How do you reach rank 1?

Rank 1's trophy isn't for the ingame leaderboard, but rather your grade that gets promoted at certain score milestones. To reach rank 1, you want to score 12000 points. Concentrate on Tetrises and try not to get singles or doubles in the early sections (000-199). If you fast drop a piece by holding down and it causes a line clear, it's worth more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Rank 1's trophy isn't for the ingame leaderboard, but rather your grade that gets promoted at certain score milestones. To reach rank 1, you want to score 12000 points. Concentrate on Tetrises and try not to get singles or doubles in the early sections (000-199). If you fast drop a piece by holding down and it causes a line clear, it's worth more.

Thank you for the tips

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Is the grade at the top left of the screen what the trophy refers to as rank? If so I'm absolutely nowhere near grade 1, the furthest I made it was rank 2 but I was so many points off rank 1

26 minutes ago, Flipendo52 said:

Is the grade at the top left of the screen what the trophy refers to as rank? If so I'm absolutely nowhere near grade 1, the furthest I made it was rank 2 but I was so many points off rank 1

Yep, this grade is the "rank" that the trophy refers to. Grade 3 is reached at 5500 points, 2 is at 8000... which means just another 4000 to get to 1. Hang in there.

Going past Grade 1 will take you into the S-tier grades, from S1 (16000) to S9 (120000). If you clear the game with 126000 points and have also satisfied certain time/score conditions at levels 300, 500, and 999, you move up to GM/Grand Master.

• Like 1