Fastest EXP grind

So I combined my own method with another method to do this. Right now the other method mentions 150 xp/second whereas this one you can get 240 xp/second if you don't make mistakes. This is in new game plus. You will make mistakes at first but eventually get the hang of it. There is room for mistakes. If you miss a backstab you can go for another enemy or even kill one of the samurai (next to no exp) just to go invisible again. 

Hope it helps 

Edited by Stars_of_Sirius
  • Like 3

You can just stab the first enemy, aggro the chained ogre, run back and reset. By the time you kill the other enemies you could just complete a 2nd run without any risk and gain around the same amount of exp. I can't imagine doing this before reaching NG+3. Not only do you get tons of exp from bosses, but also the time required to farm the remaining levels is significantly shorter and even then it feels like forever.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 8:42 PM, Domino_Destructo said:

You can just stab the first enemy, aggro the chained ogre, run back and reset. By the time you kill the other enemies you could just complete a 2nd run without any risk and gain around the same amount of exp. I can't imagine doing this before reaching NG+3. Not only do you get tons of exp from bosses, but also the time required to farm the remaining levels is significantly shorter and even then it feels like forever.

That's still slower though. Also there's another thread that did the calculations in regards to new game plus farming vs starting another ng++. Depending how many skill points you need it's actually faster to just stay in new game plus which is what I did. 

17 hours ago, Stars_of_Sirius said:

That's still slower though.

It's a matter of consistency. If I can get only ~5% more exp doing it the harder way, but risk failing the run due to inconsistent backstabs on moving enemies then it's not worth it in my opinion.

17 hours ago, Stars_of_Sirius said:

Also there's another thread that did the calculations in regards to new game plus farming vs starting another ng++. Depending how many skill points you need it's actually faster to just stay in new game plus which is what I did.

It depends on how fast you can rush through the game. Killing bosses while being overpowered in NG++ is way more enjoyable for me than spending these extra hours repeating the boring and tedious antechamber farm on NG+. ;)

Edited by Domino_Destructo

On 07/12/2022 at 3:37 PM, Domino_Destructo said:

It's a matter of consistency. If I can get only ~5% more exp doing it the harder way, but risk failing the run due to inconsistent backstabs on moving enemies then it's not worth it in my opinion.

It depends on how fast you can rush through the game. Killing bosses while being overpowered in NG++ is way more enjoyable for me than spending these extra hours repeating the boring and tedious antechamber farm on NG+. ;)

100% depends on consistency but it's not a lousy 5%. You can make mistakes and still be faster than the other method. In addition to that it's nice to change it up because grinding just one way gets boring. 

Also yes if you're skilled and are confident in doing a speed run, and prefer that over more grinding then why not, it could be faster. However it may not be depending how many skill points you need. Just check the other thread for the math. It's like you didn't read my comment at all lol. 

4 hours ago, Stars_of_Sirius said:

100% depends on consistency but it's not a lousy 5%. You can make mistakes and still be faster than the other method. In addition to that it's nice to change it up because grinding just one way gets boring. 

Also yes if you're skilled and are confident in doing a speed run, and prefer that over more grinding then why not, it could be faster. However it may not be depending how many skill points you need. Just check the other thread for the math. It's like you didn't read my comment at all lol. 

Chained ogre run with full reset at the statue takes 24 sec.

Assuming that we are on NG+

One ninja = 2104 xp

Two guards at the bottom = 3604 xp

2104+3604=5708

This means 5708 xp in 24 sec.

Two chained ogre runs mean 11416 xp in 48 sec.

The full run with 3 additional ninja kills as shown in the video and a full reset at the statue takes 48 sec.

3 x 2104 + 5708 = 12020

This means 12020 xp in 48 sec.

12020 - 11416 = 604

604 ÷ 12020 x 100 ≈ 5,02

The difference is ~5% :D

And I checked the other thread too...

On 10/12/2022 at 10:08 PM, Domino_Destructo said:

Chained ogre run with full reset at the statue takes 24 sec.

Assuming that we are on NG+

One ninja = 2104 xp

Two guards at the bottom = 3604 xp

2104+3604=5708

This means 5708 xp in 24 sec.

Two chained ogre runs mean 11416 xp in 48 sec.

The full run with 3 additional ninja kills as shown in the video and a full reset at the statue takes 48 sec.

3 x 2104 + 5708 = 12020

This means 12020 xp in 48 sec.

12020 - 11416 = 604

604 ÷ 12020 x 100 ≈ 5,02

The difference is ~5% :D

And I checked the other thread too...

I did that strategy a few times. Chained ogre strategy took approximately 28-30 seconds at the fastest (also stated in the guide), and there were times it took even longer. If you count the moment I leave the idol to when I recieve the EXP you can see. Not sure what causes it to take longer sometimes, perhaps where you blow the whistle. Other times it's the ogre missing his attacks. 

That's 190 - 203 xp/minute assuming it takes only 28-30 seconds. 

My strategy is 240 xp/minute. 

I feel like you're just here to argue. I posted a video to help people, if you're not a fan of the method then just move on. Ogre way is definitely easier and a great method but I prefer my way for the extra exp and keeping myself busy. Let's just agree to disagree instead of continuing this further. 

Edited by Stars_of_Sirius

2 hours ago, Stars_of_Sirius said:

I did that strategy a few times. Chained ogre strategy took approximately 28-30 seconds at the fastest (also stated in the guide), and there were times it took even longer. If you count the moment I leave the idol to when I recieve the EXP you can see. Not sure what causes it to take longer sometimes, perhaps where you blow the whistle. Other times it's the ogre missing his attacks. 

That's 190 - 203 xp/minute assuming it takes only 28-30 seconds. 

My strategy is 240 xp/minute. 

I feel like you're just here to argue. I posted a video to help people, if you're not a fan of the method then just move on. Ogre way is definitely easier and a great method but I prefer my way for the extra exp and keeping myself busy. Let's just agree to disagree instead of continuing this further. 

I'm not here to argue, just telling what works best for me. I wouldn't waste your time if I didn't test it myself, so when I say it takes only 24 sec, then I'm not making this up.

If you need more time, then you're not doing it right.

You don't use Gachiin's sugar for this and the wall next to the ninja must be broken, so you can run up straight towards him, slide and do the backstab. Next you have to run to the bridge and aggro the enemies below with the whistle, but instead walking to the middle, just do it from the left side of the room. Then just run back before the exit and look down at the ogre. Once you see the guards getting hit, immediately run to the idol and reset.

I would record the run, but I have no interest in starting a YT channel extra for this.

Do with it whatever you like, I have nothing more to add, don't care anymore.

3 hours ago, Domino_Destructo said:

I'm not here to argue, just telling what works best for me. I wouldn't waste your time if I didn't test it myself, so when I say it takes only 24 sec, then I'm not making this up.

If you need more time, then you're not doing it right.

You don't use Gachiin's sugar for this and the wall next to the ninja must be broken, so you can run up straight towards him, slide and do the backstab. Next you have to run to the bridge and aggro the enemies below with the whistle, but instead walking to the middle, just do it from the left side of the room. Then just run back before the exit and look down at the ogre. Once you see the guards getting hit, immediately run to the idol and reset.

I would record the run, but I have no interest in starting a YT channel extra for this.

Do with it whatever you like, I have nothing more to add, don't care anymore.

If it takes 24 seconds for you then I understand why you feel that way and yes it would be much better than my way. However going off the guide, a YouTube video I watched online, and my testing it's a minimum of 28 seconds which changes that additional 5% to 20% exp. I wish I got it to take 24 seconds lol. Take care. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The best location for farming is at the end game section where the Ministry Soldiers are shooting towards the Ashina soldiers on the bridge. From the idol close to where the Merchant used to be to killing off all soldiers to the end of the bridge you will make close to 12,000 skill points in about a 4 to 5 minute run. 

• 10 months later...
On 12/1/2022 at 8:02 PM, Stars_of_Sirius said:

So I combined my own method with another method to do this. Right now the other method mentions 150 xp/second whereas this one you can get 240 xp/second if you don't make mistakes. This is in new game plus. You will make mistakes at first but eventually get the hang of it. There is room for mistakes. If you miss a backstab you can go for another enemy or even kill one of the samurai (next to no exp) just to go invisible again. 

Hope it helps 

This is a huge help. Grinding out skills and this was a great find. Thanks for making it!