Resume Activity Glitch

Just a heads up for people planning to play and Platinum the PS5 version.

If you use the PS5 Resume Activity feature, it appears to delete your save file and do something with it at least. After loading into the game using the feature I played for a while before quitting out to the main menu so I could skip a boss and go straight to the next level afterwards from the main hub. When I quit out of the game there was no Continue option, only New Game. Even closing and reloading the game didn't help and the Resume Activity option was gone so now I need to start all over again...

I haven't found anyone else talking about this glitch so don't make the same mistake I did, never use the Resume Activity option with this game!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 06/12/2022 at 4:07 PM, ErynRico said:

Just a heads up for people planning to play and Platinum the PS5 version.

If you use the PS5 Resume Activity feature, it appears to delete your save file and do something with it at least. After loading into the game using the feature I played for a while before quitting out to the main menu so I could skip a boss and go straight to the next level afterwards from the main hub. When I quit out of the game there was no Continue option, only New Game. Even closing and reloading the game didn't help and the Resume Activity option was gone so now I need to start all over again...

I haven't found anyone else talking about this glitch so don't make the same mistake I did, never use the Resume Activity option with this game!

This happened to me. Doubt I'll ever finish the game, don't want to play it twice again. Be careful with Resume Activity people!

• 3 months later...

It's not even Resume Activity that causes the data loss as I used it a couple times and it was fine. I think the culprit has to do with initializing the main menu. I finished the game in one sitting because my save data got erased like you guys. After finishing, I exited to the main menu (didn't even close the application) to check the extras out and my save data was erased as soon as it booted up the main screen.

So try to finish the game one sitting, only takes about 4-5 hours, and don't exit to the main menu.

• 8 months later...

Based on reports in this thread, I didn't use Resume Activity feature on PS5 or quit to main menu. I experienced no save corruption

...but the PS5 version of the game has more severe texture issues than the PS4 version does, especially in latter levels. Falling through the world can happen quite often if you move too quickly in certain areas.

Nevertheless, it's still a quite fun game if you adore 3D platformers with a touch of metroidvania.

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

JUST LOST ALL PROGRESS AFTER ALMOST GETTING THE LAST COLLECTIBLE. I'm fucking livid. Please tell me there's a solution.

I can't believe this is happening to me, what did I do wrong to deserve this shit? Almost on the LAST COLLECTIBLE!?!???!?!?!?!?

Devastated.

Edited by fresquinho