Little Hope Infinite Loading Black Screen

When Little Hope was made available on PS Plus, I pulled it out and started playing and picking up all the collectibles. After a few days there I reached the last chapter and when I should give the final cutscene the game was in infinite loading! I searched the net and there were several people with the same problem and on twitter the company responsible for the game said they were working on a patch and so I decided to wait. The patch came out yesterday and I'm still having the same problem (which makes it impossible for me to finish the game), I contacted support and they say I have to delete all my saves and start over from 0 and see if the same error happens (WTF!!) . Incredible. As I was enjoying the game so much, I was even looking at the other games in the collection to buy, but after that, no way!

I just got the movie night trophy with an only head decisions playthrough.

I deleted my old save game before I started the new run.

It looks like they fixed it :) 

Bought all their games on release date so far, but I do have to say they are choosing quantity above quality, all of their games have too much bugs lol

I remember having a problem with a certain chapter that if I started it from chapter select I would fall through the floor because the floor wasn't loaded yet.

The fix for that was to pause the game to give it more time to load the environment.

Maybe pausing just before the cutscene has to start helps? It's just a wild guess though.

On 21/12/2022 at 11:37 AM, Kolm said:

I remember having a problem with a certain chapter that if I started it from chapter select I would fall through the floor because the floor wasn't loaded yet.

The fix for that was to pause the game to give it more time to load the environment.

Maybe pausing just before the cutscene has to start helps? It's just a wild guess though.

Already try that with no luck. :(

I will record and post here.

EDIT: The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope infinite loading - YouTube

Edited by cffc8
update

1 hour ago, cffc8 said:

Already try that with no luck. :(

I will record and post here.

EDIT: The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope infinite loading - YouTube

Can't remember but: Can you press the pause button once the loading screen shows?

Also: I notice your game (subtitles) are not in English. I don't know if this game chooses them based on your system settings for language or that you can change it ingame. But it has happened before that games crash or have loading problems because there's a problem with certain language files.

Can you try putting the subtitles in the game on English and see if that works?

19 hours ago, Kolm said:

Can't remember but: Can you press the pause button once the loading screen shows?

Also: I notice your game (subtitles) are not in English. I don't know if this game chooses them based on your system settings for language or that you can change it ingame. But it has happened before that games crash or have loading problems because there's a problem with certain language files.

Can you try putting the subtitles in the game on English and see if that works?

No, i can't. I can only access the pause menu if I hold press the PS button and then select the app again. I press continue and infinite loading screen continue on. I can even see the images and access the settings when I make the pause menu appear, but if I press continue, everything comes back to infinite loading screen.

I'm from Portugal and I have the game with text/subtitles in Portuguese and voices in English. I'll change everything to English and see if it works.

Well, I experienced exactly the same thing. I have started my ps5 version from a scratch after the latest patch and the game crashes soon after the last character leaves the burned house causing an infinite loading screen. If it matters in any way, I platinumed ps4 version two years ago, don't have save on ps5 system, though

Its seems like I wasted 7 hours ending up not even having completed the game with 20% trophy progress

Changed the language and didnt work. 

On 28/12/2022 at 7:21 PM, FlakMaximus said:

Well, I experienced exactly the same thing. I have started my ps5 version from a scratch after the latest patch and the game crashes soon after the last character leaves the burned house causing an infinite loading screen. If it matters in any way, I platinumed ps4 version two years ago, don't have save on ps5 system, though

Its seems like I wasted 7 hours ending up not even having completed the game with 20% trophy progress

Please tell this in developer twitter page. Maybe they will make a new patch

• 5 weeks later...