme collector" trophy is buggy. It seems that only the items picked up from the floor (those from the blue boxes) and those that can be bought in the "small shop" count. Purchases of items from the workshop are not counted. It certainly felt like I should have picked up a lot more than 100 for the trophy to pop. I only played Arcade mode with different characters, about 6 full runs of the game.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Cyberdyne-7 said:

I started the game yesterday and just got platinum. I can confirm that the "Extreme collector" trophy is buggy. It seems that only the items picked up from the floor (those from the blue boxes) and those that can be bought in the "small shop" count. Purchases of items from the workshop are not counted. It certainly felt like I should have picked up a lot more than 100 for the trophy to pop. I only played Arcade mode with different characters, about 6 full runs of the game.

did the trophy pop for you at the end of the run or when you picked up the 100th item? And also did you die at all between getting the runs? Or did you just do run with every character in one go? Did you upgrade items at all?

Edited by Vern3r0z

1 hour ago, Vern3r0z said:

did the trophy pop for you at the end of the run or when you picked up the 100th item? And also did you die at all between getting the runs? Or did you just do run with every character in one go? Did you upgrade items at all?

The trophy popped up right when I picked up the last item. I didn't die between runs and I quit the game when I needed a break and continued later. I upgraded items and weapons regularly as soon as I had enough scraps

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cyberdyne-7 said:

The trophy popped up right when I picked up the last item. I didn't die between runs and I quit the game when I needed a break and continued later. I upgraded items and weapons regularly as soon as I had enough scraps

did you collect the items in the secret areas?

Edited by Vern3r0z

1 minute ago, Cyberdyne-7 said:

I did, I went to the secret areas to pick up items and scraps

did you do any of the restocking and buying many items from the shop levels?  Also noticed you did the co-op stuff early on, but did you mostly play solo. Dont know if you noticed but there are twice as many item+ other boxes in levels when you play in co-op.

16 minutes ago, Vern3r0z said:

did you do any of the restocking and buying many items from the shop levels?  Also noticed you did the co-op stuff early on, but did you mostly play solo. Dont know if you noticed but there are twice as many item+ other boxes in levels when you play in co-op.

I normally bought things from small shops. If I had enough scraps, I bought them. I played co-op at the beginning for a short time with my brother, one full game run to be exact, the rest I played solo. I didn't notice a difference with the boxes.

• Like 1

Good news! I got it to pop! according to my calculations i collected a little over 900 items on a single save to finally get it to pop. Fucking hell, i almost thought there goes my 100%  If you are struggling with this like i did just keep collecting on the same save like i did and maybe it will eventually pop hopefully. I kept deleting my save data and trying everything: collecting 100 items in co-op as the primary and as only guest account individually, changing system language, playing offline, playing on my ps4, only picking up items from the blue boxes, getting 100+ items only on one character, getting 100+ items on all characters etc. So eventually i decided to go for 1000 items on a single save with no deaths and alternating between the characters. I would do Captain -> Rhino -> Professor -> Echo -> Hunter -> Keiko and back to Captain after that. Also no restock cheese from the level shops, but i would buy the two items if i had the scraps. Did the following runs:

Captain: 58+49+64
Rhino: 53+55
Professor: 65+50
Echo: 63+60
Hunter: 68+56
Keiko: 59+45

When i got to Rhino on the third round the game started glitching out on me and i started the run so that i had no hearts visible in the game (had to equip 2 football helmets to just even see 2 hearts). Also i was getting one shot even though i had a couple of hearts for some reason and the game was getting very laggy because of all the items i had in my workshop. So when i kept getting one shot i decided, screw this im going to reset the game mode, but not delete my save data as i was getting close to the fabled 1000 items collected. Seeing as i was at 745 items and still had not popped, i thought that if i find the restock item im going to be using it this time. So i did couple of runs with the Professor (maybe three runs totaling 140-150 items) so i was close to 900. Decided to stop for the day and have a look at the mainstage melee stream top 16. After that was over i decided that the night was still young so whats a couple more runs so that i can get to 1000. Started the final run and used restock cheese for a couple of extra items and when i got to the next level that had a blue item box, i collected it an "ping" goes the trophy and finally the platinum. So i killed myself in the game and the score screen showed 10 items collected. So totaling all that it hink i was at excatly 900 or a little over by the end when i got the trophy.

So to sum this whole thing up, I don't think the plat is outright unobtainable, but it is definetly buggy so I still would perhaps think twice before going for this platinum. It took me 30 hours of extra play time testing all of my theories out who knows how long it might take for some others. Even without all the testing you can average 50 ish items in 25+ mins when you get your build off the ground so thats 10 hours for 1000 items. Doesn't sound too bad but whos to say if it pops even then and your game doesn't start glitching out like mine did. Posted earlier in this thread by cyberdyne-7 he said that it was glitchy for him too. If you do the calculations for 6 runs, then thats closer to 300 items collected than the 100 that its supposed to be. I think its safe to use the restock cheese and have them count but who the hell knows with this game. Dying is also fine i think.

Edited by Vern3r0z
  • Like 3