How to acquire DLC from AS version on NA console

OathToOblivion01

I’m thinking about buying the Hong Kong version of the game and I need some clarification about something I saw in another thread. If I were to buy the Hong Kong version of the game could I simply buy the DLC in my NA psn store or do I need to make a Hong Kong psn account to gain access to the DLC? Is there any other version I should consider also?

Edited by OathToOblivion01

The na psn version of the game (or dlc) is not compatible with the Hong Kong game (or dlc).

you will need to have the same region dlc. In my case I have an Indonesian secondary psn, I bought the DLC on that store, and have the physical Asian disc.

if you are thinking about buying the physical Asian version for the AS stack, you can get the dlc from any region 3 psn store and it will work.

aka Indonesia, Hong Kong, etc :)

Edited by KaosGamesStore

55 minutes ago, KaosGamesStore said:

The na psn version of the game (or dlc) is not compatible with the Hong Kong game (or dlc).

you will need to have the same region dlc. In my case I have an Indonesian secondary psn, I bought the DLC on that store, and have the physical Asian first.

if you are thinking about buying the physical Asian version for the AS stack, you can get the dlc from any region 3 psn store and it will work.

aka Indonesia, Hong Kong, etc :)

So let’s say I got the Korean version, I would need to create a Korean psn account, buy the DLC on the Korean psn store in order to play it, correct?

13 minutes ago, OathToOblivion01 said:

Oh so if I buy a physical Korean copy I don’t need to make a new account to get the dlc? Or am I mistaken?

DLC will only work with games from the same region. If you buy a physical Korean copy, you will need to have a region 3 account to get any DLC.

4 hours ago, cckerberos said:

DLC will only work with games from the same region. If you buy a physical Korean copy, you will need to have a region 3 account to get any DLC.

So how would I go about this? do I make a Korean psn account, add Korean funds and buy the dlc off the Korean store? I’ve never done something like this before so I wanna make sure I’m doing this with all the right information.

1 minute ago, OathToOblivion01 said:

So how would I go about this? do I make a Korean psn account, add Korean funds and buy the dlc off the Korean store? I’ve never done something like this before so I wanna make sure I’m doing this with all the right information.

Korea's kind of a special case, because Korean law means that people have to have a Korean ID to make a Korean PSN account.

But generally, yes. With a "normal" country like Japan, you just create a Japanese PSN account, add funds (using Japanese PSN cards), and then buy the dlc off the Japanese store.

18 minutes ago, OathToOblivion01 said:

So how would I go about this? do I make a Korean psn account, add Korean funds and buy the dlc off the Korean store?

Well as @cckerberos  mentioned it's not so easy for Korea. As an alternative i used an Japan and Hong Kong account to buy games from Asia. Hong Kong is easy to use since it uses english.

Create a new account and use an adress from the country/city you want. That's the only info that matters for the account being from an asian country/city.

Websites like play-asia.com sell psn wallets for several regions including Hong Kong and Japan.

Edited by Evil_Joker88

12 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Well as @cckerberos  mentioned it's not so easy for Korea. As an alternative i used an Japan and Hong Kong account to buy games from Asia. Hong Kong is easy to use since it uses english.

Create a new account and use an adress from the country/city you want. That's the only info that matters for the account being from an asian country/city.

So I guess I will go with the Hong Kong version, I’ll buy a physical Hong Kong copy of the game and then buy the dlc through the Hong Kong psn store